These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Highsec a$$wipe

Author
Dorrann
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2013-08-21 13:21:56 UTC
OP, honestly, posting this anywhere on the EVE forums is a total waste of your time. You will almost never find anyone bothering to post support for your point of view because the vast majority of regular posters on these forums would do exactly the same as drdready.

EVEs rules allow it therefore you are in the wrong for not welcoming this behaviour with open arms..... that and near limitless insults about your manhood are all you will find here.

For all EVE is a sandbox which is supposed to allow people to play in whatever way they choose to, there is no area of that box that allows people who choose not to take part in this kind of behaviour themselves to not be vulnerable to it.

Part of the game.

This guy was trying to bait you into reacting. Well done for not shooting at him, but you blew that success away by posting a complaint about the incident.

You dont have to like it, but do yourself a favour and dont bother voicing an objection on these forums, the majority of the posters will ridicule you or argue with you about it just for the sake of doing so.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#42 - 2013-08-21 21:28:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Dorrann wrote:

For all EVE is a sandbox which is supposed to allow people to play in whatever way they choose to, there is no area of that box that allows people who choose not to take part in this kind of behaviour themselves to not be vulnerable to it.

Sandbox means that you can attempt to play in any way you want to, it also means that others can try and stop you from doing so, because that's the way they want to play.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

drdready
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#43 - 2013-08-21 23:07:32 UTC
I am so, so, so upset and had to cry. Mummy cuddled me because I just didn't understand why Lord Nikkon was sooooooo mean to me.......... mummy told me it is just a game and that I should just put my hurt away in nikkon's ass BlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlink
Impreza Yatolila
Episteme.
#44 - 2013-08-22 03:14:07 UTC
I agree with the many people here saying the ships were not anyones. If you are so upset, extract revenge...kill "his" ships. It's a sandbox and this didn't breach any rules so I'm pretty sure every one is going to say this.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#45 - 2013-08-22 03:55:44 UTC
I wonder what Chribba thinks about this.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#46 - 2013-08-22 10:08:21 UTC
Welcome to EVE bro, there's no instances and those rats weren't yours

hope this helps
Matt Grav
Wrath of the Pea
#47 - 2013-08-23 12:16:56 UTC
Last time I tried this, all of the ships I destroyed dropped yellow wrecks and loot.

So in some sense they are the mission runners no matter who shoots them. Didn't stop me stealing the contents though.
:-)
Gaidin Hollow
State War Academy
Caldari State
#48 - 2013-08-24 12:25:17 UTC
LordNykkon wrote:

Now, I am all for Pirates making a living by holding stuff for ransom, or scamming people or even killing miners that are dumb enough to flip a can or fire on them, but this was flat out stealing with no possible recourse. Is there anything that we can do to deter this type of behavior? You get a suspect flag for stealing from another player's wreck, but not for killing their mission NPC's and, in essence stealing their bounty, loot and salvage. This seems like a flaw in the Crimewatch system.

If you playing Eve and expect things such as honor, respect or a fair and just system, then you are playing the wrong game. If you came to crime and punishment and expect this peanut gallery to care, then your in the wrong forum. Trust me here the victim is always at fault and the rapist is just doing what he wants.

These people have nothing better to do, but to laugh and enjoy your mission molestation. They have no balls in the real world to commit real crime but is OK in a game right! Morality for them is a pretense for dutchbagness, humanitarianism is a lost cause on these fools and they need a good cleaning because their filth is rotting them on the inside. But they just don't know or can't smell their own decaying genitally.

Charity and honor is not for monkeys and the sad part they don't know, it was given to them at one point or another.

Let the dead bury their dead.

In hindsight - minus poetry You could have looted one of his cans and then PvP him, but he more in-likely had something up his sleeve.

Donovan Draknevov
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2013-08-26 04:08:26 UTC
Gaidin Hollow wrote:

If you playing Eve and expect things such as honor, respect or a fair and just system, then you are playing the wrong game. If you came to crime and punishment and expect this peanut gallery to care, then your in the wrong forum. Trust me here the victim is always at fault and the rapist is just doing what he wants.

These people have nothing better to do, but to laugh and enjoy your mission molestation. They have no balls in the real world to commit real crime but is OK in a game right! Morality for them is a pretense for dutchbagness, humanitarianism is a lost cause on these fools and they need a good cleaning because their filth is rotting them on the inside. But they just don't know or can't smell their own decaying genitally.

Look out guys, we've got a space knight over here!

