These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Get rid of gate camps.

First post
Author
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#61 - 2013-06-26 18:42:45 UTC
Majindoom Shi wrote:
So I would like CCP to some how do away with gate camps.
I Do not have the full details on how this will work out.
My goal is not to lower the amount of pvp but do something to increase it.
Gate camps to me are not real pvp. I would like ccp to implement something to add more pvp to EVE without the use of gate camps. I am not sure what they could do to make this happen but I would like to see more pvp but little to no gate camps at all.

Maybe add lvl 6 agent to low to draw people into system and engage them at the site. Like i said I don't know how to pull this off but gate camps are boring and lame there needs to be a lot more options for pvp

Graveyard camping in Eve is an institution, don't touch it or Eve will die. Lol

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#62 - 2013-06-26 18:55:43 UTC
You can bomb a nullsec camp....

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

fuer0n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2013-06-26 19:05:28 UTC  |  Edited by: fuer0n
all i see are retards paid by fucktards. meh meh meh. you deserve what you get....you reap what you sow...................
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#64 - 2013-06-26 19:16:38 UTC
Majindoom Shi wrote:
Gate camps to me are not real pvp. I would like ccp to implement something to add more pvp to EVE without the use of gate camps. I am not sure what they could do to make this happen but I would like to see more pvp but little to no gate camps at all.

Maybe add lvl 6 agent to low to draw people into system and engage them at the site. Like i said I don't know how to pull this off but gate camps are boring and lame there needs to be a lot more options for pvp

No Comprende "Sandbox"? Shocked

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2013-06-26 19:37:30 UTC
Majindoom Shi wrote:

"I would like..."
"...somehow..."
"Gate camps to me are not real pvp."

Lots of opinions with no facts. PvP is player versus player which means when one player (or several) attacks another, the other player's consent is not required in order for it to be considered PvP. What PvP means to you is irrelevant.

Gate camping is not a feature, it's just one of those things that happens in the sandbox that is EvE.
You're supposed to counter the gate camps instead of crying to the gods. Fit stabs on your ship, be too fast for them to catch, destroy them... the options are many. The correct answer is not "please ccp change this because I cannot cope! pl0X!!"
The kid that beats the bully is the one that survives.
destiny2
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#66 - 2013-06-26 20:32:20 UTC
Ravnik wrote:
You want to get rid of campers....and you are in a corp called "We the Gankers"...i LOL'd at work at this Lol

i lol'd too.

but most players, that are gankers, dont like getting ganked by other fleets, they only like it when their fleet is ganking people. its a win win situation.

Bella Bonheur
Doomheim
#67 - 2013-06-26 21:11:40 UTC
Bloody Wench wrote:
Malcanis you're turning into a shitposter. Welcome aboard.

Very true. He shouldn't be a CSM.
Bella Bonheur
Doomheim
#68 - 2013-06-26 21:15:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Bella Bonheur
Quote:
It is. But you can hardly complain because I was exactly the same before and campaigned on a promise to keep right on being mean to people who make bad posts with horrible self-serving, game-wrecking suggestions.

Yet another awsome decision by CCP.
Doc Spectre
Doomheim
#69 - 2013-06-26 21:52:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Spectre
Majindoom Shi wrote:

Gate camps to me are not real pvp.

So it's all about you is it? Some of us love gate camping...

Quote:
...but gate camps are boring and lame

So then dont facking do it....Geez....Let the rest of us gate camp...

RomeStar wrote:
Mandatory Statement: WOW is that way............

That's very rude. You didn't actually point the correct way...
Doc Spectre
Doomheim
#70 - 2013-06-26 22:14:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Spectre
oops double post...
Steve WingYip
Doomheim
#71 - 2013-06-26 22:41:14 UTC
Majindoom Shi wrote:

No, just because you have died at a gate camp does not mean they should be removed. Scout and be more careful next time and you'll be alright. They have been part of the game for a while now and it is a perfectly valid play style. I personally hate it, but I understand why people like it.
Tarsha Listur
Glamour Bunnies
#72 - 2013-06-26 22:53:58 UTC
Adapt

Do something about the camps or find other routes, check your map and don't fly through at peak times. Just because you don't approve or use a certain play style it does not mean it is broken.
Minister of Death
Colossus Enterprises
#73 - 2013-06-26 23:15:09 UTC
Bloody Wench wrote:
Malcanis you're turning into a shitposter.

