These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP SERVER ENGINEERS ARE IN TEST

First post
Author
Arch Ville
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#381 - 2013-07-04 23:38:00 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:

We want to give you the servers, tools and environment to create and enjoy such epic moments to its fullest extend, that is what our dream and passion is about - destroying such battles just to influence the course of the in-game actions, however, is not what we do.


Forget about it everyone makes mistakes.

UclanChar
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#382 - 2013-07-04 23:38:07 UTC
It saddens me to see such mindless trolling taking place.

Like CCP care about which alliance wins what fight. Seriously guys, have a word with yourselves.

People overlooking the astounding technical feat of having over 2,000 active connections to the node and the fact they were taking measures to *increase* that number for the greater enjoyment of everyone involved.

Yeah, someone made a mistake. That guy probably doesn't even need to be punished because he is probably going to kick himself for weeks (and be the butt of office jokes for months!). When you take pride in your work mistakes don't need to be punished because you punish yourself.

Perhaps something good will come of this. Maybe an automated system to do what that engineer was attempting to do. Look to the future and think of the positive things this could create.

UC.
Ayures
Perkone
Caldari State
#383 - 2013-07-04 23:38:10 UTC
Space Juden wrote:
Now you guys can have more battles, you should be happy.


True enough. The CFC is going to desperately need all those megas that the node crashed saved.
Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#384 - 2013-07-04 23:38:11 UTC
Ayures wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Good god this thread is an embarrassment.


u mad?


no

u literate?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#385 - 2013-07-04 23:38:17 UTC
Cor Six wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
digi wrote:
I really wish you guys would get it together. It truly WAS epic and you ruined it.
We are painfully aware of this and believe me: it hurts to see such epic battles, which are not found anywhere else in the whole gaming industry, being cut off like this.

We want to give you the servers, tools and environment to create and enjoy such epic moments to its fullest extend, that is what our dream and passion is about - destroying such battles just to influence the course of the in-game actions, however, is not what we do.

Stop trying to tinfoil. Fire the dude that ****** up. Give us the 110 carrier kills and the supers that it whould prob escalate in to.

CCP Dolan is prob involved here somewere to save his "test bros"

Not happening.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ayures
Perkone
Caldari State
#386 - 2013-07-04 23:38:22 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Ayures wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Good god this thread is an embarrassment.


u mad?


no

u literate?


c
Prop Wash
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#387 - 2013-07-04 23:38:25 UTC
Ban Bindy wrote:
Zagdul wrote:
Draghkar wrote:
https://twitter.com/erlendur/status/352923608315736065

Human error guys, honest mistake that saved an entire cap fleet.


Oh, well. When you put it like that. I guess everything is alright.

...

Not to mention the people who have been watching this war. This isn't a win for either side.

...

I feel robbed.



This is a win for anybody who hates Goonswarm. Guess how many people that is?

You feel robbed? Terrific, given the fact that your alliance has stolen more isk from players I know than anybody else in Eve.

This here is what you call "Taking away their fun," big time. Could not be happier.

This, on the other hand, made my morning. Thanks dude!
Ganon Kogamari
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#388 - 2013-07-04 23:38:30 UTC
Needmore Longcat wrote:
Dheeradj Nurgle wrote:
CFC Capital fleet gets saved by a boo boo 3 or 4 times, TEST grumbles and gets on with their lives.

TEST Capital fleet gets saved by a boo boo, and the SA Furries and their pets go on a Posting CTA.





Haha, this.
Jasmine Assasin
The Holy Rollers
#389 - 2013-07-04 23:38:30 UTC
Goon tears are delicious.


Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#390 - 2013-07-04 23:38:32 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Ayures wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Good god this thread is an embarrassment.

u mad?

no

u literate?

u posting?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Needmore Longcat
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#391 - 2013-07-04 23:38:32 UTC
Hawkspur Firestarter wrote:
Where was the Test threadnaught about CFC dreads being saved several times? Pretty sure no one was screaming CCP collusion and other ******** tinfoilery in such vast quantity.

why you haff to be mad?


because goons have turned into the pubbies they once decried. they sound like whiny highsec miners now.
Dheeradj Nurgle
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#392 - 2013-07-04 23:38:47 UTC
Hey CCP, We'll gladly take these losses, as long as you also remove the losses the CFC Capital Fleets should have takes the last 3-4 times the server took a boo boo.

I like these SA Furry tears.
Thedaius
Repercussus
Forsaken Empire.
#393 - 2013-07-04 23:38:49 UTC
Hey CFC Bro's: Stop Whining like bitches.... There is more work to do and TEST has ****** up more than once in the past.... We'll get those Capitals eventually!!!!

TEST; nice sneaky ninja tactics!

Next time :)
Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#394 - 2013-07-04 23:39:08 UTC
Ayures wrote:
Mostlyharmlesss wrote:


What dread fleet?


Take your pick. There have been like 4 that have been saved by node crashes.

CFC propaganda spins so much, they don't even know that CCP saved their (30 man?) dread fleet a couple weeks ago.

