These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM Guest Blog: "Reasonable Things" Crowdsourcing

First post First post
Author
Buddah Jouhinen
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#621 - 2013-07-14 08:30:32 UTC
Suggestion: consider ore and materials not in pieces but in cubic meters
Keywords: Mining, Market, UI
Note: simplification of trade and mining
The Legendary Soldier
United.
#622 - 2013-07-14 08:53:24 UTC
Ila Gant wrote:
BeanBagKing wrote:
--------------Provide a counter to cloaking/cloaked ships

---------- cloaking, fleets, balance

Note: I believe cloaking is one of the few things in this game that doesn't have a proper counter and that gameplay could be expanded/improved if one were provided. I don't believe this necessarily requires a change to the cloaking device itself (eg requiring fuel/capacitor), for example, see my suggestion here. However, I'm open to any ideas provided by more experienced game developers/designers. Some other popular ones I've seen include POS mods that would provide a system scan, or "depth charges" from a new module.

There is an absolute counter to cloaking that works every time it is employed: proximity.

Not to mention the fact that cloaked ships cannot fire weapons, and the ones that can warp cloaked have very little tank / fire power...

Need to place a high-sec POS? Premade corps for sale, or your corps standings boosted. Trading since January 2012. Many corps sold/boosted - see my thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=63128&find=unread

Lei Merdeau
Hidden Agenda
Deep Space Engineering
#623 - 2013-07-14 10:05:33 UTC
Suggestion: Improve mining drone controls

Keywords: Mining drones, UI

Make the Engage shortcut work for mining drones - if valid target then go to work. It already works for Salvage drones!

Replace the 2 menu items "Mine" and "Mine Repeatedly" with 1 item "Engage(Mine)" which acts as Mine Repeatedly.

BEPOHNKA
Ner Vod Fleet Systems
Goonswarm Federation
#624 - 2013-07-14 10:15:45 UTC  |  Edited by: BEPOHNKA
Keywords: Capitals, Re-balance?

Would like to add them do a bit more and maybe add a bit more to them? Give them a reason to be in big gangs? not a solo idea?
Gr1msy
Exotic Dancers Appreciation Club
#625 - 2013-07-14 10:26:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Gr1msy
Suggestion: Make T2s more viable
Keywords: T2 modules, re-balance
Notes: Currently, we have a bunch of T2 modules (like MWDs, ABs, ECM), that do nothing but filling the market. Their meta4 counterparts are as much effective, but require less cap, grid and CPU. CCP did a great job last year, making T2 armor plates (which had the same issue before) more viable, so, I guess, the time has come to have a look at other mods, having the same problem.

Suggestion: add the in-game ability to search within containers. Turn containers into expandable sub-menus in Assets window.
Keywords: UI
Sarmatiko
#626 - 2013-07-14 10:47:34 UTC
Suggestion: Improvements to chat channel management system (ban list search / sorting)
Note: anyone who ever managed popular chat channels with 200+ players knows how primitive current lists of blocked/muted users are. You need 5-10 seconds only to load huge list of blocked users. There is no search field and operator must scroll down the list manually to lift the ban. Sorting by "block date"/ "block active until"/ "operator name" also good things to have.
Chitsa Jason
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#627 - 2013-07-14 11:15:40 UTC
Suggestion: Dim character portrait or otherwise indicate that person has been AFK for a while.
Keywords: AFK, UI, chat

Burn the land and boil the sea You can't take the sky from me

Gema Utrigas
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#628 - 2013-07-14 11:27:09 UTC
Suggestion: Don't allow the user to do something in the UI then be told immediately they cannot perform the action. Eg deleting more than 100 eve mail notifications, adding more then 5 overview tabs.
Vad Olacar
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#629 - 2013-07-14 11:30:36 UTC
Suggestion: include possibility to run 2 or more overview windows
Keywords: overview
Note: this suggestion takes navigation on battlefield or scouting easier.

Suggestion: add overview sort ally/enemy and possibility to sort for few parametres
Keywords: overview

suggestion: move fleet commands in chat from bottom to top over all chat windows
keywords: chat

suggestion: add possibility to color your nickname in chat
keywords: chat

Suggestion: add oportunity for secondary standart orbit by another button
Keywords: battle, UI
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#630 - 2013-07-14 11:43:39 UTC
Suggestion: apply overview tags (e.g. outlaw, suspect, has bounty) to people in the "local" chat channel.
Keyword: UI, chat
Note: currently i think some display and some don't. Having to right click and show info on someone to see if there a criminal does not make for challenging gameplay, it's just an inconvenience.
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#631 - 2013-07-14 12:01:39 UTC
Suggestion: Display the remaining time for the after-jump cloaking as a Crimewath timer.
Keyword: UI, Crimewatch

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Skyver
Ares' Legion
Get Off My Lawn
#632 - 2013-07-14 14:01:48 UTC
Suggestion: Allow to remotely view and link ship fittings.
Keyword:UI
Alexander the Great
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#633 - 2013-07-14 14:12:52 UTC
Suggestion: make default values for buy/sell orders reasonable (like minimum buy order in current station + 0.01 isk) instead of some average that nobody cares about
Keywords: market, UI
Galen Achu
Bellerophon Expedition
#634 - 2013-07-14 14:41:30 UTC
Suggestion: Add Alliance fittings folder to the fittings window.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#635 - 2013-07-14 15:19:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Harvey James
Suggestion: Improve active armour tanking
Keyword: Modules
Note: Armour tanking is too weak, ASB's are dominant. to fix armour tanking the emphasis less but more often should be the theme so :- reduce cycle time and cap usage significantly. let nanite skills affect AAR's and use a inject system rather than massive reload time which is inconsistent with an active armour approach and nanite paste as an ammo being microscopic.

Inject system - when nanite paste runs out the 75% reps start until you inject more nanite paste 10 second delay until you can rep using nanites again to rep at full amount.
Also remove the 1 AAR per ship limit

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Strange Shadow
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#636 - 2013-07-14 15:19:45 UTC
Suggestion: Make a slider for D-scan range. Make both angle and range sliders of D-scanner adjustable by mouse wheel.
Soko99
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#637 - 2013-07-14 15:37:47 UTC
Tjorven Einherjar Valkyrja wrote:
Suggestion: Implement a visual cue (such as a circle) for using the Directional Scanner

Keyword: Directional, Scanner, UI, Tactical, Overlay, D Scan

Note: Current system is not user friendly in the fact it take much practise to get an idea what is the area of space the D-scan is actually scanning towards. Could be coupled with the Tactical Overlay or the Scanning Overlay using 360 degree markers. Using your own ship or in-space objects are helpful, but not so much when probing down something/someone in a mission area, especially when chasing someone quickly.

Press F11 and you can see that..
Bashfulmerc
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#638 - 2013-07-14 17:31:21 UTC

Suggestion: Display the entire set of effects in use from all relevant trained skills and all active mods.
Keywords: user interface, weapons, active effect summary.
Being able to know what the effects of what has been learned and what all active mods are contributing to ship performance.
This might also direct areas of possible change to boost these performance needs.

Thanks,

Bashfulmerc
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#639 - 2013-07-14 18:17:56 UTC
Suggestion: Some sig radius reducing skills
Keyword: Skills

Note: 2 new skills 1 for MWD's to reduce sig radius penalty by 5% per level and 1 for shield extender penalty reduction 5% per level

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#640 - 2013-07-14 18:23:25 UTC
Suggestion: Make Attack Battlecruisers T2
Keyword: Ships
Note: These ships are clearly a specialization and as such should be T2