Turning into? That ship sailed a long time ago...
Marmaduke Hatplate
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2013-06-26 23:26:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Marmaduke Hatplate
I've run afoul of gatecampers a good few times (and I'm only 20 days old), and it's annoying but I'm mostly just intruiged about the possibilities of fits to survive them tbh. I'm sure there are ways to mitigate their effects on my game. Looking forward to testimg out fits on this, actually. It's all good fun.

It would be cool however if there was some sort of short-range jump module that you could fit which wuld open up a wormhole to the next system. Make it have some kind of long cooldown or have its endpoint be randomly located in the target system, and allow the endloint to be noticed by prove scanning or something, to give properly equippped campgangs to try to locate you. I'd rather my lolsec trips were a bit more fox n hounds than 'here I am, kill me please'

"Friends and fun...The only 2 really important things in EVE Online." - Crazy Dutch Guy

Ralmar Kimnot
Okorer
#75 - 2013-06-26 23:35:21 UTC
Tarsha Listur wrote:
Adapt

Do something about the camps or find other routes, check your map and don't fly through at peak times. Just because you don't approve or use a certain play style it does not mean it is broken.

This ^^

If you're in high sec (war targets) or low sec (pirates) and you get caught by a gate camp then you're in the wrong ship or you don't know what your doing or both. Use your travel fit frigates to move yourself and small cargo's. If you have larger cargos then get a blockade runner. The name of the ship class should give you some idea what they are designed for Blink

Gate camps in null sec aren't that easy to avoid but that doesnt mean the game mechanic should be changed. They are a part of small and large fleet PVP. Check out the major fights in Fountain to get an idea or what PVP is really all about.

1 v 1 in empire and low sec gate camps aren't what eve is all about. It's what people do until they work out the real game is played in null sec.

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#76 - 2013-06-27 00:24:25 UTC
Marmaduke Hatplate wrote:
I've run afoul of gatecampers a good few times (and I'm only 20 days old), and it's annoying but I'm mostly just intruiged about the possibilities of fits to survive them tbh. I'm sure there are ways to mitigate their effects on my game. Looking forward to testimg out fits on this, actually. It's all good fun.

It would be cool however if there was some sort of short-range jump module that you could fit which wuld open up a wormhole to the next system. Make it have some kind of long cooldown or have its endpoint be randomly located in the target system, and allow the endloint to be noticed by prove scanning or something, to give properly equippped campgangs to try to locate you. I'd rather my lolsec trips were a bit more fox n hounds than 'here I am, kill me please'

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Covert_Ops_Cloaking_Device_II

Viator can haul a flat packed cruiser - or enough minerals in railgun form to build a battleship, strategics, recons and covops can haul themselves, and for everything else there is MWD/cloak trick and/or an alt to scout.

Ban Bindy
Bindy Brothers Pottery Association
True Reign
#77 - 2013-06-27 01:43:39 UTC
I really love the notion that you should scan a ship before you shoot it to decide whether it is worth enough to shoot. Exactly how long do you think it takes for a ship to warp away from a gate? You think a fleet is going to hold a little conference? Warp scramble each ship and then debate whether to kill it? That sounds so dumb it's hard to believe anybody would suggest it.
Adunh Slavy
#78 - 2013-06-27 03:05:15 UTC
Why do so many of you want easy mode?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Six Six Six
Doomheim
#79 - 2013-06-27 03:07:11 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
Why do so many of you want easy mode?

I thought gate campers already had easy mode as long as they can stay awake long enough.
Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
Somethin Awfull Forums
#80 - 2013-06-27 03:22:23 UTC
Gate camps were never a problem.

Choke points are.

Eve is a fish bucket.

R.I.P. Vile Rat