These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Which Ship would you like to see remodelled?

First post First post
Author
Marlene Dakenek
Devid Ventures
#81 - 2013-08-01 23:41:51 UTC
I wouldn't change any of the ship models radically.

I hope dominix won't change much if at all since it is one of my favourite models. Also asymmetrical ships should stay asymmetrical.
Lee Hekard
Doomheim
#82 - 2013-08-01 23:47:51 UTC
Primae.
Raging George
Raging Inc.
#83 - 2013-08-01 23:48:20 UTC
CCP BunnyVirus wrote:
I'm listening

Ha I was just thinking about this at work today.

Harbinger, nothing radical just more plated looking. And redo the wings someway.

Bhaalgorn, needs its own model.

Dominix

Aeon, can you find the other side of the ship, I think its about half as high but armored and there.

And in general I'm ok with asymmetrical ships but I do like it to look like there engines wouldn't cause them to spin in circles. Asymmetrical but have a good balance point for the weight.

Thanks!
Balthusdire Dominus
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#84 - 2013-08-02 00:08:11 UTC
Please please please please please fix the stupid Aeon. Finishing building that ship. I would fly it in a heartbeat if it didn't look like it was half built.

So many of the super pilots I have talked to refuse to fly it because how bad it looks...please just finish building it.
Implying Implications
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2013-08-02 00:10:18 UTC
Bellicose and Typhoon.
Balthusdire Dominus
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#86 - 2013-08-02 00:14:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Balthusdire Dominus
Supers are a big deal when it comes to looks. A ship you sit in permanently and spend tons of isk on is a big thing, it is really restricting when choosing to fly it means having to endure the ugliness. Other ships you can switch out more readily so you can deal with the ugliness, but a ship you are permanently in becomes a strain when it looks that awful.

Seriously, I'll come to Iceland and devote all my time and money to cooking you treats and meals if you guys just fix that awful ship...
Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#87 - 2013-08-02 00:17:31 UTC
Leave my asymetrical ships alone Evil it is what gives them character. Also, touch the ******* Arbitrator and I'll biomass you

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#88 - 2013-08-02 00:20:28 UTC
finish the crucifier already ;)

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Bernard Cribbins
Perkone
Caldari State
#89 - 2013-08-02 00:27:18 UTC
I think the blackbird needs remodelling too
Cipher Deninard
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2013-08-02 00:45:21 UTC
Personally I vote for the Caldari frigates/destroyers (except for the Corax, although it could be a little more symmetrical) and some of the lumpy Gallente ships (Thorax, Dominix etc). As a Gallente character I like our race, but I really hate some of our ships.
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#91 - 2013-08-02 00:46:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Phoenix Jones
The most dramatic ships that need a total remodel.. The Dominix.... the Dominix by FAAAAAAAAAAR.

The Dominix is the old workhorse of the Gallente Navy. More to that is that this workhorse has been redone quite a bit, and while being a mainstay of the Gallente Navy, is massively out of date regarding spec's. If I were a gambling man, I would leave the Navy Dominix as the current Dominix hull (the Spacewhale, potato shoe turd), and re-purpose the base Dominix to This:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Naru-Kami-Final-179403464

That ship took 2nd place. Just tint it green.

I would love the Vexor to be redone, maybe look something like this.

http://baranha.deviantart.com/art/FUJIN-FINAL-181896594

Now looking at its design from the Vexor, the changes are not overly substantial. Again I would leave the Navy Vexor as the original Vexor hull (The Gallente Navy don't like spending isk on new design ships when they can just buy the old ones rotting away for cheap and repurpose them), and change the Vexor and the Ishtar to the above (gives the newer people interesting new ship designs while keeping the old workhorse as the new navy variant).

Yes I know these are iconic, but Iconic does not mean "Stuck as is forever," they aren't historical monuments. The original flavor of the ships will be kept in the navy version of the hulls (which is important as the navy would keep an older model as it would cost the Navy Department Much Less to buy the old Dominix's and repurpose them, than buy the new updated model just to make them as useful as the old models, but cost a bunch more for designer "fluff".

You can design two new hulls for these two old favorites, re-giving them life.

