These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Star Citizen v EVE

First post First post First post
Author
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#1921 - 2015-02-21 18:24:18 UTC  |  Edited by: DaReaper
$325 usd?!? for a mining ship?? holy ****.. the cash grab is strong with this one

and the mining sounds convoluted, but thats ok, i'm already not going to play SC if it ever comes out

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1922 - 2015-02-21 22:59:32 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
$325 usd?!? for a mining ship?? holy ****.. the cash grab is strong with this one

and the mining sounds convoluted, but thats ok, i'm already not going to play SC if it ever comes out



Why did I guess you were going to say this?....:P


Ship looks awesome, and is completely configurable, and the mining mechanics complex enough to not make the profession a flipping bore like it is with EVE....Here's no AFK involved here.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#1923 - 2015-02-22 00:06:31 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
$325 usd?!? for a mining ship?? holy ****.. the cash grab is strong with this one

and the mining sounds convoluted, but thats ok, i'm already not going to play SC if it ever comes out



Why did I guess you were going to say this?....:P


Ship looks awesome, and is completely configurable, and the mining mechanics complex enough to not make the profession a flipping bore like it is with EVE....Here's no AFK involved here.



we will see, as there is no mining gameplay yet so who knows

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1924 - 2015-02-22 00:28:13 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
$325 usd?!? for a mining ship?? holy ****.. the cash grab is strong with this one

and the mining sounds convoluted, but thats ok, i'm already not going to play SC if it ever comes out



Why did I guess you were going to say this?....:P


Ship looks awesome, and is completely configurable, and the mining mechanics complex enough to not make the profession a flipping bore like it is with EVE....Here's no AFK involved here.



we will see, as there is no mining gameplay yet so who knows



Given the possibility of having explosions caused by the drilling laser itself, depending on what is in the asteroids and having the potential to damage the ship, never mind needing to send probes to get a mineral content analysis, and the fields being packed so that piloting skill is also required, it seems to be quite entertaining...Add the potential to fit out the ship with a mobile refinery to increase profits to boot.


By comparison, mining in EVE is about as entertaining as watching paint dry...LolP
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#1925 - 2015-02-22 01:24:36 UTC
Best looking ship they've come up with so far.
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1926 - 2015-02-22 05:55:58 UTC  |  Edited by: digitalwanderer
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
Best looking ship they've come up with so far.



Same guy that designed the main ship in that Jupiter ascending movie, George Hall.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1927 - 2015-02-22 09:37:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
digitalwanderer wrote:
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
Best looking ship they've come up with so far.



Same guy that designed the main ship in that Jupiter ascending movie, George Hall.


I kinda wonder how will be the interiors, and specially the living quarters. A mediocre designer would make them rugged, industrial, this-crate-is-falling-apart style. A witty designer would make them as RL ships were crews spend a lot of time out of port: comfortable, soothing and a little luxurious. Blink
Hrothgar Nilsson
#1928 - 2015-02-22 14:52:24 UTC
Frankly, it seems to me from what I know about Star Citizen, that it's going to be a collection on incoherent, disjointed elements that won't form a harmonious whole.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#1929 - 2015-02-23 16:58:48 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
$325 usd?!? for a mining ship?? holy ****.. the cash grab is strong with this one

and the mining sounds convoluted, but thats ok, i'm already not going to play SC if it ever comes out



Why did I guess you were going to say this?....:P


Ship looks awesome, and is completely configurable, and the mining mechanics complex enough to not make the profession a flipping bore like it is with EVE....Here's no AFK involved here.



we will see, as there is no mining gameplay yet so who knows



Given the possibility of having explosions caused by the drilling laser itself, depending on what is in the asteroids and having the potential to damage the ship, never mind needing to send probes to get a mineral content analysis, and the fields being packed so that piloting skill is also required, it seems to be quite entertaining...Add the potential to fit out the ship with a mobile refinery to increase profits to boot.


By comparison, mining in EVE is about as entertaining as watching paint dry...LolP


Bolded the important word for you. So again, we will see. Statements on paper =! game play

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#1930 - 2015-02-23 17:00:15 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
$325 usd?!? for a mining ship?? holy ****.. the cash grab is strong with this one

and the mining sounds convoluted, but thats ok, i'm already not going to play SC if it ever comes out



Why did I guess you were going to say this?....:P


Ship looks awesome, and is completely configurable, and the mining mechanics complex enough to not make the profession a flipping bore like it is with EVE....Here's no AFK involved here.



and i don;t care if the ship looks awesome, $350 for a digital pixel that you can;t even fly yet is insane. But a fool and his money...

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#1931 - 2015-02-23 18:32:08 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
$325 usd?!? for a mining ship?? holy ****.. the cash grab is strong with this one

and the mining sounds convoluted, but thats ok, i'm already not going to play SC if it ever comes out



Why did I guess you were going to say this?....:P


Ship looks awesome, and is completely configurable, and the mining mechanics complex enough to not make the profession a flipping bore like it is with EVE....Here's no AFK involved here.



and i don;t care if the ship looks awesome, $350 for a digital pixel that you can;t even fly yet is insane. But a fool and his money...


