These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Do Level 4 missions pay too much compared to 1 through 3?

First post First post
Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#101 - 2013-06-22 12:32:35 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:

Frap it, I'd like to see this badly skilled raven make 20 mil an hour. The point is most people don't make tons of isk on missions. Show me these 60 mil/hour mission runners. I see more mission runners scrapping by. Anyone can claim to make lots of isk, but where is the proof.

I did.

He even listed what you earn on every mission.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#102 - 2013-06-22 12:34:37 UTC
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
How else can we see officer fitted ravens being ganked

Null sec ratters, Blops ops make some nice kills on those, enough to say there are as much null sec gimpy carebears than in high sec, null sec making it more interesting with high grade slave and crystal set worth already for 3 to 5billion the pod.

Simple answer: if you know where to search you find those anywhere and in places you might as well not expect them at all.

Which give us further evidence that high sec bears are not "just scraping by" but are infact, earning enough isk to splash out on some very expensive toys.
Khadann
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#103 - 2013-06-22 18:55:01 UTC
Nolak Ataru wrote:
If you're only pulling 60m an hour.... you're doing it wrong.

I must be playing a different game, cause for me i make 40M max per hour doing level4 mission. Do you salvage as well?
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#104 - 2013-06-22 19:18:55 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
This thread again. Well, good thing CCP doesn't take you seriously.

CCP hasn't taken Eve seriously until Incarna blew up in their faces.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#105 - 2013-06-22 19:25:35 UTC
Tippia wrote:
30M/h is trivial to attain and is even considered a very poor return for L4s… and at that level, it's still twice as much as what one might expect from that kind of progression, so the main point remains.

Had to double check it was not Ruby Porto posting something like this, but alas...

Three keywords in PvE:

1) Learning
2) Progression
2) Farm status

1) Players start the game and learn how to do missions. The more they repeat the same content, the more they learn how to do it efficiently and to gear up accordingly.
Level 1 - 3 are done for a relatively short amount of time, without picking the greatest ships or fittings, without knowing triggers etc. well (yet) and there are no warp scramblers etc.

Put a PvE veteran to do say a L3: he'll certainly NOT play like a 1 month old player nor will pick the same ammo or gear.

2) As players get experienced and richer, they may also pick better stuff to do the same content more efficiently.

A guy who is doing his first L4 might do it with meta 4 guns, easy to break shield, low resists ship... He's not going to make the billions a day.

Enter the veteran with marauder, officer fit and whatever... and we get to 3)

3) Players don't sit doing L1 - L3 for longer than strictly needed, these missions don't get farmed. L4's are the "last stop" (for hi sec at least) and thus players keep repeating them for months. What happens is easy to see:

- The player learns every subtle trick, even per each mission.
- His gear and SP improve. The same Angel Extravaganza that gave headaches and took 2 hours, after a while takes 25 minutes in a faction+ gank setup.
- Basically it's like the other MMOs: once on farm status and with great gear, the non scaling content becomes stale and on heavy farm status. It's easy to see the ISK x hour double or triple.

You can't punish players for farming stale content made so many years ago, if anything they should get new challenges (the epic arcs were a start but of course those venues are now discontinued.

Now, try doing L3s in the officer fit marauder and see if you still make 8M per hour. No, eh? Nerf L3 then?
Erok Careynah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#106 - 2013-06-22 22:09:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Erok Careynah
I think missions in general need to be redone, but I wouldn't want CCP to waste development time on them unless they overhauled the system entirely.

My biggest complaint is with level 2 missions, actually - a player who is less than a month old will think it's easy to do them but in reality some of those missions are really hard for a Destroyer if you have less than 300,000 skillpoints. The reward isn't very good either.

I remember when I first attempted The Blockade (level 2) in a Coercer, I was so frustrated that I almost quit the game. It just wasn't fun and there was no counterplay - I simply didn't have the DPS to break the tank of the Cruisers in that mission, and the only choice I had was to wait a few weeks until I had better SP and the rewards weren't worth waiting for. This is the struggle that new players face.

Now I'm flying a Hurricane with over 2.5million SP invested in Gunnery and I make about 15 million an hour (sometimes even 20 mill) just by blitzing them. They're easy once you have the DPS. With 300+ DPS on an artillery Hurricane you can pop most ships in 1 or 2 shots, don't bother looting or salvaging them because it's just not worth it. Just move to the next mission.

I haven't tried level 4's yet, because I only have about 480DPS and I don't think I could do them effectively. But the difference between level 2 rewards and level 3 rewards are pretty dramatic - you can easily make about 100 million a day doing level 3's if you're organized and dedicated. Personally I can't be bothered to farm them longer than three or four hours because they're so boring.

Eve in general needs to do a better job of educating players about the game mechanics; it can be very difficult trying to do these missions when you're new, and quite frankly if you nerfed these missions I think alot of people would quit.
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#107 - 2013-06-22 23:13:16 UTC
I feel back in 2007 ... What´s next? People complaining of Local , AFk Cloakers, Null Plexes Farming by Bots ... oh wait ...

