These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Aaaaand... IT'S GONE!] 5B bond (1B collateral) 10-13% interest monthly

Author
Joal Takki
Freelance Logistics
#21 - 2013-07-20 20:40:47 UTC
I'll take the final 1B. Confirm it's still available and I'll send, cheers.
Admiral PizzaRoll
Krull Serenity
#22 - 2013-07-20 23:43:51 UTC
Joal Takki wrote:

I'm not sure if Tonsof Gun is still interested. It has been 12 hours since his post so he might have changed his mind. I guess whichever one of you confirms your interest first can fill it.
Joal Takki
Freelance Logistics
#23 - 2013-07-21 00:24:59 UTC
Admiral PizzaRoll wrote:
Joal Takki wrote:

I'm not sure if Tonsof Gun is still interested. It has been 12 hours since his post so he might have changed his mind. I guess whichever one of you confirms your interest first can fill it.

Was rather wondering myself. Consider it confirmed, ISK sent.
Admiral PizzaRoll
Krull Serenity
#24 - 2013-07-21 00:40:18 UTC
Joal Takki wrote:
Admiral PizzaRoll wrote:
Joal Takki wrote:

Was rather wondering myself. Consider it confirmed, ISK sent.

Confirmed. Thanks. :)

Well that's it for now. All bonds have been filled.
Kethas Protagonist
Protagonist Ventures
#25 - 2013-07-21 03:00:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Kethas Protagonist
Tonsof Gun wrote:
He's simply suggesting that you're scamming 4bil and trying to legitimise yourself by offering a bit of collateral and an 'elaborate' back story.

I'll probably kick in the remaining when I get home this evening.

Sorry, I would have replied earlier but it's been a busy day. You're not quite right.

Thinking was as follows:

1) The novel thing about this offering is the fact that he offered an excessive return on the collateralized portion, as evidenced by BPS pouncing on it before even verifying the nature of the collateral.

2) People seem to be snapping up the uncollateralized portion more rapidly than usual.

3) If #1 is true and these are smart creditors, then for some reason #1 is likely prompting them to feel safe about this one, but

4) I'm having trouble picturing how that could be the case. One explanation could be that they think it wouldn't occur to a scammer, who likely would be at least marginally experienced with MD, to offer the collateralized portion so cheaply, since that would distract from the usual scam bait (compelling sob story, high supposed interest rate on the uncollateralized portion).

To be clear, I have no opinion on whether this is a scam or not, I hope it isn't, and I'm still a bit sore about how willingly the forum was willing to throw that label around without justification back when I was starting up. I was strictly curious as to why the uncollateralized portion was picked up so rapidly.

Edit: good luck with the completed loan.
okoolos rimmer
Napkin Nation
#26 - 2013-07-21 16:18:32 UTC
I can't speak for anyone else but for me the level of collateral had nothing to do with offering 2B for the uncollateralized portion.
It is pretty much a calculated risk. 13% is a decent return, the op seems to know what he's doing, has a semi cohesive plan and I'm hoping the amount is too small to bother burning an alt for. No risk no reward.

that's my 2 cents.
Admiral PizzaRoll
Krull Serenity
#27 - 2013-08-08 06:35:07 UTC
We're past the halfway mark so I figured it was time for an update.

Current Status:
I expanded the number of items I am trading with and started placing buy orders for larger quantities, like I mentioned in my opening post. I did underestimate how quickly my buy/sell slots get used up when trading with this many items, especially when I frequently have more than one sell order for an item. Because of this I was not able to expand to a second hub as I originally wanted to, and so I have been training up an alt to use for trading somewhere else.

As expected, I was able to make enough to cover the interest by the end of the first week. I spent much of that first Sunday keeping an eye on my orders and managed to make about 200m on that day alone. It was definitely an outlier though, as I am not willing to spend that much time monitoring my orders every day (that would probably burn me out quickly). I am now averaging anywhere between 60-100m profit per day, with the weekends being the most profitable.

