These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

"Eve is a game driven by consequences for actions." Not if you're into suicide ganking

Author
Paragon Renegade
Sebiestor Tribe
#21 - 2011-10-23 18:06:57 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
we will continue murdering you as long as it's entertaining and your shirt-rending temper tantrum is basically about as entertaining as it gets

You just take such pleasure form being pure evil, you have to respect that!

The pie is a tautology

Alexandra Delarge
The Korova
#22 - 2011-10-23 18:06:57 UTC
This is such a simple idea I can't believe nobody has thought of it before.

OP, which of the Hulks ganked in Minmatar space this weekend is your main?
Suddenly Boom
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2011-10-23 18:25:52 UTC
Berendas wrote:
Suddenly Boom wrote:
Maybe not my main, but how is this? Check my killboard stats to see how how ridiculously easy suicide ganking is.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Suddenly+Boom&page=1#kills

Also http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Shocking+Awe

Over 22 billion isk in damages on the second one alone, i made profit on this ordeal, and there was no risk to me. I also ruined a lot of peoples day. How is that for a messed up game mechanic?

I never said suicide ganking wasn't easy. I also never said that it wasn't risky. What I did say was that it has consequences. You have made an alt to do your ganking, a definite consequence seeing as how you now have to spend more isk or RL money to facilitate the playstyle. If you were doing it with your main you would have to grind sec status to stay in high sec and to get the most out of your ganks.

Also, I do have to say that is a hilarious name for a suicide alt.

Thanks, just sitting there, mining away, chilling, suddenly boom! In more ways than one.
Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
#24 - 2011-10-23 18:29:13 UTC
Less QQ more pew pew.

Quit crying, do something about it, or GTFO.

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Fille Balle
Ballbreakers R us
#25 - 2011-10-23 19:08:48 UTC
Berendas wrote:
Suddenly Boom wrote:
Maybe not my main, but how is this? Check my killboard stats to see how how ridiculously easy suicide ganking is.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Suddenly+Boom&page=1#kills

Also http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Shocking+Awe

Over 22 billion isk in damages on the second one alone, i made profit on this ordeal, and there was no risk to me. I also ruined a lot of peoples day. How is that for a messed up game mechanic?

I never said suicide ganking wasn't easy. I also never said that it wasn't risky. What I did say was that it has consequences. You have made an alt to do your ganking, a definite consequence seeing as how you now have to spend more isk or RL money to facilitate the playstyle. If you were doing it with your main you would have to grind sec status to stay in high sec and to get the most out of your ganks.

Costs ISK? I think you missed the 22b isk bit. Can you say plex? 22b - 400m = 21.6b

Sounds like profit to me, not cost.

Stop the spamming, not the scamming!

Amro One
One.
#26 - 2011-10-23 19:13:16 UTC
Consequences of their action is that they are buying ships off carebears at a price.

Learn to think.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2011-10-23 19:24:50 UTC
If CCP does something stupid like removing insurance for concorded ships Comrade Mittens will just up the alliance reimbursement for our losses.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Princess Cellestia
Friendship is Podding
#28 - 2011-10-23 21:01:57 UTC
Insurance does not pay out the full cost of a hull, nor does it pay for the modules used in a gank. Yes they use a ton of cheap ships to kill craploads of miners who would rather outfit their ships for maximum greed rather than survival. No tanks, no drones, no support. But once those stores of isk are used up then they have to go make isk again to fund their ganky fun time. Instead of complaining about gankers, how bout you complain to CCP about putting a little bit more PG and CPU on those mining ships so you can fit a bit of a tank on there hmm?
Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
#29 - 2011-10-23 21:05:28 UTC
hold on let me stop you right here.

see ganking is more than just lulz, some people that gank take a real risk that stuff is going to drop. sure they may get some isk back but if they are ganking a hauler and all the expensive stuff goes boom then what? they lose money. There is risk to ganking. also loss of sec status is huge.