No need to call ppl names for some $sum is not an issue,

Game asset cost money,you can buy 2 of those ships or something more expensive or 5 dolla key chain because it aint bout stuff that is available to everybody when game launch,it is about funding.

Or dont pay a penny no one is forsing you.

Or you can just throw spite around out of hate.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1932 - 2015-02-24 06:36:06 UTC  |  Edited by: digitalwanderer
Mina Sebiestar wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
$325 usd?!? for a mining ship?? holy ****.. the cash grab is strong with this one

and the mining sounds convoluted, but thats ok, i'm already not going to play SC if it ever comes out



Why did I guess you were going to say this?....:P


Ship looks awesome, and is completely configurable, and the mining mechanics complex enough to not make the profession a flipping bore like it is with EVE....Here's no AFK involved here.



and i don;t care if the ship looks awesome, $350 for a digital pixel that you can;t even fly yet is insane. But a fool and his money...


No need to call ppl names for some $sum is not an issue,

Game asset cost money,you can buy 2 of those ships or something more expensive or 5 dolla key chain because it aint bout stuff that is available to everybody when game launch,it is about funding.

Or dont pay a penny no one is forsing you.

Or you can just throw spite around out of hate.





It's the latter for him.......He's been going around for the last 2 years saying it's a scam and Chris Roberts is going to take all that money and go to some tropical island resort for the rest of his life and other idiotic stuff like this.

Yet here we are with the Fps module and the social module coming out next month....Most of the content (still in alpha stage), is going to be released this year, and he's going to royally have to put up with a lot of flak once that happens.....I feel sorry for him really (no, not really...:P).
Dominique Vasilkovsky
#1933 - 2015-02-24 15:35:56 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
$325 usd?!? for a mining ship?? holy ****.. the cash grab is strong with this one

and the mining sounds convoluted, but thats ok, i'm already not going to play SC if it ever comes out



Why did I guess you were going to say this?....:P


Ship looks awesome, and is completely configurable, and the mining mechanics complex enough to not make the profession a flipping bore like it is with EVE....Here's no AFK involved here.

$325 is pretty insane for an ingame assett (probably cheap by SC standards though).

How much are those carriers (if they canbe bought yet)?
Mirime Nolwe
Mantra of Pain
#1934 - 2015-02-24 16:34:41 UTC
Hrothgar Nilsson wrote:
Frankly, it seems to me from what I know about Star Citizen, that it's going to be a collection on incoherent, disjointed elements that won't form a harmonious whole.


Just this.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#1935 - 2015-02-24 17:59:00 UTC  |  Edited by: DaReaper
digitalwanderer wrote:
Mina Sebiestar wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
$325 usd?!? for a mining ship?? holy ****.. the cash grab is strong with this one

and the mining sounds convoluted, but thats ok, i'm already not going to play SC if it ever comes out



Why did I guess you were going to say this?....:P


Ship looks awesome, and is completely configurable, and the mining mechanics complex enough to not make the profession a flipping bore like it is with EVE....Here's no AFK involved here.



and i don;t care if the ship looks awesome, $350 for a digital pixel that you can;t even fly yet is insane. But a fool and his money...


No need to call ppl names for some $sum is not an issue,

Game asset cost money,you can buy 2 of those ships or something more expensive or 5 dolla key chain because it aint bout stuff that is available to everybody when game launch,it is about funding.

Or dont pay a penny no one is forsing you.

Or you can just throw spite around out of hate.





It's the latter for him.......He's been going around for the last 2 years saying it's a scam and Chris Roberts is going to take all that money and go to some tropical island resort for the rest of his life and other idiotic stuff like this.

Yet here we are with the Fps module and the social module coming out next month....Most of the content (still in alpha stage), is going to be released this year, and he's going to royally have to put up with a lot of flak once that happens.....I feel sorry for him really (no, not really...:P).



No, not really. Most of my post have been that the hype and the 'omg this will be so amazing when it comes out lol this will kill eve cause this mechanic sounds great' is insane. Experience and the past shows that CR is 50/50 on delivery of what he wants, vs what comes out and one of the 50 was an utter flop. And i believe this game will be a total flop. But thats only because the foaming at the mouth fan bois who can;t seem to pause and go 'well that sound cool, but i think i want to see it first' make me want to see them cry at all the money they wasted. As an 11 year, prolly nearly 12 year, eve player digital, you should know by now that just because some dude goes on stage and shows images or a video of a wip piece doesn't mean that's how it will work in a game. But as i said, a fool and his money are soon parted. Because until there is a FULL game, not some peace meal pre alpha things (and i am just learning that AC is not even going to be a part of the main game... so what?) i will believe it will be vapor ware that will never come out, or will fall way short of the mark that they fan bois are drooling over. If it comes out, and is not a pretty polished turd in a ribbon, but still a freaking turd, i'll eat my words. Till then i'll keep spouting that the hype for this game is stupid. And anyone willing to pay $350 for a ship you can not even fly yet is a fool. But hey, its your money, i'll just have my bukett ready. But i have a much better ivestment for you, a bridge in cali i'll sell you for $300. or better yet, i'll sell you an item in eve, you know a game you can play right now, for $500.


