These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

fix cloaky ships

Author
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#21 - 2013-07-18 09:53:26 UTC
Oh and Jugernauth, for someone with the following in their Bio:

Quote:
“The jugernauth -- the best and biggest military force in the universe -- lumbers on, doing what it knows how to do best. It is unwilling to rethink its future, unable to let go of the past. Like the shark, it must keep feeding, only now it is feeding on itself.”

"Wise men fear death, but even death fears the jugernauth"

...you are pretty carebear.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Onomerous
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#22 - 2013-07-18 12:27:24 UTC
No

Cloaking is fine so it doesn't need a solution.
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-07-18 12:40:18 UTC
Onomerous wrote:
No

I disagree.

All ships should always be cloaked, decloaking yourself should be an action that requires a special module, at the same time You should be able to scan for cloaked ships AND forcefully decloaking someone else by either proximity or yet another special module should disable warp drive and targeting sensor of the forcefully decloaked party for at least 30 seconds.

We need better space submarines.

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Evanga
DoctorOzz
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#24 - 2013-07-18 12:49:47 UTC
Debora Tsung wrote:
Onomerous wrote:
No

I disagree.

All ships should always be cloaked, decloaking yourself should be an action that requires a special module, at the same time You should be able to scan for cloaked ships AND forcefully decloaking someone else by either proximity or yet another special module should disable warp drive and targeting sensor of the forcefully decloaked party for at least 30 seconds.

i just spilled my beer SadSadSadSadSadCryCryCryCryCryCry
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-07-18 12:50:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Debora Tsung
Evanga wrote:
Debora Tsung wrote:
Onomerous wrote:
No

I disagree.

i just spilled my beer SadSadSadSadSadCryCryCryCryCryCry

SUCCESS! Big smile

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2013-07-18 20:11:01 UTC
Jugernauth wrote:
Sinds endless cloaking leads to allot of unwanted gameplay as afk cloakys i suggest:

1. Make each cycle of cloaking device take more cap then last so at one point take more cap then the regen of cap
2. Or stop cap regen iff activating cloaking device

This will make ppl to decloak or auto decloak out off cap.

Would suggest max cloak time on covers ops off 30 min

Could you have at least used the search function, seen that this idea has been proposed dozens of times, and then exercised some goddamn ****ing restraint and not posted? Huh?

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2013-07-18 20:14:02 UTC
ORLICZ wrote:
siPLE FIX :

add new module, new skill for scanning cloacked ships. but scanning down cloacked ship should be long enoug ex 5-10 min

to prevent from afk cloacking

Also tired old ideas that have been suggested dozens of times posted by another ignorant player.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#28 - 2013-07-18 20:16:37 UTC
Jugernauth wrote:
suid0 wrote:
Jugernauth wrote:
Tchulen wrote:
Or not.

I suggest they leave cloaking as it is rather than create more problems than there are currently with your suggestion.

You should try reading all the other "I'm afraid of the big bad cloak" threads before posting a minor variation on a major theme. Your suggestion, in many different forms, has been posted before.

Not scared off hem. Just think ppl that are afk schuld log off

Then the same should go for people afk within pos shields and stations

They have way less influenze on ppl gameplay because you can locate them

No, you can't. At least not necessarily. If I arrive in a hostile system with an outpost or conquerable station and I see a hostile, I don't know if he is:

A) Docked.
B) Undocked, but out of scan range.
C) Undocked, but cloaked.

Really learn how the game works first before you display your ignorance for everybody on the forums to see.

Onomerous
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#29 - 2013-07-18 20:20:46 UTC
Debora Tsung wrote:
Onomerous wrote:
No

I disagree.

But the decloaking module should take lots of cap so you can't keep it on permanently. And it should have a skill involved which increases the decloaking range per level. If you get within 5km of a station or POS, all the people inside will be thrown out of the structure 40km with their capacitors empty and all weapons will be unloaded as well.
RoAnnon
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2013-07-18 20:40:30 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Really learn how the game works first before you display your ignorance for everybody on the forums to shamelessly make fun of.

I fixed that for you

So, you're a bounty hunter. No, that ain't it at all. Then what are you? I'm a bounty hunter.

Broadcast4Reps

Eve Vegas 2015 Pub Crawl Group 9

Houston EVE Meet

Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#31 - 2013-07-18 21:27:21 UTC
Um... but cloaks aren't broken.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#32 - 2013-07-18 21:38:36 UTC
Some people must sleep with the light on for fear of being ganked by the boogeyman.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

gawrshmapooo
J33 Monocombine
#33 - 2013-07-18 23:35:16 UTC
AFK cloaking, The biggest issue since AFK forum posting.

I sell combat boosters of every strength and type. Message me to get your edge.

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-07-19 07:21:09 UTC
Onomerous wrote:

But the decloaking module should take lots of cap so you can't keep it on permanently. And it should have a skill involved which increases the decloaking range per level. If you get within 5km of a station or POS, all the people inside will be thrown out of the structure 40km with their capacitors empty and all weapons will be unloaded as well.

Brilliant! I propose we set up a website to collect votes to force CCP to act according to our whims!

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#35 - 2013-07-19 09:24:36 UTC
The only fix I would like to see for cloaky ships is one in which they get more EHP, incredibly fast lock times, more dps and longer ranges so that I can happily vaporise the OP's mining bots when I am not AFK.

Also remove local and go for constellation chat instead when in null so I can afk cloak and shut down mining bots across an entire constellation just by turning up, safespotting and cloaking.

Best idea ever!

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#36 - 2013-07-19 10:36:40 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
The only fix I would like to see for cloaky ships is one in which they get more EHP, incredibly fast lock times, more dps and longer ranges so that I can happily vaporise the OP's mining bots when I am not AFK.

Also remove local and go for constellation chat instead when in null so I can afk cloak and shut down mining bots across an entire constellation just by turning up, safespotting and cloaking.

Best idea ever!

Brilliant! That way we could terrorize whole constellations with a simple "Hello :)" Lol

Evanga
DoctorOzz
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#37 - 2013-07-19 11:51:24 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:

Best idea ever!

Twisted
Verity Sovereign
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-07-19 12:39:45 UTC
AFK cloaking is not the problem, local is is the problem.
AFK cloaking is an ad hoc solution to the problem.
Do not try to undo a solution to the problem unless you have a better solution in mind.
Anthar Thebess
#39 - 2013-07-19 13:13:15 UTC
I wonder why people are so afraid of AFK cloakers.
If they are AFK - then they are harmles.
And if they are not AFK then this is the reason WHY we have cloak!
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=18792933
Previous page12