These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Tier 3 gallente BC

First post
Author
Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#101 - 2011-10-24 20:01:20 UTC
Hasn't anyone read comments from people who've seen the new ship? It won't be the Aquilon. It's been described as beautiful and awesome looking -- which the Aquilon clearly isn't. That's not to say that the Aquilon isn't well modelled and very Gallente - it is. But it's certainly not fitting the description.

It's probably going to be the Megalodon posted early in the thread.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#102 - 2011-10-24 20:48:23 UTC
Jada Maroo wrote:
Hasn't anyone read comments from people who've seen the new ship? It won't be the Aquilon. It's been described as beautiful and awesome looking -- which the Aquilon clearly isn't. That's not to say that the Aquilon isn't well modelled and very Gallente - it is. But it's certainly not fitting the description.

that is one f'ing ugly spaceship.
Vricrolatious
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#103 - 2011-10-24 21:30:28 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Jada Maroo wrote:

that is one f'ing ugly spaceship.

Most Gallente ships are, so it makes sense

WIDot, Best Dot, Even Sans Dot! -Vric

Dielax
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#104 - 2011-10-24 21:36:24 UTC
Anyone else notice that the fans are making nicer looking ships than are in game?

Lets keep picking our new ships from the fans shall we?
Tashanaka
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#105 - 2011-10-24 21:43:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Tashanaka
CCP Navigator wrote:
It does look amazing but it is not the Naru. Sorry.

Oh thank the holy one. Please let it be the Aqulion model then.

The Endymion looks too much like a Proteus but is Gallente looking.
Hiram Alexander
State Reprisal
#106 - 2011-10-24 22:28:04 UTC
Tashanaka wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:

I can't look at the Aquilon concept art without thinking "Elephant Man", I've said it already on Twitter, but I'm voicing it here too... I honestly hope to God it's not that one.
Tashanaka
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#107 - 2011-10-24 22:37:20 UTC
Hiram Alexander wrote:
Tashanaka wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:

I can't look at the Aquilon concept art without thinking "Elephant Man", I've said it already on Twitter, but I'm voicing it here too... I honestly hope to God it's not that one.

Elephant Man Lol Well, most Gallente ships are a face only a mother could love. It looks like a cross of a Myrm and a Brutix with a Vextor aft to me.

I'm hoping for an Endymion or Aqulion, the Megalodon is too big for a BC hull and the Naru-Kami doesn't even fit Gallente (nor any race)
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#108 - 2011-10-25 03:36:01 UTC
the aquilon is easily the ugliest ship people have mentioned. all i see when i look at it is "boring blob with huge cartoon nose sticking out of it".
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#109 - 2011-10-25 03:41:22 UTC
Uhura Dennkhar wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:

maybe you will use the winner of the other ship design contest for the amarr BC?

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/misc/createastarship/Mentor_Battlecruiser.jpg

ccp navigator?

well, it won the other competition and its the *only* good looking amarr entry in either one. I'd consider it a shoe-in, as it fits with EVE as well.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#110 - 2011-10-25 05:01:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Akirei Scytale wrote:
the aquilon is easily the ugliest ship people have mentioned. all i see when i look at it is "boring blob with huge cartoon nose sticking out of it".

I resemble that remark.

Personally I'd prefer the Gallante BC be modeled somewhat on the Catalyst design. it's unique, and has lots of room for BS weaponry... and oddly enough I find it graceful in flight somehow.

But that's just me.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.