These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Making a gank cost something

First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#81 - 2013-07-02 10:14:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
Quote:
Sure it does but for an alliance it doesn't mean anything. Like you Goons, you fund our ganking for fun and tears from your nullsec operations. For the people who don't have an alliance to support them or they don't know any better it is an unfair advantage and simply wrong.

Why don't you have an alliance to support you? Does everyone hate you? Is there something stopping you from going out and making friends? Aside from these forum posts, anyway. Granted that I'd make sure you weren't in my alliance just based on that, but hey, not everyone looks up forum history.
Quote:

They way goons mold the game... yes it is towards newer players and players who choose to live in empire and do not want play the game the way you want to play the game.

Emphasis mine. It was their choice, choices have consequences. Does living in highsec mean that the goons might come along and **** with you? Yes. Does playing EVE mean ANYONE might come along and **** with you? Yep. That's the game.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Azrael Dinn
Imperial Mechanics
#82 - 2013-07-02 10:21:42 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Why don't you have an alliance to support you? Does everyone hate you? Is there something stopping you from going out and making friends? Aside from these forum posts, anyway. Granted that I'd make sure you weren't in my alliance just based on that, but hey, not everyone looks up forum history.

Didn't say I'm not getting support of that everyone hates me, just expressin my views and at least I got the guts to post on my character unlike most of you nerds that use forums alts. If you want to hate me for saying something needs to be to empire then hate me thats you choise and you need to live with it. It realy ain't my problem Big smile

After centuries of debating and justifying... Break Cloaks tm

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#83 - 2013-07-02 10:29:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
Azrael Dinn wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Didn't say I'm not getting support of that everyone hates me, just expressin my views and at least I got the guts to post on my character unlike most of you nerds that use forums alts. If you want to hate me for saying something needs to be to empire then hate me thats you choise and you need to live with it. It realy ain't my problem Big smile

"something needs to be to empire"? What?

So, basically, I should give you props for having a pulse and an opinion? Oh, and I should trust somehow that you aren't a forum alt? Nah.

Anyway, you "expressin your views" is fine, but your views are wrong. If someone in this game is finding it unplayable because they don't have support from an alliance, because apparently the Goons screw with everyone, everywhere (confirming that they are omnipotent, btw), is leaving, then good. Thin skinned people shouldn't be a concern.

But it's simply not true. There isn't some giant exodus of new players subbing and leaving every month because they somehow can't find a newb friendly alliance. The tools for it are there.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#84 - 2013-07-02 10:31:35 UTC
Azrael Dinn wrote:
at least I got the guts to post on my character unlike most of you nerds that use forums alts.

That's a very big peen you got

I am very impressed but

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7dwv6PH7N1qaa34so1_1280.jpg

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Thar Saal
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#85 - 2013-07-02 10:35:18 UTC
Azrael Dinn wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Something about being called a nerd while we play the same game and use the same forum never sits quite right.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#86 - 2013-07-02 11:59:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Azrael Dinn wrote:
And if you don't do that or you use and alt to do it that I have no way of tracking then how do I get my isks back?
If it's the former, I'm leading a very boring EVE life and you've had your revenge anyway. Still, you could always keep racking up the kills and it'll add up. If it's the latter, then you don't know that you're angy at me anyway… Blink And even then, you can pursue that alt to shut it down, which amounts to the same thing.

Quote:
The game mechanics fawor the gankers way more than they do the victims and I still stand behind my statement that it is just plainly wrong when it happens in empire the way it happens.
If by favour the gankers you mean that ganking has only ever been made harder and more expensive; surviving has only ever been made easier; and players has only ever been given more and more tools for vengeance, then yes. By the way, this means that no, mechanics do not favour the gankers. If they did, it would be a simple 1v1 affair, rather than the complex multi-stage 30v1 deals the gankers have to devise in order to compensate for the huge amount of mechanics that make things difficult for them.

Quote:
Yes yes and in the realy realy old days I could hit you with a club and no one would have even cared what happened to you after that. Those are the old days so stay on topic.
EVE is much like those days, so he's very much on topic.

Quote:
They way goons mold the game... yes it is towards newer players and players who choose to live in empire and do not want play the game the way you want to play the game.
No, it isn't, because newer players don't have enough to be ganked over anyway, and players who choose to live in empire still have the exact same tools available as everyone else — they just choose not to use them. That is not an “unfair advantage” — it's a fair advantage that anyone can employ, but which they choose not to.
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#87 - 2013-07-02 12:06:04 UTC
Thar Saal wrote:

Something about being called a nerd while we play the same game and use the same forum never sits quite right.

There's different types of nerds.

The nerd who has his nose in a book most of the day but still kewl to be around. He's different from the nerd who's thrown into a locker (and maybe egged on by other nerds) because the only social skill he knows is sarcasm.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Azrael Dinn
Imperial Mechanics
#88 - 2013-07-02 12:13:37 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Azrael Dinn wrote:
And if you don't do that or you use and alt to do it that I have no way of tracking then how do I get my isks back?
If it's the former, I'm leading a very boring EVE life and you've had your revenge anyway. Still, you could always keep racking up the kills and it'll add up. If it's the latter, then you don't know that you're angy at me anyway… Blink And even then, you can pursue that alt to shut it down, which amounts to the same thing.

Oi answer the question "how do I get my isks back"? Twisted

God damn politics...

I will admit that I have a verry different perpective for the game and I would like to much different things for it. This one included but as our way of thinking is so much different I think it is just better for me to do my own things the way I have done them and be done with this threat at least.

