These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why "high sec bears" don't go to null

First post
Author
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#301 - 2013-08-01 21:56:30 UTC
Connor O'Keer wrote:
o7 Infinity. Let me know when you want to go Oracle vs Proteus round 2 Big smile

07 I will :)

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#302 - 2013-08-01 21:59:04 UTC
Bring a cyno and a fleet on a titan.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#303 - 2013-08-01 22:20:51 UTC
It's kinda funny how a guy can brag about 21 kills after soliong in null sec while at the same time asking for it to be easier to solo in null sec...
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#304 - 2013-08-01 22:28:16 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
It's kinda funny how a guy can brag about 21 kills after soliong in null sec while at the same time asking for it to be easier to solo in null sec...

Firstly not bragging. I was replying to a person who told me my fit was complete crap. I responded that regardless the fit let me kill 21 of their ships before it got popped. Pretty straight forward and true.

Additionally, I did not ask for solo to be easier in null. I made a suggestion that perhaps the reason for high sec people not to want to go out to null was a lack of ability to fit, resupply etc.

I find it intriguing that so many people are butthurt over me going out there and doing exactly what they always tell us high sec people to do.

I'm just a high sec carebear, I'm not a particularly good PvP'r either. Why so butthurt???

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#305 - 2013-08-01 22:34:39 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Why so butthurt???

Because you hurt their feelings....

Don't ban me, bro!

Elindreal
Planetary Interactors
#306 - 2013-08-01 22:42:19 UTC
I don't know the name of your alt that you had as a ghetto resupply platform, but as a 2003 pilot I expect you may be capital capable.

Having an alt in a carrier would alleviate a lot of your issues as it serves both as a mobile refitting platform but you can also reship in it. maybe you can't refit a t3 subsystem, but you can always jump a carrier out into a nullsec system filled with assorted pvp T3s and whatnot and meet up with it with your other pilot who flies out in a simple stealth bomber.

Keep a cloak on your carrier and log it off when not in use.

Now you can pvp all day erryday for a month at least
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#307 - 2013-08-01 22:47:46 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

Yeah, imagine that, a guy wanting to PvP a lot (and in the gutsiest form) in the pure PvP game. The outrage!
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#308 - 2013-08-01 22:49:30 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:

I'm just a high sec carebear, I'm not a particularly good PvP'r either. Why so butthurt???

Because it always stings when someone (even a self admitted "not so good") in a weak fit still manages to kill a lot of blobbers. Because they suddenly get reminded how being a blobber is one of the lowest forms of PvP life in every single PvP game.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#309 - 2013-08-01 22:59:33 UTC
Elindreal wrote:
I don't know the name of your alt that you had as a ghetto resupply platform, but as a 2003 pilot I expect you may be capital capable.

Having an alt in a carrier would alleviate a lot of your issues as it serves both as a mobile refitting platform but you can also reship in it. maybe you can't refit a t3 subsystem, but you can always jump a carrier out into a nullsec system filled with assorted pvp T3s and whatnot and meet up with it with your other pilot who flies out in a simple stealth bomber.

Keep a cloak on your carrier and log it off when not in use.

Now you can pvp all day erryday for a month at least

You can log off a carrier?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

juicy lips
Perkone
Caldari State
#310 - 2013-08-01 23:01:39 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Edit: Not going to engage in smack talk and derail this thread further. If falcon was involved it'd be on killmails. Thank you

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=18943852
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#311 - 2013-08-01 23:19:31 UTC
juicy lips wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Edit: Not going to engage in smack talk and derail this thread further. If falcon was involved it'd be on killmails. Thank you

Um, it was a pod... How is ECM relevant on this killmail?

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Connor O'Keer
Be Nice Inc.
Prismatic Legion
#312 - 2013-08-01 23:26:14 UTC
Zappity wrote:
juicy lips wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Storyline ECM is always relevant.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#313 - 2013-08-01 23:33:35 UTC
Zappity wrote:
juicy lips wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

They're reaching. Dopa was on his way back in Falcon to get his crane. He spots a pod at a gate 3 jumps from where I'm cloaking. So he's unarmed with no scram cus he sucks. He locks it anyway and jams it for fun expecting it to warp off but it just sits there. So he tells me, I look up the name and its the alliance exec so I zip over and pod kill him.

I think because Dopa jammed him like that he got on killmail as he hadn't left system. They seem to be trying to save face as to their complete inability to defend their carebears by implying we were working together as a team...

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#314 - 2013-08-01 23:36:35 UTC
Idiot pods on gates shouldn't be protected, really.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#315 - 2013-08-01 23:41:40 UTC
Also, no one should care if you are using a falcon alt or not. EVE online doesn't care if your "solo" pvp has a falcon alt. Also, get a booster alt, they're pretty handy.

Lokis are well recommended.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#316 - 2013-08-01 23:47:37 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Also, no one should care if you are using a falcon alt or not. EVE online doesn't care if your "solo" pvp has a falcon alt. Also, get a booster alt, they're pretty handy.

Lokis are well recommended.

Noted

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#317 - 2013-08-02 00:10:36 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Yeah, imagine that, a guy wanting to PvP a lot (and in the gutsiest form) in the pure PvP game. The outrage!

Its actually not a weak fit I was being sarcastic. The people criticizing it just have no idea what they're talking about because in their little world they'd never dream of soloing in a T3 in null. They have no idea what keeps you alive solo. Its definitely not packing a **** ton of plate on your augmented plating so you align like a battleship. But that's all they know.

Zerosos
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#318 - 2013-08-02 00:41:02 UTC
Armor honeycombing is your friend.
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#319 - 2013-08-02 00:52:56 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
The people criticizing it just have no idea what they're talking about because in their little world they'd never dream of soloing in a T3 in null.

This thread and every single post you've made in it are self serving and egotistical.
I know four Tribal pilots who solo roam in T3s. At least one in Darkness of Despair a bit south. More in CVA towards HED.
They know what they are doing, barring a couple who use them as cloaky transports. They kill and they get killed.
Not one of them expresses any disdain for others unless it's for laughs.
Doesn't matter what your stats are like, friendless, sperging types don't really find a place in powerful groups. Solos will never enjoy what group members do (station availability, fat rats n roids, markets).
The problem is your personality, recommend you grow one.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#320 - 2013-08-02 01:08:58 UTC
Zerosos wrote:
Armor honeycombing is your friend.

It's a great skill, a must have when using oversized plates on any ship :)