These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Get rid of gate camps.

First post
Author
Onomerous
Shockwave Innovations
#41 - 2013-06-26 14:21:29 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Tippia wrote:

I also notice that you've been a busy boy and used your time machine to go back and change the economy sot that the inflation in the game is ~0% over six years...

See, this is why I voted for you for the CSM: because you are not afraid to do these large drastic measures, and do them with your own hands.

\o/

Time Machines are pretty useful. Pity about that 18-month tachyon storm blocking off 2009-2010 though.

It is a pity. If you could of fixed that we might have had WiS by now.

Double face palm
BoBoZoBo
MGroup9
#42 - 2013-06-26 14:25:38 UTC
Gates, needing release from the energy they use - emit a HUGE repulsive magnetic pule every 60 seconds. Any ships within 100 km get ejected 1,000,000 km. Not because i think OP is correct, but because of LOLZ.

But seriously gate camps not PVP? That is silly.

What WOULD be cool (to allow and element of surprise) is to let warp bubbles be dropped along the path of warp and pull ships out of warp somewhere OTHER than your standard warp end-points. Imagine clever ambushes somewhere other than a station, moon or gate. Just out there, along a warp path, in the middle of the system.

Primary Test Subject • SmackTalker Elite

Adunh Slavy
#43 - 2013-06-26 15:50:28 UTC
There would be a lot more people out in low sec and null if the blind session changes were removed. It comes down to a simple question, do you want more people in space doing things or not?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2013-06-26 16:24:41 UTC
hmm... yes CCP should get rid of gatecamps.. I KNOW!

Let's create a massive AOE weapon called "Doomsday Device" that does damage to everything in the grid and can only be fired by ti-oh wait....

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Soylent Jade
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#45 - 2013-06-26 16:32:57 UTC
A ganker complaining about gate camps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0VNHe5fq30

Making hisec better...one Catalyst at a time

minerbumping.com

Zircon Dasher
#46 - 2013-06-26 16:41:02 UTC
Please do not nerf the ability to farm people without friends or alts for our monthly PLEX.

Nerfing High-sec is never the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'YES'.

Kyle Maltese
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2013-06-26 16:45:50 UTC
It baffles me why, in the context of the universe and game, that an enterprising corporation hasn't developed some kind of probe that deployed through the jump gate, scans the other side of the gate, then jumps back through.

It would provide a way to scout a gate, but say that it required a few seconds on the other side to do the scan, and there was the potential to destroy it. It seems like a perfectly valid idea.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#48 - 2013-06-26 16:47:40 UTC
Someone from a corp called 'We the Gankers' posting tears about gatecamps.....

Oh GD, you so crazy.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#49 - 2013-06-26 16:57:52 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
What I don't like about gate camps is the fact that the only successful counter involves a cyno and titan bridge.

A bomber can get you past one, same with covert recon. And really, gate camps tend to be small. Hit them with a fleet of 30 battleships, most will die.
Zircon Dasher
#50 - 2013-06-26 16:59:38 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Hit them with a fleet of 30 battleships, most will die.

More people need to do this.

Hell, you do not even need friends to take this route.

Nerfing High-sec is never the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'YES'.

Myrradah
Apotheosis of Caledvwich
Ex Cineres bonum Faustum
#51 - 2013-06-26 17:14:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Myrradah
Majindoom Shi wrote:
So I would like CCP to some how do away with gate camps.
I Do not have the full details on how this will work out.
My goal is not to lower the amount of pvp but do something to increase it.
Gate camps to me are not real pvp. I would like ccp to implement something to add more pvp to EVE without the use of gate camps. I am not sure what they could do to make this happen but I would like to see more pvp but little to no gate camps at all.

Maybe add lvl 6 agent to low to draw people into system and engage them at the site. Like i said I don't know how to pull this off but gate camps are boring and lame there needs to be a lot more options for pvp

gates are a choke points. All combat uses choke points. Even a roam becomes a mobile gate camp and a lot of people are misfortunate enough to get stuck by it and then proceed to cry about gate camps everywhere. There are very few choke point types in Eve to use (gates, stations) to instigate pvp and taking choke points away will only reduce the amount of pvp.

remove local so it looks like a WH local and it may offset a bit but to many people are against this.

There are plenty of ways to get away from gate camps on either side of the gate. Lern about bookmarks, warp to distance and dont use autopilot......

besides CCP already helped yuo carebears again by making the gate fire near invisible and installing interdiction nullifiers a long time ago. Man the heck up.
Milan Nantucket
Doomheim
#52 - 2013-06-26 17:16:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Milan Nantucket
Majindoom Shi wrote:

Gate camps are not real pvp.

I have sat a gate for a fairly long time and only players came through it... when do the rats come through..

You do know pvp is short for Player Versus Player right?
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#53 - 2013-06-26 17:18:30 UTC
-1 for a stealth nerf EvE thread
Jaan Thiesant
Star Cluster Wanderer
#54 - 2013-06-26 18:01:18 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
A bomber can get you past one, same with covert recon.

That only works in Empire. In Null the dictor will prevent you from warping and the interceptor will decloak you. I've managed to get out of the bubble in gate camps because the interceptors were simply not paying enough attention and they were too slow.

If the interceptor knows what is he doing, you are toasted.
fuer0n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2013-06-26 18:19:27 UTC  |  Edited by: fuer0n
Jint Hikaru wrote:
So please share the story of where the nasty gate camp touched you inappropriately.

It gives the tears posting more backstory!

moo were fucjking retards. you? LOL

you know.

i'll live in your space as long as i want.
and win.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2013-06-26 18:24:51 UTC
Lolol, someone from 'We the...' Oh... People already said that? Many times? :( Okay...
fuer0n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2013-06-26 18:25:47 UTC  |  Edited by: fuer0n
Jake Warbird wrote:
Lolol, someone from 'We the...' Oh... People already said that? Many times? :( Okay...

lets hope your not on the payrole. that was badder than could have been bad as it was. ;)

ps where did that money come from?
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#58 - 2013-06-26 18:29:22 UTC
Simple solution... Build a bigger blob.
Varesk
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2013-06-26 18:32:02 UTC
Majindoom Shi wrote:
I Do not have the full details on how this will work out.
My goal is not to lower the amount of pvp but do something to increase it.
Gate camps to me are not real pvp. I would like ccp to implement something to add more pvp to EVE without the use of gate camps. I am not sure what they could do to make this happen but I would like to see more pvp but little to no gate camps at all.

Maybe add lvl 6 agent to low to draw people into system and engage them at the site. Like i said I don't know how to pull this off but gate camps are boring and lame there needs to be a lot more options for pvp

Nice corp. Seems like you were GANKED by a gate camp.

working as intended, htfu, etc...
fuer0n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2013-06-26 18:34:30 UTC
Miilla wrote:
Simple solution... Build a bigger blob.

lol