The most enjoyable thing about talking to a Goon, is how little they actually know about how this war is going, how they believe they are taking space as they lose space, how they are taking moons as they lose moons, how they win by standing down, and win by standing up, and basically win every fight, even if no one logs in.

Crazy people are a blast.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

theelusiveyoda
Death Troopers
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#395 - 2013-07-04 23:39:16 UTC
Shaun Hansen wrote:
Listen Im quite frustrated over this, imho, idiotic breakdown. If you can make Jita run smoothly, and I know what Im talking about, why not get an important fight than this one running?

This fight was going on for a long time and you had plenty of time to get that node up and running.

Im disappointed and somewhat angry Evil



You apparently don't know what your talking about as a fleet battle is a total different ball game than
fleet battles server load wise than a market hub is, also hubs generally have a steady amount of actions and server calls where as fleet fights have spikes from gangs jumping in, warping off etc.

For an Example lets talk about drones:
the server has to calculate where a drone is what its range is from its target is, how much health it currently has, if it can even reach the target, how fast it should be going, how much damage it should do at the current range if any, the targets resits have to be taken into account and then also the drone owners skills also have to be taken into account.

That's all for one drone now times that by 5 on average per person then times it by however many people are using drones, the server has to calculate that every 1 second server tick if it was running in real time.

Then add on ship movement, gun tracking + damage, health amount and so on and you get the idea.

Jim Era
#396 - 2013-07-04 23:39:30 UTC
guys please slow down, I cannot collect all of these tears so fast

Wat™

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#397 - 2013-07-04 23:39:31 UTC
Mostlyharmlesss wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Zagdul wrote:
Nethras wrote:
Downtime doesn't remove ships from space or reset aggro timers, but node remapping does? Look, EVE PvE has never been a strength, the only thing that remotely matches server mechanics during fights in importance is the economy, and you **** it up this bad?

Why does this function differently than downtime? Why is it possible to "accidentally" do this without a warning that you're doing it to an extremely full system? Why the hell are you trying to excuse saving hundreds of billions of isk, if not over a trillion, with an "oops"?

There's a reason that critical functions are normally engineered with multiple checks and failsafes, because human error always DOES exist, which is why it's completely ******* inexcusable that CCP has nothing in place to mitigate that possibility here. "We'll make sure this won't happen again" isn't sufficient, fix how it was even possible to begin with, and fix it on multiple levels.



I don't like empty quotes.


listen a critical system was removed from the node. this was not like downtime... ccp ****** up and did something that removed again a CRITICAL SYSTEM... its assumed this system is CRITICAL... so use your brain and think what really happened.



The thing is, this isn't the first time it's happened. It's been less than 3 weeks ago CCP did another "Oops".


its almost like this giant ******* war started and the engineers have been working overtime to try and facilitate the ability for it to be enjoyable... imagine in 1000 line code you mistake a - for a + and you just destroyed the server. **** happens...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Axhind
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#398 - 2013-07-04 23:39:44 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
digi wrote:
I really wish you guys would get it together. It truly WAS epic and you ruined it.
We are painfully aware of this and believe me: it hurts to see such epic battles, which are not found anywhere else in the whole gaming industry, being cut off like this.

We want to give you the servers, tools and environment to create and enjoy such epic moments to its fullest extend, that is what our dream and passion is about - destroying such battles just to influence the course of the in-game actions, however, is not what we do.


problem is as your tech gets better they will blob more and more in system. its a war that can never be won.

i remember after dominion you could not do more then 1200 in system with out the server crashing...

now you can do 2100 plus

if you made it stable under 4000 they would try to cram in 5000 and complain about it.


There is a huge difference between node crash (nobody would make a big stink about it) and some admin actually ruining an awesome fight in which people invested 5-6 hours plus it saves tons of ships for one side in the biggest war in the game.

Two very different things. All players whine about crashes but we understand it happens. This is different. This just pisses off anyone for interfering with the most important war in 0.0
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#399 - 2013-07-04 23:39:45 UTC
Imodesky Kafelnikov wrote:
ito kazami wrote:
fisrt , we want a ccp internal affairs investigation , too much N3 / test favouring lately to be coincidence.

2nd , we want those carriers and battleships saved by ccp to be removed from the game

3rd , we want ccp to invest in reliable servers


4th, could we get cheese with that?


But only if it's good cheese - maybe a nice block of swiss or pepperjack, or a tub of brie or port wine... none of that Kraft American Singles or Cheez Whiz crap.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#400 - 2013-07-04 23:39:48 UTC
Prop Wash wrote:
Ban Bindy wrote:
Zagdul wrote:
Draghkar wrote:
https://twitter.com/erlendur/status/352923608315736065

Human error guys, honest mistake that saved an entire cap fleet.


Oh, well. When you put it like that. I guess everything is alright.

...

Not to mention the people who have been watching this war. This isn't a win for either side.

...

I feel robbed.



This is a win for anybody who hates Goonswarm. Guess how many people that is?

You feel robbed? Terrific, given the fact that your alliance has stolen more isk from players I know than anybody else in Eve.

This here is what you call "Taking away their fun," big time. Could not be happier.

This, on the other hand, made my morning. Thanks dude!

It is ... how do you say it.

CCP has us right where they want us

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?