These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Aaaaand... IT'S GONE!] 5B bond (1B collateral) 10-13% interest monthly

Author
Admiral PizzaRoll
Krull Serenity
#41 - 2013-08-14 23:07:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Admiral PizzaRoll
Kraillach wrote:
ill chime in for a bil @ 13%.

mail me when u need the isk sent.

Reserved.

Forum Investor 001 wrote:
We have been given discretion in this matter.

Therefore, we offer 500 million ISK at 13%.

Please confirm.

Confirmed. 500m reserved.

I'll contact you guys again in a few days.

Thanks guys. That brings the bond down to to only 500m waiting to be filled.
Emily Khan
Evan's Angels
#42 - 2013-08-15 09:55:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Emily Khan
I will up my investment to cover the last 500 mill.confirm reservation and let me know when to send isk
RAW23
#43 - 2013-08-15 10:27:23 UTC  |  Edited by: RAW23
Large uncollateralised bond with a significant uncollateralised expansion after just a month and not one of the unsecured investors has asked a single probing question! Regardless of whether or not this is a scam the unsecured investors deserve to lose their isk.

-The bond post was this characters' first ever forum post!
-The initial request was for an amount that sounds like 5x higher than his NAV.
-No one has made any attempt to confirm any of his claims.
-An expansion to 7bil uncollateralised after less than 30 days.
-This character has now made a grand total of 15 forum posts, creating a bond of the type that scammers dream of - reasonably high return for extremely low effort.

None of this is meant to be a reflection on the OP who could be perfectly legit. The investors, on the other hand ...

There are two types of EVE player:

those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#44 - 2013-08-15 10:34:40 UTC
RAW23 wrote:
Large uncollateralised bond with a significant uncollateralised expansion after just a month and not one of the unsecured investors has asked a single probing question! Regardless of whether or not this is a scam the unsecured investors deserve to lose their isk.

Well that's a bit harsh, but I'm in agreement this seems like a bad one. I considered it but chose against it. I'll be watching this one though to see how it unfolds.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

RAW23
#45 - 2013-08-15 10:41:24 UTC  |  Edited by: RAW23
Lucas Kell wrote:
RAW23 wrote:

Well that's a bit harsh, but I'm in agreement this seems like a bad one. I considered it but chose against it. I'll be watching this one though to see how it unfolds.

How it actually unfolds is completely irrelevant. OP may well be honest but that will not change the fact that the investors have made their decisions in a terrible manner and cannot possibly have arrived at their conclusions about the OP soundly. If you take a 1:1 bet on a die rolling a 6 when the odds are actually much longer, it is still a horrible bet even if the die does come up 6. Getting lucky does not retrospectively justify bad decision-making.

There are two types of EVE player:

those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not.

arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#46 - 2013-08-15 10:45:10 UTC
My first response was: the guy is talking to himself. Nothing wrong with that.

But then after i saw who invested...Raw is right, you all desrve it.

Troll for hire. Cheap prices.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#47 - 2013-08-15 10:58:21 UTC
RAW23 wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
RAW23 wrote:

How it actually unfolds is completely irrelevant. OP may well be honest but that will not change the fact that the investors have made their decisions in a terrible manner and cannot possibly have arrived at their conclusions about the OP soundly. If you take a 1:1 bet on a die rolling a 6 when the odds are actually much longer, it is still a horrible bet even if the die does come up 6. Getting lucky does not retrospectively justify bad decision-making.

Oh absolutely.
But it's still going to be interesting. I'm making a bet with my alt on whether it's a scam. :p

okoolos rimmer
Napkin Nation
#48 - 2013-08-15 14:58:04 UTC
Since we seem to have a panel of vocal experts here ...(or armchair quarterbacks lol) what kind of due dilligence should the investors have done lol?

Like I stated in my previous post the op seems to have a semi coherent plan, at least some collateral (i.e is not peniless), the char is "oldish" and took the trouble of updating this thread with loan progress.

At the end of the day, yes it's a risk, but a calculated one.

The dice comparisons make no sense, in this situation we have only have 2 possible outcomes not 6.

From a statistical point of view you look at the odds AND the possible payoff/loss.If payoff is high enough, long odds are just fine.
(I suggest looking up the concept of Expected Value in wikipedia)
arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#49 - 2013-08-15 15:25:25 UTC
okoolos rimmer wrote:
Since we seem to have a panel of vocal experts here ...(or armchair quarterbacks lol) what kind of due dilligence should the investors have done lol?

