These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM Guest Blog: "Reasonable Things" Crowdsourcing

First post First post
Author
Roguebullit
Doomheim
#1161 - 2013-07-24 09:48:40 UTC
Suggestion: Allow for the HUD to be moved anywhere on the screen. Not just left,right or, top, bottom.
Keyword: UI, HUD

Suggestion: Allow for multiple chat windows within one box to be moved around within that box and stay there on log out. Not reset to default every log out/log in.
Keyword: UI, Chat

Suggestion: Allow for radial menu to be completely turned off if desired.
Keyword: UI, Radial Menu

Suggestion: Increase Overview tab numbers from 5. (Already on list I believe)
Keyword: UI, Overview

"South of heaven, west of hell"

Skia Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#1162 - 2013-07-24 10:22:21 UTC
Suggestion: Allow for POS fuel optimization
Keywords: POS, industry
Note: Heavy water (HW) and Liquid Ozone (LO) used to be consumed based on CPU and PG usage, need to revive this feature. Proposed mechanics - Control Tower consumes fuel blocks as usual, but spits out excess HW and LO into a special bay ("economizer"). A small but interesting feature, rewards wiser POS fitting, stimulates industry in nullsec and WH (to recycle those HW and LO).
Haracoth
Vemork Industries
Tactical Narcotics Team
#1163 - 2013-07-24 13:27:57 UTC
Suggestion: Reduce compression time for ice
Keywords: Rorqual, mining, ice
T1nyMan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1164 - 2013-07-24 13:33:37 UTC
Suggestion: Add auto resume for pause on skill queue on character with most skill points after a set period or next down time
Keywords: skill queue
Note: there is no known reason why someone would leave their skill queue paused intentionally, I lost 5 days because apply nerve applied
Rhasta Farai
The New Hope
#1165 - 2013-07-24 14:28:18 UTC
Suggestion: Please, make it possible to stack the same BPO/BPC with an identical parameters (ME, PE etc.)
Keywords: GUI, Inventory
Notes: It can improve usability of Inventory a little bit
Photon Ceray
Palmyra Universal Enterprise
#1166 - 2013-07-24 15:35:37 UTC
Suggestion: make a new view possibility for market called list, in which only the names of objects in that category and their price are listed.
This is very useful for those who want to update market prices without having to click on each material individually. the group option half does the job because one has to scroll through the long list with all the description that isn't needed for the quick update.

Keywords: market, interface, usability, list, prices, categories
Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
#1167 - 2013-07-24 16:07:40 UTC
Suggestion: Create a 'Support Tug Class' of ships that can move fitted Battleships etc in hisec

Keywords:Ship balancing

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Valterra Craven
#1168 - 2013-07-24 16:26:02 UTC
Suggestion: Allow accounts to have a "Free to Play" mode
Keywords: FTP, Trial, Accounts
Note: This would not be the traditional FTP like in Lord of the Rings where the model is to get people to buy game changing items. Simply put, the free to play mode would allow you to log in and play the game, but your account can not accrue skill points. Some other limitations could be put in place as well, like not being able to part of an alliance or player corps, etc.
Uther Penfaxe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1169 - 2013-07-24 16:28:58 UTC
Suggestion: Make Contacts exportable / importable and / or implement a feature for (automatic) Synchronization of Contacts between Characters / Accounts.

Keywords: UI
Molic Blackbird
Orion Faction Industries
Orion Consortium
#1170 - 2013-07-24 17:10:50 UTC
Suggestion: Make the contract button on the Neocom continue to flash when a new contract comes in.
Keywords: Contracts, UI

Note: Prior to the new Neocom, the contract button would flash continually until action was taken on it. Now, the contract button will flash for 5 seconds then stop. It is very easy to miss the flashing in those 5 seconds.

Suggestion: Move 'Copy Contract' from the right click menu to a button on the contract
Keywords: Contracts, UI

Note: Many people aren't even aware that the copy contract feature exists. Moving it from the right click menu to a button on the contract will help increase exposure to the feature plus reduce one mouse click when using the copy contract feature.

Valterra Craven
#1171 - 2013-07-24 18:04:13 UTC
Suggestion: Show player names behind Market Buy and Sell orders
Keywords: Market
Freighdee Katt
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1172 - 2013-07-24 18:43:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Freighdee Katt
Suggestion: Remove "apply" and "pause" features from skill queue
Keywords: Skills, SP, Learning, Training, Skill Queue

When a skill is queued, train it. When something needs to "pause" the queue (clone jumping) just pause it. When the need for "pausing" is over, automatically "resume" and start training again. Do all of this automatically and transparently. Stop making us go fifty different places and push a bunch of different buttons just to do one simple thing. And remove the possibility for costly user error like forgetting to hit "apply."