It's Crime and Punishment, not 'complain about game mechanics'. The OP was upset because someone used the game mechanics to mess with what they thought the game was, thus challenging their view of the game. I'm no fan of ninja-salvaging or, in this case, ninja-missioning, but it happens because in a game like this, where you can decide how you want to play it, there will always be those who enjoy messing with others, just like there are always those who act within the confines of the law in real life, but try to get a rise out of others to cause them to break the law. (Wow, love run-on sentences Shocked )

You are correct at a point, though. In Eve, you cannot expect honor, respect, or 'fair'. You've got to work for it. Become well known as someone who teaches others how to understand the aspects of the game via trials by fire, and you'll be honored (maybe not immediately, but eventually). Corner the market on materials others often need like POS fuel, especially during an Ice Interdiction, and you'll be respected. But never expect fairness, because nothing, not even real life, is fair.

Trust in the Rust

Jonah Gravenstein
#50 - 2013-08-27 03:31:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Matt Grav wrote:
Last time I tried this, all of the ships I destroyed dropped yellow wrecks and loot.

So in some sense they are the mission runners no matter who shoots them. Didn't stop me stealing the contents though.
:-)

I believe, although I could be wrong, that whoever gets the last shot or most damage (it's one of the two anyway) has "ownership" of the wreck and loot, but not the salvage.

Gaidin Hollow wrote wrote:

Committing a crime in the real world has a very real effect on the victims, it's also socially unacceptable. Committing a virtual crime in a virtual world does not, and in a game that is promoted as a dark, cold harsh universe it is valid and legitimate gameplay. If you can't tell the difference between a real crime in the real world and a virtual crime in a virtual world, then I suggest you seek help.

Dutchbag? Is that a bag filled with a much maligned, mildly narcotic plant based substance?

edit- Apologies Donovan, fixed

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#51 - 2013-08-27 04:16:50 UTC
I just wanna say,,,, something.

no more games... it's real this time!!!

Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2013-08-27 05:57:25 UTC
Thank you for those helpful words, Vegas.
Donovan Draknevov
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2013-08-28 20:47:00 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Donovan Draknevov wrote:

Committing a crime in the real world has a very real effect on the victims, it's also socially unacceptable. Committing a virtual crime in a virtual world does not, and in a game that is promoted as a dark, cold harsh universe it is valid and legitimate gameplay. If you can't tell the difference between a real crime in the real world and a virtual crime in a virtual world, then I suggest you seek help.

Dutchbag? Is that a bag filled with a much maligned, mildly narcotic plant based substance?

Psst, you quoted me as the guy I quoted :P . Fixed:

Gaidin Hollow wrote:

Trust in the Rust

Antony E Stark
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#54 - 2013-08-28 21:37:17 UTC
Wait... Is this still going on?
Anyway, after reading I've decided I'm going to live a good and moral eve life and join the sisters of eve. That and they must all be gagging for it.... Well, one step at a time okay.
Donovan Draknevov
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2013-08-29 01:32:34 UTC
Antony E Stark wrote:
Wait... Is this still going on?
Anyway, after reading I've decided I'm going to live a good and moral eve life and join the sisters of eve. That and they must all be gagging for it.... Well, one step at a time okay.

You could be a Flying Nun!

Trust in the Rust

Motoko Kasaki
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#56 - 2013-08-29 01:45:46 UTC
Allow me to join the choir of voices crying 'welcome to eve'.
Irony was never one of my strong points.

Glory to the State.

Jonah Gravenstein
#57 - 2013-08-29 02:07:54 UTC
Donovan Draknevov wrote:

Psst, you quoted me as the guy I quoted :P . Fixed:
ooops, fixed the original Oops

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#58 - 2013-08-29 02:26:59 UTC
Dorrann wrote:

This does bring up an interesting topic....

Some MMO's have PVP free zones or even whole realms (servers) that are PVP free. Since the entire concept of Eve is based on PVP I don't see an additional PVP free server working.

I'm not sure how they would make a PVP free zone work. It would be interesting though.
Jonah Gravenstein
#59 - 2013-08-29 02:31:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
IIshira wrote:
Dorrann wrote:

This does bring up an interesting topic....

Some MMO's have PVP free zones or even whole realms (servers) that are PVP free. Since the entire concept of Eve is based on PVP I don't see an additional PVP free server working.

I'm not sure how they would make a PVP free zone work. It would be interesting though.

There is a PvP free zone, it's called the test server, no PvP does come at a cost though, no access to the TQ market, no transfers of isk, periodic resets and the builds are, by the nature of the server, tests.

Most of the no PvP in highsec brigade want the best of both worlds, access to a very dynamic, player driven, unregulated market, without the risk.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#60 - 2013-08-29 02:33:05 UTC
Brink Albosa wrote:
Smile

Reminds me of when I was a young capsuleer in Frarn, Emogranlan or Dodixie. Couldn't tell you all the rage mails, spam fleet invites and private convos I'd get after or during ninja salvaging their loot. Twisted They'd get extra bent out of shape when I reply with an invoice for a convenience fee about some bullshit concerning space/environment pollution. Big smile

I love those ninja salvage 'space pollution' tearmails.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com