These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Heavy Assault Cruisers

First post First post
Author
Kansas Winndu
The Quantum of EvE
#61 - 2013-07-18 12:19:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Kansas Winndu
Instead of buffing Ishtar as an op-dominix, I suggest to make some use of the heavy drones.

How about.
5% Bonus to drone MWD speed and tracking speed.

So it can be either a sentry sniper platform or a Heavy drone dps

wait I forget It's navy vexor's stat....

But anyway, Ishtar has had a long history be considered as "upgraded dominix", due to the same dps output/dps type and significant ability to tank better. There is not any other hac has an overlaped(or upgraded) role with a battleship
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2013-07-18 12:20:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
And here was me thinking that i didn't use HACs because of their comparatively poor dps, tank and slot layout. It turns out what i really wanted was the sig radius of a battleship... A 25% bonus to AB speed would have been nice.

The medium long range gun buff will do a lot for HACs but I guess we'll see if this WMD bonus is actually an improvement when they hit the real server.

When can we expect to see these changes?
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#63 - 2013-07-18 12:20:47 UTC

When can we test these changes?

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

David Kir
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#64 - 2013-07-18 12:21:24 UTC
Alsyth wrote:
- slower than most T1 cruisers still, which is a real problem
- base hp so low that tank cannot rival faction cruisers except under heavy reps.
- munnin still bad, why not get rid of these utility hi like the deimos, and have a truly versatile 5/4/6? that along the very small buff to arties compared to the others makes Munnin really poor. Only 3 med slots, really... Even the Deimos has 4!

- could really hurt the tier3 BC and that's a good thing
- awesome job on the vaga, will be a great solo ship with ASB (OP even, imo)
- nice for the deimos, ishtar
- awesome for the eagle except it's still much too slow
- awesome for rapid light missile launcher cerberus, but still no use for hml, and horrible to fit. One of the few with a decent speed.
- sacrilege I don't understand. still meh (HML being so useless don't help), and the cap bonus, really?
- Zealot will be nice, the damage buff will make it really powerful. But too slow.

The Muninn's extra high is for a remote SeBo, which is what it needs.
The new lowslot layout makes it sturdier.

All in all, its role as an alpha dealer is still intact, and its efficacy has been improved.
BL will be quite happy about this.

Friends are like cows: if you eat them, they die.

mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#65 - 2013-07-18 12:22:03 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Why is the Ishtar not getting some fitting buff, the vexor has +100 power grid and +15 CPU

The vexor is gun bonused and sort of expected to use them, the ishtar is not. You can fit a 1600mm plate based tank and "basically anything you want" to the vexor already if you don't make much use of the highs, or you can fill your highs with utility modules at the cost of a lighter tank and tighter fitting. It's a fair trade off.

And what is the reason the navy vexor has the same power grid and +10 CPU over the vexor yet only has 2 unbonused turrets, where as the Ishtar got an extra turret.

Lol Okay, can't argue with you there.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

David Kir
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#66 - 2013-07-18 12:22:25 UTC
Tuxedo Catfish wrote:
... you're buffing the Vagabond?

What, were people not using them or something?

I like the Ishtar change and about half the Deimos change. I wish you'd replaced the MWD capacitor bonus with something useful though, maybe tracking?

Yep, people were not using them.
Really.

Jassmin Joy
Pulling The Plug
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#67 - 2013-07-18 12:29:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Jassmin Joy
Something seems broken when Navy versions are going to outdo t2 versions.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#68 - 2013-07-18 12:30:30 UTC
David Kir wrote:
Tuxedo Catfish wrote:
... you're buffing the Vagabond?

What, were people not using them or something?

I like the Ishtar change and about half the Deimos change. I wish you'd replaced the MWD capacitor bonus with something useful though, maybe tracking?

Yep, people were not using them.
Really.

they were most likely using cynabals instead like me :)

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Andrea Griffin
#69 - 2013-07-18 12:32:35 UTC
I'd much rather give the assault cruiser line something unique to help them stand out - like EWar resistance. 10% per level reduction in the effectiveness of hostile EWar (TDs, Damps, Webs, etc.). This would give the HACs a useful and unique capability to help them stand out.
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#70 - 2013-07-18 12:33:23 UTC  |  Edited by: War Kitten
So far you have my likes. Love the 50% MWD sig reduction.

