These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Highsec a$$wipe

Author
IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#61 - 2013-08-29 02:36:12 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
IIshira wrote:
Dorrann wrote:

For all EVE is a sandbox which is supposed to allow people to play in whatever way they choose to, there is no area of that box that allows people who choose not to take part in this kind of behaviour themselves to not be vulnerable to it.

This does bring up an interesting topic....

Some MMO's have PVP free zones or even whole realms (servers) that are PVP free. Since the entire concept of Eve is based on PVP I don't see an additional PVP free server working.

I'm not sure how they would make a PVP free zone work. It would be interesting though.

There is a PvP free zone, it's called the test server, no PvP does come at a cost though, no access to the TQ market, no transfers of isk, periodic resets and the builds are, by the nature of the server, tests.

Most of the no PvP in highsec brigade want the best of both worlds, access to a very dynamic, player driven, unregulated market, without the risk.

As much as I love the test server it isn't really a PVP free zone or realm. It's just a server to test ship fits and tactics.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#62 - 2013-08-29 02:48:29 UTC
Did you consider challenging your new-found hate magnet to a CONCORD-sanctioned dual using the in-game dual interface?

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2013-08-29 03:09:20 UTC
I found a pic of the op!Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#64 - 2013-08-29 04:42:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Shederov Blood
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Matt Grav wrote:
Last time I tried this, all of the ships I destroyed dropped yellow wrecks and loot.

So in some sense they are the mission runners no matter who shoots them. Didn't stop me stealing the contents though.
:-)

I believe, although I could be wrong, that whoever gets the last shot or most damage (it's one of the two anyway) has "ownership" of the wreck and loot, but not the salvage.
Bounties go to the "final blow."
The owner of the mission always gets "ownership" of the wrecks and loot regardless of who shoots them.
Whoever gets the first successful salvage cycle owns the salvage.

Who put the goat in there?

lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#65 - 2013-08-29 10:24:03 UTC
LordNykkon wrote:
I am not wining

It's spelt winning, and nope, you're right you are indeed not winning

You are however, losing and whining.