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#30 - 2011-10-23 21:08:37 UTC
When carebear industry corps complain about people being able to drop their POS towers from alliance and take them down with 0 risk of the tower or anything in or on it being destroyed then they will be in a position to talk about people facing consequences for their actions. Until that point the entire argument is hugely hypocritical.
The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2011-10-23 21:11:09 UTC
Rhes wrote:
If CCP does something stupid like removing insurance for concorded ships Comrade Mittens will just up the alliance reimbursement for our losses.

I actually kind of want to remove insurance now, simply because the whining miners can only think of the world in mercantilist terms; they're trying to put an isk-value on suffering.

When I drop a completely uninsured Brutix on a Hulk after a ~massive ganking nerf~ like removing insurance, they will cry twice as much, as they will be unable to even conceive of how such an event took place.

~hi~

Mag's
Azn Empire
#32 - 2011-10-23 21:13:24 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
Rhes wrote:

I actually kind of want to remove insurance now, simply because the whining miners can only think of the world in mercantilist terms; they're trying to put an isk-value on suffering.

When I drop a completely uninsured Brutix on a Hulk after a ~massive ganking nerf~ like removing insurance, they will cry twice as much, as they will be unable to even conceive of how such an event took place.
I've said much the same in the past. OH my god the tears.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#33 - 2011-10-23 21:15:11 UTC
Also, should there be another hulkageddon, it will be amazing to watch the miners dying to gank-teams in disposable thrashers, then grasping at straws for their next nerf.

~hi~

Louis deGuerre
The Dark Tribe
#34 - 2011-10-23 21:19:07 UTC
I want to get insurance like that in RL and wreck it driving it into an ATM machine. It's WIN WIN !

Also, all truly profitable ventures should be moved to lowsec and 0.0 so no risk no gain.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#35 - 2011-10-23 21:20:03 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
Also, should there be another hulkageddon, it will be amazing to watch the miners dying to gank-teams in disposable thrashers, then grasping at straws for their next nerf.
It's already arrived in features and ideas. Someone has suggested special treatment for the gankee. Basically they get a payment from the ganker for losing their ship. So they can buy another with modules and all that.

You know it's only fair.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Mag's
Azn Empire
#36 - 2011-10-23 21:23:46 UTC
Louis deGuerre wrote:
I want to get insurance like that in RL and wreck it driving it into an ATM machine. It's WIN WIN !

Also, all truly profitable ventures should be moved to lowsec and 0.0 so no risk no gain.
The second page obligatory link with a game mechanic and RL insurance. Well played sir.

The Apostle
Doomheim
#37 - 2011-10-23 21:24:51 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
Rhes wrote:

You're kidding me right?

You sit behind billions of tech moon income and make that claim.

So how about we nerf EVERY tech moon in game Mittens? You know, LEVEL the playing field somewhat.

Isn't communism your thing?

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#38 - 2011-10-23 21:29:00 UTC
Mag's wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
It's already arrived in features and ideas. Someone has suggested special treatment for the gankee. Basically they get a payment from the ganker for losing their ship. So they can buy another with modules and all that.

You know it's only fair.

Someone should suggest (again) that the terrible gankers should be locked up in jail for 24h for each crime they have committed. Big smile
Mag's
Azn Empire
#39 - 2011-10-23 21:34:18 UTC
Mashie Saldana wrote:
Mag's wrote:
...... Someone has suggested special treatment for the gankee. Basically they get a payment from the ganker for losing their ship. So they can buy another with modules and all that.

You know it's only fair.

Someone should suggest (again) that the terrible gankers should be locked up in jail for 24h for each crime they have committed. Big smile
That's a damn fine idea. What about also taking a set amount of SP away from the ganker? Sounds fair and balanced too.

Berendas
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2011-10-23 21:37:56 UTC
Fille Balle wrote:
Berendas wrote:
Suddenly Boom wrote:

Costs ISK? I think you missed the 22b isk bit. Can you say plex? 22b - 400m = 21.6b

Sounds like profit to me, not cost.

That isn't guaranteed though. That is the fault of the people carrying shiny things in paper-thin ships.