EDIT: Way too many good points in this thread against the sig reduction for MWD not being terribly useful.

I actually want to try the Diemost now as a rail boat.
The Ishtar changes look beautiful for my sentry boat. Drone speed would've been nice for pvp. (and needs CPU)
The Cerb might work for my Caldari alt now.
Eagle I'll at least play with in EFT again.
Might have to try an ASB vagabond.
Zealot is really going to miss that 18 hull, but +1 sensor strength is a fair trade. :)

Sac and Muninn I've not flown, so no comments.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2013-07-18 12:35:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
It also seems very silly to not turn the sacrilege into a drone boat. The prophecy was turned into a drone boat meaning thAT Amarr players needed to skill up for drones, but then there is no higher level (e.g. HAC) drone boat for Amarr pilots.
Corporal Cina
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2013-07-18 12:39:33 UTC
Finally HAC love!

I like the Ishtar and Vaga. Many other good changes out there but it will take a while to see where the dust settles.

Eagerly await the Command Ship pass. (Eos as a real drone boat please!)
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#73 - 2013-07-18 12:43:42 UTC
According to that big list of what you guys would be tiericiding, I thought T2 and faction frigates would come before T2 cruisers.

I trained EAF 5. When will I be able to use it outside the AT? AFs, the nemesis, dictors, all interceptors and all pirate frigates could use some work too.
Jureth22
State War Academy
Caldari State
#74 - 2013-07-18 12:44:10 UTC
thanks for ruining the vagabond.also,eagle changes are mostly insignificant.back to drawing board
Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#75 - 2013-07-18 12:46:46 UTC
Sac should get some sort of scram/disrutper/web range/strength bonus instead of the mostly useless cap bonus.

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

David Kir
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#76 - 2013-07-18 12:47:42 UTC
Jureth22 wrote:
thanks for ruining the vagabond.also,eagle changes are mostly insignificant.back to drawing board

Ruining the Vagabond?

I hope you're trolling: the contrary would mean you're stupid.

Meatypopsicle
State War Academy
Caldari State
#77 - 2013-07-18 12:48:50 UTC
mynnna wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Why is the Ishtar not getting some fitting buff, the vexor has +100 power grid and +15 CPU

The vexor is gun bonused and sort of expected to use them, the ishtar is not. You can fit a 1600mm plate based tank and "basically anything you want" to the vexor already if you don't make much use of the highs, or you can fill your highs with utility modules at the cost of a lighter tank and tighter fitting. It's a fair trade off.

And what is the reason the navy vexor has the same power grid and +10 CPU over the vexor yet only has 2 unbonused turrets, where as the Ishtar got an extra turret.

Lol Okay, can't argue with you there.

The drone mods (link aug and omnidir) take a lot of CPU so even if the PG is unchanged it needs more CPU.

on a different point it's kinda dumb that something like a Gila has more drone bay. Add another 50 to the base drone bay and keep the +50 per level.

Finally, I'm sad that going short range with blasters has been nerfed...
Jureth22
State War Academy
Caldari State
#78 - 2013-07-18 12:50:03 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Zer Res wrote:
No damage on the ishtar??

Hah, sorry, fixed =)

what about ishtar getting another low slot for the one lost?also vaga getting another mid?
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#79 - 2013-07-18 12:51:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Harvey James
if you're not willing to go to 16 slots then at least increase bonuses like you did on bc's and then take from the highs to feed the lows or mids

Also is it just me or do all these seem to be designed either for brawling or sniping?
Also eagle's bonuses contradict it in every way/stats

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

darius mclever
#80 - 2013-07-18 12:51:48 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
CCP Rise have you tried to fix the cerberus?
seriously does it need to spew missiles out too 200km ?

look at the caracal that is the model you need to look at here and also the corax these have nice combos....
missile explosion velocity is perfect for a kitey missile ship

Also more speed on these things please

The cerb used to have 250k range, which was especially nice to annoy falcons to death.
IMHO it needs the range.