As a side note, to illustrate one reason for this change: "Dual training" is currently broken in a subtle but major way, and this brokenness can cause serious problems if you are away when it ends. Even if you have only one character training (all others have empty queues), "dual training" will still pause all characters on the account except the one with the highest SP, when the dual time runs out. This happens even if there is only one character with any skills training, and it's not the highest SP character. This can (and did, in my case) cause days of lost SP, when a character's queue is automagically paused for no reason, even though it was the only character with a skill queued up at the time dual training ended. Automatic resume (i.e., always on training, with out any "pause" or "resume" at all), would have prevented this problem.

Where there is any conflict between characters, such as two having skills queued up at once, it can be resolved with the existing mechanic that is built in to accomodate dual training; the highest SP character wins, and will continue training until its skill queue runs dry (if ever). And when that happens, then the next highest SP character on the account will automatically "resume" training, if it has anything queued up.

EvE is supposed to suck.  Wait . . . what was the question?

Sluvia Doktrob
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1173 - 2013-07-24 19:21:47 UTC
Suggestion: Increase the number of Corp bookmarks. Even a small corp will fill up 250 bookmarks if they're active.

Suggestion: +1 to the previous suggestion of Alliance bookmarks.

Suggestion: Add folders or other means or organizing personal bookmarks. Perhaps this exists and I just didn't notice?

Tags: Bookmarks

Suggestion: Allow us to take special actions on items in containers when in station, such as 'repackage' and 'contract'. It's annoying to drag things into the main items hanger to repackage, then drag them back into sorted containers.

Suggestion: Hide assembled containers from the station Item hanger and ship hold so I don't accidentally select them when using select-all in the main hold/hanger.

Tags: Hanger

Suggestion: Add a discounted subscription option for *just* training skill queues. Talking to someone considering quitting and/or taking a break, this will keep them subbed and increase the chances of them coming back. Full time players will also use it for alts.

Tags: Subscription
Ugleb
Jotunn Risi
#1174 - 2013-07-24 21:02:50 UTC
Suggestion: The planets list for switching between colonies takes up a lot of screen space, give me a more compact alternative.
Keywords: UI, PI

http://uglebsjournal.wordpress.com/

The Jotunn Risi are now recruiting, Brutor ancestry required in order to best represent the Brutor interest.  Join channel JORIS to learn more!

Ugleb
Jotunn Risi
#1175 - 2013-07-24 21:13:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Ugleb
Suggestion: Show the materials used to produce a PI input product directly on the production info tab.
Keywords: UI, PI

Notes: The Consumer electronics Production Info tab says that Consumer Electronics is produced by the Consumer electronics schematic. Which is pretty obvious. But it does not say what materials are actually required (Toxic metals & Chiral Structures), although there is plenty of space to do this.

http://uglebsjournal.wordpress.com/

The Jotunn Risi are now recruiting, Brutor ancestry required in order to best represent the Brutor interest.  Join channel JORIS to learn more!

Dieter Rams
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1176 - 2013-07-24 21:59:19 UTC
Suggestion: Please improve the corporation and alliance edit details window, corporation and alliance edit details window cannot be resized and is modal, please modernize it and make it usable.

Keywords: UI, Corp, Alliance

Dieter Rams
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1177 - 2013-07-24 21:59:53 UTC
Suggestion: Improve clouds by removing them.

Keywords: Performance.
Dieter Rams
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1178 - 2013-07-24 22:00:29 UTC
Suggestion: Channel configuration windows should remember position and size, right now they don't which is incongruent with the behavior of other windows e.g. inventory windows.

Keywords: UI.
Dieter Rams
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1179 - 2013-07-24 22:03:04 UTC
Suggestion: Simplify naming of stuff to make it less cluttered, example: "Limited 'Anointed' EM Ward Field" when all the others are "Limited Thermic Dissipation Field I", "Limited Kinetic Deflection Field I", "Limited Explosive Deflection Field I".

Keywords: Realism my ass.
Dieter Rams
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1180 - 2013-07-24 22:05:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Dieter Rams
Suggestion: Fix window snapping in top left corner, currently it is impossible to make it flush with the screen border: https://bugs.eveonline.com/files/6771216142521.jpg

Keywords: UI.