The other benefit, the two above art submissions were submitted through your eve arts contest, so I believe you have the right to use these ship designs ALREADY (submissions are legal tender that they give up the right of the design and maybe used in game as CCP sees fit, check your legal).

Yaay!!!!

Bronto Scorpio
#92 - 2013-08-02 00:50:55 UTC
Bernard Cribbins wrote:
I think the blackbird needs remodelling too

Yeah it doesn't even look like a ship, (at least moa and aeon and imicus and other uglies do)

it seems more like some space scaffolding for building a station or something that can fly
Daisai
Daisai Investments.
#93 - 2013-08-02 00:54:19 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:
The most dramatic ships that need a total remodel.. The Dominix.... the Dominix by FAAAAAAAAAAR.

The Dominix is the old workhorse of the Gallente Navy. More to that is that this workhorse has been redone quite a bit, and while being a mainstay of the Gallente Navy, is massively out of date regarding spec's. If I were a gambling man, I would leave the Navy Dominix as the current Dominix hull (the Spacewhale, potato shoe turd), and re-purpose the base Dominix to This:

Now looking at its design from the Vexor, the changes are not overly substantial. Again I would leave the Navy Vexor as the original Vexor hull (The Gallente Navy don't like spending isk on new design ships when they can just buy the old ones rotting away for cheap and repurpose them), and change the Vexor and the Ishtar to the above (gives the newer people interesting new ship designs while keeping the old workhorse as the new navy variant).

Yes I know these are iconic, but Iconic does not mean "Stuck as is forever," they aren't historical monuments. The original flavor of the ships will be kept in the navy version of the hulls (which is important as the navy would keep an older model as it would cost the Navy Department Much Less to buy the old Dominix's and repurpose them, than buy the new updated model just to make them as useful as the old models, but cost a bunch more for designer "fluff".

The other benefit, the two above art submissions were submitted through your eve arts contest, so I believe you have the right to use these ship designs ALREADY (submissions are legal tender that they give up the right of the design and maybe used in game as CCP sees fit, check your legal).

If a dominix would look like that i would be flying one all the time.
Jack Tronic
borkedLabs
#94 - 2013-08-02 02:17:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Tronic
Daisai wrote:
Phoenix Jones wrote:

That model goes agaisnt ALL standards for Gallente designs. There's no organicness to the hull. Gallente ships inherently have alot of curves.

You are citing the deviantart contest which was a complete disaster. CCP even made their own after the fact because deviantart did not enforce the rules at all. People submitted everything and the kitchensink that did not fit EVE.
Sal Landry
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#95 - 2013-08-02 02:34:17 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
How they got rusty in space in the first place is something I'd like to know..

Well we are flying a Submarine Simulator game after all
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#96 - 2013-08-02 03:35:49 UTC
Why be so down on the Domi? Yah it looks like an "older" technology, but in the lore that's because it IS an old ship! It's the oldest Gallente BS in service!

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#97 - 2013-08-02 03:38:47 UTC
Jack Tronic wrote:
Daisai wrote:
Phoenix Jones wrote:

That model goes agaisnt ALL standards for Gallente designs. There's no organicness to the hull. Gallente ships inherently have alot of curves.

You are citing the deviantart contest which was a complete disaster. CCP even made their own after the fact because deviantart did not enforce the rules at all. People submitted everything and the kitchensink that did not fit EVE.

Regardless there was allot of quality ships produced, especially the two linked above. And it's about time some of the gallente ships get a good upgrade even if its off the beaten track. The above is a perfect setup for a drone ship, especially a gallente one. As a baseline, the dominix should look something like that. You say "fix it", I give you example art of how.

Yaay!!!!

Lunaleil Fournier
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#98 - 2013-08-02 03:47:05 UTC
Moa/Eagle. Its seriously terrible.
Hra Neuvosto
Party Cat Enterprises
#99 - 2013-08-02 03:53:18 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:
The above is a perfect setup for a drone ship, especially a gallente one.

No, they look very uninspired, especially the Fujin which is just a bigger Halo covenant hoverbike.
mechtech
Ice Liberation Army
#100 - 2013-08-02 04:00:08 UTC
Implying Implications wrote:
Typhoon.

You leave my flying cigar alone!