These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: A New Live Event for July

First post First post
Author
Flashian TheFirst
Absolute Order
Absolute Honor
#81 - 2013-07-02 14:02:30 UTC
Thx all :)
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#82 - 2013-07-02 15:31:11 UTC
I'm not interested in this kind of stuff, but still think it is good that CCP try to offer more variety. Good work.

Kanbe Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#83 - 2013-07-02 16:30:51 UTC
Is there a deadline for when each tier of this has to be completed or is it just that they all entries for any tier need to be in before the deadline?

Also, I noticed that the screen shots need to be done all by the same character. But would about for different tiers? For example, if for Tier 1 I used an alt but for tier 2 I decided to use my main. Is that ok or should it be the same character though all the different tiers.

Thanks for any help in advance Big smile
Sturmwolke
#84 - 2013-07-02 16:37:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Sturmwolke
This reminded me of the recent WoWP (World of Warplanes) closed beta contest where taking pics for a certain location nets you 500 gold for your WoT account.
Incidentally, WoT has started to introduce new daily missions concepts which probably isn't a new idea.

Good stuff as a start for livening up the live events.
Still ways to go yet.
Astro Raider
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2013-07-02 19:14:59 UTC
Can a dev clearfy if the char that post the pictures must be the same that have taken them all? Being both from the same account.

Thanks
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#86 - 2013-07-02 22:24:33 UTC
Astro Raider wrote:
Can a dev clearfy if the char that post the pictures must be the same that have taken them all? Being both from the same account.

Thanks

Yes the character posting has to be the same character taking the pictures. We will not do whole account verification

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

loquacious7
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#87 - 2013-07-02 22:25:02 UTC
So much Fail. Lol
change rules, limited access to the channel required in rules and putting the ship as focus point.
well played CCP well played.Big smile
Astro Raider
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2013-07-02 22:32:19 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Astro Raider wrote:

Thanks

Yes the character posting has to be the same character taking the pictures. We will not do whole account verification

So, the winner of the grand prize will be the char with the lucky tiquet?
Tirion Stark
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2013-07-03 02:51:14 UTC
Do we have to submit the photos from week one sites within week one of July?
Can we wait until the last set of sites are declared and submit each set by the end of July?
Jajuka Cirim
#90 - 2013-07-03 09:16:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Jajuka Cirim
This will be great fun. Even though this doesn't involve a special in-game camera device, it's a personal mission of mine to play every video game with a photography mechanic. And most are terrible. Screenshot contests are often the better way to go. Big smile
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#91 - 2013-07-03 09:17:47 UTC
Tirion Stark wrote:
Do we have to submit the photos from week one sites within week one of July?
Can we wait until the last set of sites are declared and submit each set by the end of July?

As long as they're all in by the end of the competition, you're in!

CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#92 - 2013-07-03 09:19:05 UTC
loquacious7 wrote:
So much Fail. Lol
change rules, limited access to the channel required in rules and putting the ship as focus point.
well played CCP well played.Big smile

Yeah we made one typo in the rules and forgot to set the channel to delayed. Other than that, I'm very happy with what we've done.

CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#93 - 2013-07-03 09:20:15 UTC
Jajuka Cirim wrote:
This will be great fun. Even though this doesn't involve a special in-game camera device, it's a personal mission of mine to play every video game with a photography mechanic. And most are terrible. Screenshot contests are often the better way to go. Big smile

Did you play Pokemon Snap? Lol

Jajuka Cirim
#94 - 2013-07-03 09:28:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Jajuka Cirim
CCP Goliath wrote:
Did you play Pokemon Snap? Lol

Naturally, original in-box N64 cart sitting on my shelf. I'm proud to say it's the only Pokemon game I own or play. "Wonderful!" More cart, less track. etc. etc.

I have Afrika too, I'm not sure how DUST can compete with a PS3 title of that caliber. ;) I dare say, I can shoot straighter. PLol But the explosions aren't as pretty.
Adarko Achasse
PLEX Requisitions Operations
#95 - 2013-07-03 15:43:50 UTC
I noticed some people had the solar system info page pulled up in their shots, can someone verify if that was a requirement also?

Personally, I don't think it was required, but then again it wasn't very clear in the rules.

The easiest way to eliminate ANY confusion would have been to post a SAMPLE pic, imho.
Ishri Morphinius
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2013-07-03 19:59:20 UTC
Also, in the info for the contest theres 2 links for how to create an account and how to make a gallery once you have an account.

Both links are to the same youtube page showing how to make an imgur account....

Also, off topic, theres a news story on the eve launcher about new bug reporting stuff....the link is buggy and can't be clicked on.

I like the idea of this contest but a sample image would of been a really good idea like the above poster says. I still dont know whether my first weeks screenies are going to be ok or not without system show info displayed.
Ever read the rules of a real photo contest? They are generally well thought out, clearly written and unambiguous.
Just sayin.
Adarko Achasse
PLEX Requisitions Operations
#97 - 2013-07-03 20:49:57 UTC
Ishri Morphinius wrote:

Ever read the rules of a real photo contest? They are generally well thought out, clearly written and unambiguous.
Just sayin.

Very true, and as seen in the first few posts of the thread, CCP has made adjustments. I just thought a sample pic with the REQ'd items highlighted would have cleared it all up....
Xessej
Perkone
Caldari State
#98 - 2013-07-03 21:25:10 UTC
If the second ten are lowsec sites I hope the Genesis region figures prominently. There are a lot of cool features around the New Eden system that occur no where else.
Durbon Groth
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#99 - 2013-07-03 22:33:44 UTC
Choonka's diner eh?
Set course for Choonka solar system, 15 jumps.

Arrive, no diner in sight. Weird? Sure it should be around here somewhere...

Check beacon, check planets, go to station just in case.

Google Choonka's diner.

Evelopedia: "Choonka's Diner is a diner in the Ashab system run by Mamin Choonka."

Ashab is 3 jumps from where I started.

God Dammit.

X
Hexatron Ormand
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2013-07-04 00:18:49 UTC
In the rules it sais "join the chat channel and have it open" - in the MOTD of the chat channel itself, it sais this MOTD needs to be visible. I only noticed that part after i took all of my my screenshots, uploaded them, and compared them to others. As i never really bothered to actually read the MOTD (shame on me for that).

So i would like to know if my screenshots show enough of the chat window to qualify, or if i need to retake them with the full MOTD visible?

http://imgur.com/a/Gz7fB#0