Like I stated in my previous post the op seems to have a semi coherent plan, at least some collateral (i.e is not peniless), the char is "oldish" and took the trouble of updating this thread with loan progress.

The dice comparisons make no sense, in this situation we have only have 2 possible outcomes not 6.

From a statistical point of view you look at the odds AND the possible payoff/loss.If payoff is high enough, long odds are just fine.

What surprised me is you are usually the first to ask questions, good question. But here you just went straight in...

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#50 - 2013-08-15 15:36:18 UTC
okoolos rimmer wrote:

Personally I'd avoid first time loans with only 20% collateral. The borrower also has no previous forum posts, then has jumped in to a loan, then when that was filled ramped up the loan.

An obvious way for a scammer to get a payoff would be to offer a decent rate on a semi collaterlised loan, then once that's already hooked in, expand the loan, using the existing lenders initial responses as encouragement for the newer lenders. This case I'm not entirely convinced is a scam, but it's still risky enough to stay out of.

alt frenchguy
Doomheim
#51 - 2013-08-15 16:17:46 UTC
pizza guys face has the smug ive got your money look about it
flakeys
Doomheim
#52 - 2013-08-15 17:07:27 UTC
I'll just leave this here :

If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.

Jim Rohn

Blink

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Admiral PizzaRoll
Krull Serenity
#53 - 2013-08-15 19:54:02 UTC
RAW makes some good points. I guess my bond might have been a bit more of a gamble than most investors would normally be willing to take. If any of the current investors want to switch to option 1, that's fine. And if the investors with reserved slots for month 2 want to withdraw I'll understand.

If there is still some interest, I do plan to keep going despite the criticism. I'm not here to build rep. This will be my only bond, and after the second month I will have made enough profit from the bond to keep the trading going with my own ISK.
okoolos rimmer
Napkin Nation
#54 - 2013-08-15 20:10:39 UTC
"What surprised me is you are usually the first to ask questions, good question. But here you just went straight in..."

The bond offering just looked "right"

1) The op described the offering in some detail and you could tell he took the time to do it right (scammers for some reason are usually too lazy to do that..... so far)
2) Op was not corp hopping and is fairly oldish
3) 13% is a decent return
4) I did a bit of checking around (killboard, corp history etc) .. no red flags
5) I had a "gut" feeling that op was on the level (yeah yeah I know)

and last but most important factor:
the Moon and Saturn were in the right alignment for taking a risk according to my horoscope so it was either that or buy a lottery ticket...
flakeys
Doomheim
#55 - 2013-08-16 08:36:16 UTC
okoolos rimmer wrote:

the Moon and Saturn were in the right alignment for taking a risk according to my horoscope so it was either that or buy a lottery ticket...

Well even if you do go flatout i like your approach , reminds me of myself in my investment days.

Now i'm just old and grumpy.The only thing that is still the same is the lack of sex ... ahhh good to hold on to some habbits right?Blink

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Shizu Eisenkreuz
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2013-08-16 11:57:00 UTC
500M sent.
Forum Investor 001
#57 - 2013-08-16 12:00:46 UTC

A transfer of (enter amount here) 500,000,000.00 ISK has been made to your account.

We await confirmation of receipt and wish you luck in your commercial venture.
arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#58 - 2013-08-16 12:02:34 UTC
okoolos rimmer wrote:
"What surprised me is you are usually the first to ask questions, good question. But here you just went straight in..."

The bond offering just looked "right"

1) The op described the offering in some detail and you could tell he took the time to do it right (scammers for some reason are usually too lazy to do that..... so far)
2) Op was not corp hopping and is fairly oldish
3) 13% is a decent return
4) I did a bit of checking around (killboard, corp history etc) .. no red flags

I respect that.
Still, best scammer is a smart scammer...be carefull :)

alt frenchguy
Doomheim
#59 - 2013-08-16 13:22:28 UTC  |  Edited by: alt frenchguy
Shizu Eisenkreuz wrote:
500M sent.

Forum Investor 001 wrote:

A transfer of (enter amount here) 500,000,000.00 ISK has been made to your account.

We await confirmation of receipt and wish you luck in your commercial venture.

day old and noob corp characters sounds legit 500m sent Roll
Kraillach
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#60 - 2013-08-16 13:36:09 UTC
confirming 1bil sent, good luck!