These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Teenage gamer may go to prison for 8 years.

First post
Author
Athena Momaki
#221 - 2013-07-01 15:46:53 UTC
Hessian Arcturus wrote:
This is an absolute joke of a court case.

EVE online better watch out because alot of us are always posting similar sh*t in local or somewhere. Apparently sarcasm is dead to the world now.

What's your verdict on sarcasm in EVE people?

EDIT: If you don't want to watch the youtube vid, links to the news article are in the description. I just find AlphaOmegaSin's reaction brilliant, and it pretty much mirrors my own view on the topic.

A follow-up post is in order. Spoke with the police liason officer with the Governors office. Very polite and helpful. Learned that bail is set very high. This is curious and maybe a red flag.

The case is being handled by the District Attorney of Comal County TX. Called them. They can not comment on the case.

Their phone number is : 830-221-1300.

I just expressed by concern as a parent of a teenager.

News story
Petition

and yes this is not  my main.

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#222 - 2013-07-01 15:47:05 UTC
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
Simetraz wrote:

Why not there seems to be 2 schools of thought.
The one I listed or Turn the other cheek.
Parents appear to use one or the other.

Then there's school three: turn the other cheek, then in one fluid motion, wheel around into a sucker punch. ;)

That is my personal favourite

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#223 - 2013-07-01 15:47:32 UTC
Athena Momaki wrote:
Hessian Arcturus wrote:

EVE online better watch out because alot of us are always posting similar sh*t in local or somewhere. Apparently sarcasm is dead to the world now.

EDIT: If you don't want to watch the youtube vid, links to the news article are in the description. I just find AlphaOmegaSin's reaction brilliant, and it pretty much mirrors my own view on the topic.

A follow-up post is in order. Spoke with the police liason officer with the Governors office. Very polite and helpful. Learned that bail is set very high. This is curious and maybe a red flag.

The case is being handled by the District Attorney of Comal County TX. Called them. They can not comment on the case.

Their phone number is : 830-221-1300.

I just expressed by concern as a parent of a teenager.

News story
Petition

OOPE ------- >

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Alaekessa
Matari Combat Research and Manufacture Inc.
#224 - 2013-07-01 15:47:51 UTC
Minmatar Citizen160812 wrote:
Damn, Texas too...he's screwed.

BTW non-'muricans Texas is by far the worst place to get locked up for anything. They like to give the chair to people just to smell the burning flesh.

Yeah, they don't even care if the "offender" has the mental capacity of a preschooler.

I remember being told a fun fact a while back, it's relevant so I'll share.

3 Largest Corrections Systems in the World
1) China
2) Russia
3) Texas (not counting the rest of Murica)
Mishraile Viliana
Doomheim
#225 - 2013-07-01 15:52:46 UTC
Simetraz wrote:

That is right you don't know who is listening so you watch what you say.
Just like you do at work or in front of a cop or sometimes in public.
I may be sitting at home right now in private, but this discussion is VERY public.

You are correct, and that is both a blessing and a curse. All I can do is speak out in hopes of lightening the curse aspect. I feel the way I do, because I have been where that guy is right now, just without the jail aspect. Some people don't know how to take sadistic humor, and that has caused me more than one problem. Do some people dislike me for the things I say? I'm sure they do. Does that really affect me? Not at all. However, as soon as I have police kicking in my door over a joke that put no one in direct harm's way (unlike where the smartass pointed out the "fire" in an airport example earlier, as that causes panic, and panicked people are much like panicked cattle), then something has gone very wrong in someone mind, and it isn't my own.

And how often don't we see some news about a shooting at a school by a displeased student or former student who often have mentioned it on some forum before actually doing it? I'm certain parents are quite pleased the police didn't just dismiss this as he probably doesn't mean it.
Norian Lonark
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#226 - 2013-07-01 15:58:18 UTC
Mishraile Viliana wrote:

And how often don't we see some news about a shooting at a school by a displeased student or former student who often have mentioned it on some forum before actually doing it? I'm certain parents are quite pleased the police didn't just dismiss this as he probably doesn't mean it.

