These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Cyno icons

Author
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#21 - 2013-10-21 08:12:30 UTC
Two separate things that perform different-yet-similar functions should never share the same icon.

+1 for differentiation, variety, quality-of-life, ease-of-use and general common sense.
Camper101
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#22 - 2013-10-21 09:46:23 UTC
+1.

2013.03.01 13:30:58 notify For participating in the General Discussion Forum Section your trustworthiness has been adjusted by -2.5000.

My name is Hans. The "L" stands for danger.

Simc0m
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-10-21 18:52:13 UTC
+1 common sense idea
Trii Seo
I too am gay
#24 - 2013-10-24 14:15:51 UTC
Due to the lack of input and severe intake of terrible ideas, the Union of Ninjas has no choice but to post an ultimatum. A dev shall respond with a "yes! we'll do it! stop screaming already!" or "no! go away!"... or else we'll destroy a kitten.

With... A HERRING!

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

seth Hendar
I love you miners
#25 - 2013-10-24 14:33:11 UTC
+1 on this idea, a blueish layer over the regular cyno icon would do it, c'mon, cannot be that difficult
Trii Seo
I too am gay
#26 - 2013-10-30 00:57:24 UTC
Random cyno icon trivia:

Did you know that the icon is also shared by Command Processor I module?

Oh come on devs, it's not like you're not watching this forum. Or are you not watching? I mean, with ideas such as "MAKE HISEC SAFER" or "Make cloaks use fuel!" I'd have designated a team of completely blind cats to generate reports instead of watching.

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#27 - 2013-10-30 01:02:05 UTC
Lukas Rox wrote:
Even though it never happened to me to use the wrong cyno (I usually offline the one I don't intend to use if I have both fitted):

+1

It took 5 minutes to make this mockup:

http://pozniak.pl/wp/?attachment_id=7783

A completely revamped icon would be better, though.


The one of the far right...oh my god so much the one on the far right! Brings so much "Awww yisssss shizzzz just got real on ya" when you see that bad boy!

Hell I think I just got a stirring from that icon...want want want it now!

Oh and +1 OP and a few more sprinkled through-out.
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#28 - 2013-10-30 01:02:42 UTC
Trii Seo wrote:
Due to the lack of input and severe intake of terrible ideas, the Union of Ninjas has no choice but to post an ultimatum. A dev shall respond with a "yes! we'll do it! stop screaming already!" or "no! go away!"... or else we'll destroy a kitten.

With... A HERRING!


@OP: Hilarious, Forum comedy = best comedy! +1.
Thelonious Blake
Get A Life
#29 - 2013-10-30 14:07:53 UTC
BUMP! Cool ideas need to be seen.
Trii Seo
I too am gay
#30 - 2013-11-12 18:25:57 UTC
Despite our best efforts, we were unable to locate an appropriate kitten. Speculation as to CCP's involvement in securing kittens due to threats of violence will not be posted due to violations of non-rumourmongering rule of the forums but be assured we're speculating wildly.

In other news - bump! Seems Rubicon is probably gold already and they're getting ready to deploy it, but it'd be good to hear out a dev on that matter.

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#31 - 2013-11-14 17:25:43 UTC
Trii Seo wrote:
Despite our best efforts, we were unable to locate an appropriate kitten. Speculation as to CCP's involvement in securing kittens due to threats of violence will not be posted due to violations of non-rumourmongering rule of the forums but be assured we're speculating wildly.

In other news - bump! Seems Rubicon is probably gold already and they're getting ready to deploy it, but it'd be good to hear out a dev on that matter.


Dammit, was just popping back in here to see that icon again and give it a little nudge back to Page 1! CCP may just have a lot on there plate with certain other things...Blink
Trii Seo
I too am gay
#32 - 2013-11-30 12:54:59 UTC
Off to the front it goes!

I should probably attend one of those events with CCP on stage, then ask this question with a public audience. Or... maybe mail CSM?

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Trii Seo
I too am gay
#33 - 2013-12-23 03:23:46 UTC
Heyhey, it's been a while since I bounced this back to the frontpage and noope - not letting it go. I mean, they're talking Rubicon 1.1 already, and implementing a battleship - that's a major thing.

It needs a static render of said ship to be made into its icon so it shows up on killmails. It's actually more work than replacing the cyno icon, which would be kind of cool.

Not as cool as a new spaceship, but some people will probably end up hotdropping said spaceship with the use of a covert cyno so there's one more reason to do it.

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Viki Katana
Kusari Navy
Kusari State
#34 - 2013-12-23 05:55:20 UTC
Duh... Why hasn't this been implemented yet?

Maybe they got burnt out from creating mwd icons.
Trii Seo
I too am gay
#35 - 2014-01-22 07:39:54 UTC
My my, look at the time. It's patch o'clock!

So I'm bumping this, in hopes CCP realizes that this is probably even less effort than creating idiotic structures like ESS, but actually useful for certain players that use the module. And gives us, you know, at least one icon being tinted.

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#36 - 2014-01-22 15:23:37 UTC
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
Lukas Rox wrote:
Even though it never happened to me to use the wrong cyno (I usually offline the one I don't intend to use if I have both fitted):

+1

It took 5 minutes to make this mockup:

http://pozniak.pl/wp/?attachment_id=7783

A completely revamped icon would be better, though.


The one of the far right...oh my god so much the one on the far right! Brings so much "Awww yisssss shizzzz just got real on ya" when you see that bad boy!

Hell I think I just got a stirring from that icon...want want want it now!

Oh and +1 OP and a few more sprinkled through-out.


QFT!
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#37 - 2014-01-22 17:55:19 UTC
+1 for common sense

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Dolorous Tremmens
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2014-01-22 18:02:29 UTC
Totally OP and game breaking, makes no sense at all, too complex, the servers can't handle it, screw new icons, rebalance the old ones, etc... Git off my lawn.

Now that that's over

This is a sensible idea, very small and easily enacted, and a good start to having more icons. No sarcasm, and +1

Get some Eve. Make it yours.

Trii Seo
I too am gay
#39 - 2014-01-22 18:52:05 UTC
Well, following the age-old tradition of being bad at EVE - and by extension, its forums - I managed to link the wrong thread in Assembly Hall in the OP. And it kind of stayed there.

Fixed it now.

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#40 - 2014-02-11 21:49:55 UTC
Very sensible idea and highly entertaining thread Big smile

+1
Previous page123Next page