These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

When will the customs offices be removed?

Author
Celgar Thurn
Department 10
#21 - 2011-12-27 10:49:49 UTC
Ingvar Angst wrote:
Hell, they could even double the tax rate for all customs offices like they're doing in high sec...

Just to correct you on that figure the tax rate for Customs Offices has not been doubled in high sec. The original dev blog for POCO's stated that figure but shortly before implementation of the PI/Customs Offices the actual tax increase calculations were released in an obscure location. I don't have the figures to hand but the tax increases at high sec Customs Offices are in fact many hundreds of percent.

To make POCO's economically viable the high sec taxes had to be increased by the factor they have been. POCO's will also form part of the connection between EVE Online & DUST 514 whereby Dust mercenaries will be able to take down PI set-ups in low & nul sec. Unfortunately the new tax rates put PI out of reach for use by new pilots in New Eden and is yet another nerf for nul sec to encourage more pilots to dip their toes into nul sec. I personally doubt it will encourage many more pilots to venture there who have not already done so.
Raven Ether
Doomheim
#22 - 2011-12-27 12:41:41 UTC
drifter raas wrote:
Ingvar Angst wrote:
I'm trying to get them to consider a different twist on it...

Customs offices should remain in place. If someone anchors a POCO, the customs office is deactivated/shut down. If the POCO gets blown up/ removed, whatever, the customs office comes back online.

I think this would benefit the community a lot more so than this cold turkey, screw your PI whether you like it or not approach. It allows POCOs to enter the game at their own pace, for example, wtihout screwing existing PI up. It'll add a more business like element... people putting them up aroound desired planets will be "encouraged" to set fair tax rates or have them blown to hell so people can go about their business as usual. It will minimize hostile corps using POCOs as a resource denial tactic for the same reason... others will blow it up and set things back to "normal". Hell, they could even double the tax rate for all customs offices like they're doing in high sec... at least the system wouldn't be getting screwed to hell while POCOs enter the game and are distributed.

Stop crying FFS

Shut up ******* moron ******.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#23 - 2011-12-27 17:22:07 UTC
Celgar Thurn wrote:
Ingvar Angst wrote:
Hell, they could even double the tax rate for all customs offices like they're doing in high sec...

Just to correct you on that figure the tax rate for Customs Offices has not been doubled in high sec. The original dev blog for POCO's stated that figure but shortly before implementation of the PI/Customs Offices the actual tax increase calculations were released in an obscure location. I don't have the figures to hand but the tax increases at high sec Customs Offices are in fact many hundreds of percent.

To pick nits, the tax rate was roughly doubled in hisec. The reason taxes paid skyrocketed was because the assessed value upon which that tax rate was applied to calculate taxes due was adjusted to market prices at the time. So the total taxes paid shot up hundreds of percent.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Previous page12