Sheesh prespective people. I'm fine with people buying packages to support a game, but there comes a time when you look at someone throwing thousends at a game that is not even close to being finished yet, had a ton of issues even getting there multiplayer netowrk working, on a multiplayer game, and has already delayed to add more crap that can be added later, and you start to wonder if people really are crazy.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1936 - 2015-02-24 20:16:04 UTC  |  Edited by: digitalwanderer
DaReaper wrote:


No, not really. Most of my post have been that the hype and the 'omg this will be so amazing when it comes out lol this will kill eve cause this mechanic sounds great' is insane. Experience and the past shows that CR is 50/50 on delivery of what he wants, vs what comes out and one of the 50 was an utter flop. And i believe this game will be a total flop. But thats only because the foaming at the mouth fan bois who can;t seem to pause and go 'well that sound cool, but i think i want to see it first' make me want to see them cry at all the money they wasted. As an 11 year, prolly nearly 12 year, eve player digital, you should know by now that just because some dude goes on stage and shows images or a video of a wip piece doesn't mean that's how it will work in a game. But as i said, a fool and his money are soon parted. Because until there is a FULL game, not some peace meal pre alpha things (and i am just learning that AC is not even going to be a part of the main game... so what?) i will believe it will be vapor ware that will never come out, or will fall way short of the mark that they fan bois are drooling over. If it comes out, and is not a pretty polished turd in a ribbon, but still a freaking turd, i'll eat my words. Till then i'll keep spouting that the hype for this game is stupid. And anyone willing to pay $350 for a ship you can not even fly yet is a fool. But hey, its your money, i'll just have my bukett ready. But i have a much better ivestment for you, a bridge in cali i'll sell you for $300. or better yet, i'll sell you an item in eve, you know a game you can play right now, for $500.


Sheesh prespective people. I'm fine with people buying packages to support a game, but there comes a time when you look at someone throwing thousends at a game that is not even close to being finished yet, had a ton of issues even getting there multiplayer netowrk working, on a multiplayer game, and has already delayed to add more crap that can be added later, and you start to wonder if people really are crazy.



You do realize that making the game with the kind of scope and ambition he's aiming for is impossible, while still using the standard publisher model right?.....It's going to push the limits on graphics, on having realistic physics for everything, on having the best possible AI implemented, both a single player campaign with 50 missions and a persistent universe module, and as you saw with just the mining profession, it's actually quite complex and fairly dangerous....There won't be boring activities in the game.

I am fully aware that it will require a monster PC to run, and so is everyone that backed the game so far, and we're now approaching the 75 million mark....It's reasons like this that would make any publisher think twice about backing it's development, as it's just too ambitious in it's scope.


So if we want it made, we're the ones that have to take over the publisher part by financing it ahead of time, so it's a test of faith that the team can pull it off, and they're fully aware of it and mention it repeatedly how grateful they are to be given this chance to make the game of their lives, not just CR himself but everyone of the 300+ members across 6 studios involved in the project.


If you don't want to play the same rehashed crap that publishers dish out on a routine basis, because let's face it there's very little originality in games these days, you have to flat out bypass the usual process for creating them, and that means taking risks.


So if anything, you've proven you're averse to taking risks, and that's fine.....I guess it's not for everyone.
Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1937 - 2015-02-24 21:50:18 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
You do realize that making the game with the kind of scope and ambition he's aiming for is impossible, while still using the standard publisher model right?....


You do realize that making the game with the kind of scope and ambition he's claiming is impossible, right?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#1938 - 2015-02-25 00:48:30 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
You do realize that making the game with the kind of scope and ambition he's aiming for is impossible, while still using the standard publisher model right?....


You do realize that making the game with the kind of scope and ambition he's claiming is impossible, right?



this. ^

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

digitalwanderer
DW inc
#1939 - 2015-02-25 03:49:26 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
You do realize that making the game with the kind of scope and ambition he's aiming for is impossible, while still using the standard publisher model right?....


You do realize that making the game with the kind of scope and ambition he's claiming is impossible, right?




That's what was once said about making it to the moon before the end of the decade in the 1960's too....We know how that turned out don't we?


Blink
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#1940 - 2015-02-25 04:46:33 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
You do realize that making the game with the kind of scope and ambition he's aiming for is impossible, while still using the standard publisher model right?....


You do realize that making the game with the kind of scope and ambition he's claiming is impossible, right?




That's what was once said about making it to the moon before the end of the decade in the 1960's too....We know how that turned out don't we?


Blink



sure tons of failure before it was done, your point is what?

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.