These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Which Ship would you like to see remodelled?

First post First post
Author
SMT008
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#121 - 2013-08-02 11:43:23 UTC
Moa, Typhoon, Caracal, Rupture maybe.

All those ships have been made awesome by balancing patches. Maybe it's time to make them alright to look at.

Especially the Caracal considering it's going to be an awesome Cerberus hull.
Speedkermit Damo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#122 - 2013-08-02 11:48:55 UTC
Please remodel the Harbinger, Cyclone, Maelstrom.

Thanks

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Aidan Brooder
Dynasphere Ltd.
#123 - 2013-08-02 11:56:20 UTC
The Censorship.

Blog: http://aidanbrooder.wordpress.com My EVE Playlist on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSNuHY7z8n1q1BdLvW2verIfH8vvWtz_x

Goran Konjich
Krompany
#124 - 2013-08-02 12:08:05 UTC
Dominix.
Omen.
Just small tweaks to Prophecy hull.

I'm a diplomat. Sometimes i throw 425mm wide briefcases at enemy. Such is EVE.

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#125 - 2013-08-02 12:16:48 UTC
and switch the Command ships around and do the same with Assault frigs.

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#126 - 2013-08-02 13:19:08 UTC
CCP BunnyVirus wrote:
I'm listening

While we have your attention then:

Please do not give in to the OCD crowd that think that everything in space should be symmetrical. This is not Star Trek. Our ships should not be sleek and clean and explode on contact with gas clouds of dubious origin.

Ships in Eve have character. Every race has a unique feel and that feel should be preserved, as much as possible.

Minmatar ships have that "Millennium Falcon" held together by grit, sheer will, and dumb luck feel.
Gallente ships have an organic flowing feeling. (But for the love of God, redo the Dominix). They weren't built, they feel like they were grown.
Caldari have that mass produced designed by a committee feeling.
Amarr ships are great golden testaments to just how righteous the fury of the one true God can be.

Do what you like, but save the spirit behind the ships. It's why we argue so passionately for them - without that spirit, the ships are nothing. Without the ships, Eve is nothing.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Mike Whiite
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#127 - 2013-08-02 13:23:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Mike Whiite
In general, T2 ships should only resemble their T1 hulls and less paint jobs on the original hull, much like the stealth bombers now.

I don't get the asymetric Caldari ships, not only because I like a symetric shape, but I don't get the Asymetric shape as lore.

A nation gouverned by great coorperations, known for their ruthless efficienty, forgot to use that on their space ship program, and instead of cutting cost and make easier to assemble and easier to mass produce symetric ships. they let their former Gallente federation creativeness work on peaces of modern art.

The Squareness of the ships on the other hand seems very fitting for the Caldari.

I'd actualy would expect the Levihatan to look quite simulair to a Borg Cube. (most effiecient disign for a ship to large to rely on pilot eyes)

Asymetric ships is more something I'd asociate with the Minmatar and the Gallente than with the Caldari and Anmar.

Combining art and lore I'd expect the races to follow a patern something like this.

Anmar: Built to intimidate, So shiny their gods can see them from the heavens

Caldari: Efficient, simple no noncence disign.

Gallente: As with all in the Fedaration, ship design should be an art by it self.

Minmatar: Lets see what recources we have and that will be it.

Then again I'm not the art director, but it's what I think would be cool.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#128 - 2013-08-02 13:29:30 UTC
On the caldari it is odd that so many ships look like blobs of squares... blackbird, moa osprey..

As considering the names of caldari ships are bird based then surely wing based ships make the most sense perhaps to resemble the name of the ship ... so blackbird could look like an actual blackbird in flight.. i like the caracal line a symmetrical bird like design

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Abyss Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#129 - 2013-08-02 13:30:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Abyss Azizora
Omen, Amarr ships shouldn't have "wingy bits" that's for minmitar's interstellar trashbins.

Armageddon, used to be ok with the model, but now that I fly these regularly for pvp after the great Amarr Unnerfing, the model is kinda of... unfinished feeling.