The Future:
I'm enjoying the level of trading I can do with the ISK I have to use now. I would like to extend the bond period by one more month to keep it up. By the end of the second month I should have enough personal wealth to keep trading the way I am now, so the bond will not extend past the second month.

So if you are currently investing with me, you have three options at the end of the first month:
1) Cash out completely, and get your initial investment and interest returned after the first month.
2) Have the interest transfered to you, but have your investment continue for the second month.
3) Have the interest applied to your initial investment, so it accrues interest during the second month.

You can tell me what you want to do here or in a private mail. I will contact anyone who hasn't already told me a few days before the bond period ends.

Additonal Investors Needed:
If anyone decides to end their investment after the first month, I will be looking for others to fill their place. I will also be asking for an additional 2 or 3b to get my alt trader going (uncollateralized, at 13% again).

If you are interested in investing you can reserve your space here or in a private mail.
Setsune Rin
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2013-08-08 07:53:17 UTC
to avoid seeming like a ponzi scheme...wait till the bond period is up, pay everybody back and do another
Blueprint Seller
Bring Me Sunshine
#29 - 2013-08-08 09:10:13 UTC
Admiral PizzaRoll wrote:
2) Have the interest transfered to you, but have your investment continue for the second month.

I'm happy to continue.
Admiral PizzaRoll
Krull Serenity
#30 - 2013-08-08 09:21:24 UTC
Setsune Rin wrote:
to avoid seeming like a ponzi scheme...wait till the bond period is up, pay everybody back and do another

Right now I am just taking reservations so I don't have a week or more of downtime looking for new investors after the first bond period ends. If the investors choose, I will pay back every single one of the loans at the end of the first month. If they'd rather keep it going for another month, I'm fine with that too.

My only concern is keeping my current investors happy and keeping my trading going without delay. There will always be third parties crying wolf so I really don't see any reason to inconvenience my investors or myself to keep them happy, especially when they don't even have any stake in this.
Emily Khan
Evan's Angels
#31 - 2013-08-08 18:16:13 UTC
I will take option 2
okoolos rimmer
Napkin Nation
#32 - 2013-08-08 18:20:42 UTC
door #2 for me as well...
Admiral PizzaRoll
Krull Serenity
#33 - 2013-08-12 07:41:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Admiral PizzaRoll
We're a week away from the end of the first bond period. I'm still waiting to hear from I LIKE IT and Joal Takki about what I said in my previous post.

Also I am now looking for people to fill the other 2b.
I LIKE IT
HIGH RISK INVESTMENT
#34 - 2013-08-12 07:52:31 UTC
SUP

Admiral PizzaRoll wrote:
1) Cash out completely, and get your initial investment and interest returned after the first month.
Admiral PizzaRoll
Krull Serenity
#35 - 2013-08-12 08:17:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Admiral PizzaRoll
I LIKE IT wrote:
SUP

Admiral PizzaRoll wrote:

Sounds good.

This means I am now looking for 2.5b worth of investors. 500m to fill I LIKE IT's place, and the 2b to start trading in a second trade hub.
Shizu Eisenkreuz
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-08-12 14:05:08 UTC
I can fill 500m. Let me know when it's ok to send the money.
Admiral PizzaRoll
Krull Serenity
#37 - 2013-08-12 23:42:20 UTC
Shizu Eisenkreuz wrote:
I can fill 500m. Let me know when it's ok to send the money.

All right, 500m reserved for you. I will contact you again in a week or so.

Still looking for 2b at 13% monthly.
Admiral PizzaRoll
Krull Serenity
#38 - 2013-08-14 05:02:19 UTC
Well, if there isn't any interest for the remaining 2b, I guess I will probably just keep trading in one hub for the next month and then start him up next month with my own ISK.
Kraillach
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-08-14 05:59:51 UTC
ill chime in for a bil @ 13%.

mail me when u need the isk sent.
Forum Investor 001
#40 - 2013-08-14 17:09:25 UTC
We have been given discretion in this matter.

Therefore, we offer 500 million ISK at 13%.

Please confirm.