So crack down on people saying stupid comments, but don't take away the right to own guns as that's our freedom Roll

Start wide, expand further, and never look back

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#227 - 2013-07-01 15:58:58 UTC
Simetraz wrote:

Then there's school three: turn the other cheek, then in one fluid motion, wheel around into a sucker punch. ;)

Believe it or not that falls under "Never start a fight but finish it" Smile
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#228 - 2013-07-01 15:59:53 UTC
Mishraile Viliana wrote:

Yes, because we don't normally see "whoa...didn't see that one coming" responses from everyone who knew a person before they went apeshit. It's one thing when someone has actually laid out plans, and professed them to others (as was the case with the Columbine shooting). It's something totally different when it's a one-off comment to some random who was picking at the person to begin with. There seem to be two kinds of true nutjob out there: those who plot and scheme and never tell a soul, and those who give small leaks of information the whole time they are preparing for something . 'Going to shoot up my school and eat still beating hearts lol' doesn't strike me as either.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#229 - 2013-07-01 16:07:50 UTC
Simetraz wrote:
Simetraz wrote:

Believe it or not that falls under "Never start a fight but finish it" Smile

Damn she's got a point

Back to "Finish a fight before they even know its ON"

Clawhammers are better than guns btw

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#230 - 2013-07-01 16:11:16 UTC
Alaekessa wrote:

BTW non-'muricans Texas is by far the worst place to get locked up for anything. They like to give the chair to people just to smell the burning flesh.

Yeah, they don't even care if the "offender" has the mental capacity of a preschooler.

1) China
2) Russia

Your forgot Florida. When they executed with the electric chair they literally BBQed the condemned.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Paul Uter
Doomheim
#231 - 2013-07-01 16:17:51 UTC
Hessian Arcturus wrote:

It is in USA i presume ??

They have private prison industry, prisoner = profit , working as intended.
Alaekessa
#232 - 2013-07-01 16:25:37 UTC
Paul Uter wrote:
Hessian Arcturus wrote:

That is the thing though, it is only "working as intended" by the asshat who came up with "private prison industry".

It should remain the onus of the State to execute or rehabilitate those within the corrections system.

Then again, what do I know, I'm for bringing back public execution and broadcasting it on PBS, maybe if people see the graphic consequences of misbehaving on a criminal scale, they'd think twice about doing it.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#233 - 2013-07-01 16:27:53 UTC

Please

for the love of Dog

Will somebody

Think of the children

And move this to

OOPE??

CCP CCP CCP CTHULHU F'TANG

Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#234 - 2013-07-01 16:29:51 UTC
Alaekessa wrote:

1) China
2) Russia

Yep, and growing under private ownership. They'll get a pretty penny for ruining this family's life. When there is a profit to be made from locking people up the laws will get wacky. This case isn't uncommon. Where I live a judge was just arrested and sent to the pokie for taking money from the prison company to give out maximum sentances. He showed no remorse and his defense was that it was no different than taking a "finders fee".
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#235 - 2013-07-01 16:31:33 UTC
Paul Uter wrote:
Hessian Arcturus wrote:

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Jail_vs_Prison

He's in jail (and probably court by now), not prison.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Alaekessa
#236 - 2013-07-01 16:32:30 UTC
Are you from Luzerne County gay jebus?
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#237 - 2013-07-01 16:45:29 UTC
This is why I'm very careful of what I say online, ever since that lady got in trouble because she made some other girl kill herself on facebook. This stuff still happening is just natural selection at this point

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#238 - 2013-07-01 16:47:30 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
This is why I'm very careful of what I say online, ever since that lady got in trouble because she made some other girl kill herself on facebook. This stuff still happening is just natural selection at this point

For a second I though you were going to say

"since Spank said DIAF"

Alaekessa
#239 - 2013-07-01 16:50:15 UTC

Correct me if I am wrong, but she didn't even tell the girl to kill herself right?

She just said a bunch of mean **** that caused the girl to kill herself right?

If that is the case, I'm surprised more people aren't walking on eggshells (or if they are, I'm curious how bad it'd be if they weren't)
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#240 - 2013-07-01 16:53:38 UTC
Alaekessa wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but she didn't even tell the girl to kill herself right?

She just said a bunch of mean **** that caused the girl to kill herself right?

If that is the case, I'm surprised more people aren't walking on eggshells (or if they are, I'm curious how bad it'd be if they weren't)

Pretty much, that girl was most definitely not an Eve player.

If she had been there could have been 2 outcomes...

1) Nothing

2) She would have made her suicide awesome
http://www.chrisvschris.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/how-to-kill-yourself-in-a-cool-way.gif

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny