These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Macintosh

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

New Launcher

First post First post
Author
Lixia Saran
Perkone
Caldari State
#41 - 2013-07-20 08:59:02 UTC
When can we expect the launcher to be compatible with retina displays? Right now it looks terribly pixelated.
CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#42 - 2013-07-20 15:40:20 UTC
Lixia Saran wrote:
When can we expect the launcher to be compatible with retina displays? Right now it looks terribly pixelated.

I don't know. I don't know if the UI framework we're using has any support for Retina displays.
Raphael Morgenstern
Tech-5-Inc.
#43 - 2013-07-21 12:11:47 UTC
Having problems getting EVE client to open. Downloaded client and installed. The updater updated the Launcher automatically. Have just tried to open EVE but get the following pop-up:

EVE Online Error
(there are then two options - Console or Terminate, and as Console provides no information for today's date, Terminate is the only option)

Can anyone help?
Emesine
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry.
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#44 - 2013-07-22 03:03:29 UTC
Raphael Morgenstern wrote:
Having problems getting EVE client to open. Downloaded client and installed. The updater updated the Launcher automatically. Have just tried to open EVE but get the following pop-up:

EVE Online Error
(there are then two options - Console or Terminate, and as Console provides no information for today's date, Terminate is the only option)

Can anyone help?

Same problem here for the past two weeks. I'm not getting much response on this issue.
Lixia Saran
Perkone
Caldari State
#45 - 2013-07-22 17:43:03 UTC
CCP Atropos wrote:
Lixia Saran wrote:

I don't know. I don't know if the UI framework we're using has any support for Retina displays.

The worst offenders are actually the fonts and core osx ui elements. I'm not a programmer so I won't attempt to propose something that probably will end up being nonsense, but it'll be nice if it could be looked at for a future launcher update.
Sick Boy
Original Sinners
Pandemic Legion
#46 - 2013-07-23 13:02:35 UTC
The new launcher must have a limit as to the number of account names it can hold. I didnt count but I cant get all my account names to save. Please tell me you can fix this?
CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#47 - 2013-07-23 13:54:14 UTC
Emesine wrote:

EVE Online Error

Can anyone help?

Same problem here for the past two weeks. I'm not getting much response on this issue.

I replied to you saying that you're running a version of OSX that's unsupported. Since other people have reported an issue with that version (10.5.8) and we don't support it, your best bet would be to update your OSX.
Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#48 - 2013-07-23 15:46:38 UTC
The launcher's working well for me now. It remembers all three account names, which is nice.

I will still kiss the dev who maps the PLAY button to the enter key-- unless that's delaying implementation, in which case I won't. P

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Tiger Bite
Data Sheets
#49 - 2013-08-20 17:00:52 UTC
CCP Atropos,
GM Karidor,

You got the Launcher working ok, on SiSi pre 1.1, in the sense that, It would stay active on Mac after hitting play button.
Now that SiSi 1.1 is out there are major issues which are supposedly being addressed by "CCP Gangleri" using a work around the launcher failing to upgrade, Miserably.

Just wondering if your teams are working together.

See: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=268553&find=unread

Also, is this Thread a break from: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=230690&find=unread

If so they should be merged.

Regards,
Tiger Bite
Kira Dawn
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2013-11-14 07:54:31 UTC

EVE Online Error

Can anyone help?

I know that they said that the older version of mac are not supported. I was getting this exact same problem..

I fixed it by upgrading my python to current (default mac ships with 2.5.1 current is 3.4)

After I upgraded it I had to adjust my "PATH" environment variable, and then I ran the client form 'open -a EVE Online.app" and it now works.

Again.. This is "DO at your own risk" and not likely supported... but Wanted to post how I got it to work on my Mac OSX 5.8
Previous page123