These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

[Movies] The MD revival thread **Don't be shy, come in**

First post
Author
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#21 - 2013-07-15 21:55:19 UTC
ISD Cura Ursus wrote:
This thread was moved to OOPE.

well you done did it! you happy?

I should buy an Ishtar.

arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#22 - 2013-07-15 21:59:50 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
ISD Cura Ursus wrote:
This thread was moved to OOPE.

well you done did it! you happy?

yeah...

Troll for hire. Cheap prices.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#23 - 2013-07-16 17:03:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
For a low tech financial market scam story, one of the Conte of Monte Cristo movies might be good. I've never seen any of them though, or read the book. Just read the Classic Comics version. Smile Great story.

V for Vendetta - the ultimate anti-corporate movie
The Silver Bears - old 80s movie about cornering the silver market. Didn't see that one either though.
Capitalism: a Love Story - I love Michael Moore. He occasionally presents a seriously non sequitur false conclusion. But he's good picking up rocks and exposing the slimy wriggly things.

Books:
Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less by Jeffrey Archer - cult classic about an elaborate financial revenge scheme.
King Rat by James Clavell - Amazing entrepreneur in Japanese POW camp. Makes you want to trade.
Tai Pan by James Clavell - British Hongkong traders. Another one that makes you want to trade-- now!
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#24 - 2013-07-16 17:09:42 UTC
Blood Diamonds

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Jill Xelitras
Xeltec services
#25 - 2013-07-18 15:49:18 UTC
Hello MD denizens,

don't be afraid of POOP (permanently out of pod).

We can discuss market related stuff in here without Akita T hijacking the thread and correcting everyone.

... also, isn't every movie about money somehow ? Like in Titanic: They invent a bogus story to make more money. That's pretty much economic reasoning there. Still waiting on Titanic 2 and 3.

Don't anger the forum gods.

ISD Buldath:

> I Saw, I came, I Frowned, I locked, I posted, and I left.

Previous page12