After centuries of debating and justifying... Break Cloaks tm

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#89 - 2013-07-02 12:18:05 UTC
Azrael Dinn wrote:
That part, I already answered. This is if you just want revenge against someone who's clever.

…or you could just contact them and set up a long-term supply contract for ships and gear, delivered to their ganking system of preference for easy refits.
Thugnificent Gangstalicio
Nigerian Drug Manufactory co.
#90 - 2013-07-02 14:05:50 UTC
Ganking ships are free. Secstatus can be farmed.
All freighters are free, they can just be built from rocks that you mine for free.

Eve is so broken.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#91 - 2013-07-02 14:08:40 UTC
Posting in a "baw nerf pvp even further into the ground baw" thread.

These tags don't mean diddly. OP is silly if he thinks the sec status hit is a deterrent.
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#92 - 2013-07-02 23:02:59 UTC
Azrael Dinn wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Ok.
Making ganking cost something in one step:
1. Kill them right back.

There you go.

Quote:
Atleast have Concord pod kill ganker so they'll have to start wherever their clone is, and cost of replacement of clone + combat booster and any implants.
Why does it have to be more expensive than it already is? Also, if you're going to introduce NPC podding, I can only suppose that you suggest it happens across the board, because anything less would be rather silly, right?

It needs to be more expensive to gank because it should not be an activity in high security space that pirates, major alliances and other nerds can turn into a profitable gameplay. Yet balance some balance must be preserved but at this moment ganking is way underbalanced.

And hate me all you like it wont change the issue.

So in other words, ganking is still happening so it needs to be more expensive. Why not just lobby CCP to turn off the safety? It would be an easier code change than any other I've seen offered in this thread.

THe fact is there must be a creditable threat to isk making in hisec. Without it all isk making would transfer to hisec until the severs were shut down due to all the unsubs because Eve PvE is terrible. Currently the isk and risks in hisec are out of balance enough as it is. Hisec should be "safer" for newbies and undesirable as anything but a trading hub by anyone else.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#93 - 2013-07-02 23:28:20 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Azrael Dinn wrote:
That part, I already answered. This is if you just want revenge against someone who's clever.

…or you could just contact them and set up a long-term supply contract for ships and gear, delivered to their ganking system of preference for easy refits.

Once again Tippia speaks wisdom, after all the last person Im going to want to gank is the guy who saves me a load of time and effort by selling me ships and modules I gank people with, thats just common sense. Hell I'll even help him make more money by pointing other would be gankers his way for the same deal. Youre obviously not much of a business man if you cant recognise an obvious opportunity when it slaps you in the face like that.

Another thing you seem to missing Azrael is simple, 99% of people who get ganked have it happen because they dont think about things they do that make them a potential target. Im not going to bother pointing out examples, its been covered at length in earlier posts and I dont feel like repeating things purely because someones too busy mashing their keyboard to pay attention, but all it takes is a little thought and you should be able to work it out.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#94 - 2013-07-03 04:00:47 UTC
Thugnificent Gangstalicio wrote:
Ganking ships are free. Secstatus can be farmed.
All freighters are free, they can just be built from rocks that you mine for free.

Eve is so broken.

So much free stuff in highsec, it's amazing.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jafit McJafitson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#95 - 2013-07-03 04:24:40 UTC
Posting in yet another "CCP please fill the sandbox with rubber cement so that other kids can't kick sand in my eyes and it doesn't hurt when I fall over" thread.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#96 - 2013-07-03 06:59:36 UTC
Q 5 wrote:
With the introduction of these "tags" ganking means nothing to pirates and mega corps like Goonswarm and other 0.0 corps, put some kind of consequence in ganking (and no losing their ship means nothing), they just farm tags all day and get sec stat back fast, pfft no consequence there.

Atleast have Concord pod kill ganker so they'll have to start wherever their clone is, and cost of replacement of clone + combat booster and any implants.

This way there's not a free way to gank at such low cost.

The only problem with ganking is that it doesn't show up on kill boards.

Since it's all about KBs with these guys, lets show their losses and loss of efficiency. I guarantee you will see ganking drop by half.

Mr Epeen Cool
BoSau Hotim
Uitraan Diversified Holdings Incorporated
#97 - 2013-07-03 07:04:08 UTC
Q 5 wrote:
With the introduction of these "tags" ganking means nothing to pirates and mega corps like Goonswarm and other 0.0 corps, put some kind of consequence in ganking (and no losing their ship means nothing), they just farm tags all day and get sec stat back fast, pfft no consequence there.

This way there's not a free way to gank at such low cost.

Professional Forum Troll here... Gank 'em!

I'm not a carebear... I'm a SPACE BARBIE!  Now... where's Ken?

Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#98 - 2013-07-03 07:38:33 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Ok.
Making ganking cost something in one step:
1. Kill them right back.

There you go.

Yea. Like you can do that. And like it makes any difference. These Cata pilots are usually low skilled alts. Doesn't hurt the main at all.

Eve totally sucks in that respect. Alts are pretty much untraceable in game. The bounty and kill rights mechanics are useless against them.
JustAnotherHighSecAlt
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#99 - 2013-07-03 08:19:27 UTC  |  Edited by: JustAnotherHighSecAlt
You know what would be really nice?

If players who want to start playing EVE actually read up on the game. Read the tutorials, read the guides out there. And then realise that this is a game with consequences and PvP everywhere.

Instead of just playing, realising it's not their kind of game and then try to change the game's very essence rather than quit.
Jorden Ishonen
Doomheim
#100 - 2013-07-03 09:38:36 UTC
Hogarth Starbanger wrote:
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent suggestion were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A simple "No" would have worked...

Ok, maybe a firm "No!" and a bap on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.