I'd also like to see supercarrier's models increased in size to half that of a titan. They are too damn small for their materials cost and ehp. And they are still about the size of a carrier +25%.

PS: Also what one of the earlier posters suggested, increase the size of stations, Amarr station interiors are still bigger than the ENTIRE EXTERIOR MODELS. Also the opening for half the stations couldn't even accommodate some battleships, let alone carriers/dreads/freighters/orcas.
Aurick Steel
Warp Demons
#130 - 2013-08-02 14:17:15 UTC
Symmetry is over-rated in space ship design. There is no need for any specific shape, due to the fact that there is no need to generate lift, and nothing to create drag..

HOWEVER, even without being symmetrical...the design of all the ships in the game should feel BALANCED. That is what is most important in my mind. There should be a clear sense that the shapes of the ships' shapes fit their "functional purpose" and lore.
Cynter DeVries
Spheroidal Projections
#131 - 2013-08-02 14:23:24 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Imicus is fine. I like to think of it as the developmentally challenged sibling of the Ishtar.

Imicus the ultimate... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambda

Cynter's Law of feature suggestion: Thou shalt not suggest NPCs do something players could do instead.

Carrelle Rouppon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#132 - 2013-08-02 14:33:44 UTC
Leave all current ship models as are.
Introduce T3 frigates.
???
Profit.

Without operations like mine it would be impossible for certain Alliances to conduct a respectable war. There are three basic types of arms deal: white, being legal, black, being illegal, and my personal favorite, gray.

Cynter DeVries
Spheroidal Projections
#133 - 2013-08-02 14:42:14 UTC
Thinking on the Dominix...

I can imagine a mild redesign where a vertical edge is introduced along the right and left front to make it appear more like you are about to be bludgeoned when one of these warps in on you.

For a more radical redesign, I imagine the Dominix becoming the Battleship version of our beloved Space Tick, the Tristan. Imagine a massive death mask arriving with a rictus grin with flowing tendril arms thrown up and back, others down and to the side with Neut mounts, sentries emerging in a star pattern. Think of a nightmarish Avatar face without the stalk behind the ship.

Cynter's Law of feature suggestion: Thou shalt not suggest NPCs do something players could do instead.

jonnykefka
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#134 - 2013-08-02 14:47:48 UTC
Prophecy, in the aesthetic of the Maller reboot.
Witchking Angmar
Perkele.
#135 - 2013-08-02 14:51:00 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
Mega/Mach model has a random engine on top please remove it

It's not an engine. It's either the bridge or some sort of comms/sensor array.
Guru Gaspar
The Patriots
#136 - 2013-08-02 15:23:19 UTC
I'm glad some of you aren't designers Shocked
Auferre
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#137 - 2013-08-02 15:58:46 UTC
Dominix.

Really enjoying it after the BS rebalance, but good god is it ugly.
Vyktor Abyss
Abyss Research
#138 - 2013-08-02 16:07:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Vyktor Abyss
Dominix and the Carbon...oh I mean Charon. Oh and the Erebus.
PinkKnife
The Cuddlefish
Ethereal Dawn
#139 - 2013-08-02 16:27:44 UTC
The Celestis is awful, and the arbitrator needs some love also.
WASPY69
Xerum.
#140 - 2013-08-02 16:30:33 UTC
One of the reasons i got drawn to Caldari when starting out was the odd and sometimes asymmetrical designs. Personally I like all the designs, each one has kinda grown on me. Yes, that includes the Moa <3

If i had to choose though, I would have to say Gallente ships needs a revamp. Not entirely new models (okay, apart from the imicus, that thig is fugly) but perhaps a texture change. The current shade of green on T1 ships is horrible. The new Windicator texture is very sexy, so perhaps do something similar with the T1 Gallente hulls?

As for WIP's like the Crucifier, I'm really really liking. Especially the animated parts, makes it seem more alive and functioning as opposed to an inanimate model with turrets attached to it. Perhaps all T1 frigates needs a tweak similar to the Crucifier? vOv

This signature intentionally left blank