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#108 - 2013-06-23 00:23:06 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

Null sec ratters, Blops ops make some nice kills on those, enough to say there are as much null sec gimpy carebears than in high sec, null sec making it more interesting with high grade slave and crystal set worth already for 3 to 5billion the pod.

Simple answer: if you know where to search you find those anywhere and in places you might as well not expect them at all.

Which give us further evidence that high sec bears are not "just scraping by" but are infact, earning enough isk to splash out on some very expensive toys.

At all, you choose to conclude that only because it supports your thinking, efforts and claims about high sec.

Tell us more about the requirements for buying/playing with plex and also how much those players have to explain themselves to faceless random dudes what they do with.

Then if they win enough to splash in whatever they like, with in their gaming time or game efforts what's your problem with? -jelly??
Not jelly?? -move on.

Seriously...

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#109 - 2013-06-23 00:35:42 UTC
Khadann wrote:
Nolak Ataru wrote:

I must be playing a different game, cause for me i make 40M max per hour doing level4 mission. Do you salvage as well?

The only thing that needs to be really nerf to the ground in this game is multiboxing with tier programs then come on forums claim they make 100M/ hour in high sec running lvl4 missions or whatever amount doing whatever crap in game they do.

Eve is probably the MMO having the highest number of characters multibox playing in different areas of the game considering the total number of active players per 24H

What a nice joke "multiboxed space ship alts online" Lol

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Skill Training Online
Doomheim
#110 - 2013-06-23 01:20:06 UTC
Khadann wrote:
Nolak Ataru wrote:

The only thing that needs to be really nerf to the ground in this game is multiboxing with tier programs then come on forums claim they make 100M/ hour in high sec running lvl4 missions or whatever amount doing whatever crap in game they do.

Eve is probably the MMO having the highest number of characters multibox playing in different areas of the game considering the total number of active players per 24H

What a nice joke "multiboxed space ship alts online" Lol

Not averybodyh uses many accounts, I only use wan.

Thank You Obama!

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#111 - 2013-06-23 01:23:53 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

No. All it prove is that the stuff is available in Jita. It's definately not high sec mission runner's fault if all that low/null sec loot ends up in high sec. Anyone can buy a few plex for real money and trasform them into a faction fit pwnmobile.

The income retardation come from min amxer pushing the enveloppe in a min maxer game. It you just prevent blitzing in missions by lets say forcing everyone to kill all enemy in every single pockets before they can turn in the mission, you would slow down the income by a good margin since every single high isk.hours mission runner keep always saying the money is in LP and to stop clearing the pockets and blitz all the time.

FFS the reason of why it goes so high is written all over the boards. THE MONEY IS IN LP REWARDS. This mean you have to deal with the LP. The LP store even eliminate ISK from the game to counter some inflation so maybe we can kill 2 birds with one stone by tweaking stuff there too?
Skill Training Online
Doomheim
#112 - 2013-06-23 01:26:58 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

No. All it prove is that the stuff is available in Jita. It's definately not high sec mission runner's fault if all that low/null sec loot ends up in high sec. Anyone can buy a few plex for real money and trasform them into a faction fit pwnmobile.

The income retardation come from min amxer pushing the enveloppe in a min maxer game. It you just prevent blitzing in missions by lets say forcing everyone to kill all enemy in every single pockets before they can turn in the mission, you would slow down the income by a good margin since every single high isk.hours mission runner keep always saying the money is in LP and to stop clearing the pockets and blitz all the time.

FFS the reason of why it goes so high is written all over the boards. THE MONEY IS IN LP REWARDS. This mean you have to deal with the LP. The LP store even eliminate ISK from the game to counter some inflation so maybe we can kill 2 birds with one stone by tweaking stuff there too?

I am not interested in pushing the envelopee but just make deccent money off level 1 to 3 missions...

SPREAD THE WEALTH PPL.

BUFF LEVEL ONE THRU THREE MISSIONS!

Thank You Obama!

Spurty
#113 - 2013-06-23 01:48:51 UTC
Terrible thread every time it's brought up

To think this thread serves any purpose we have to :

- ignore all other sources of income (just to mention one out of tens of methods, character sales will get you insane isk)
- skip over the insane isk generation of level 5s (lollerskates graph)
- believe the numbers are flat and every pilot can do this
- not think that the alt accounts used actually divide this figure by the number of characters employed
- skip over the disastrous negative standings you run up with the other factions
- really have our panties in a twist about others creating a below average income for a lot of time actually logged into the game (you know, many passive incomes pay out better and you don't need to for grind hours)

And so, op looks like a complete tool and so will every poster that wants things nerfed that are already so low we wonder what the point is.

Only question I have is about blitzing. Thought CCP fixed that already? Did they just acknowledge it as not actually fix it?

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#114 - 2013-06-23 02:41:24 UTC
Skill Training Online wrote:
Level 1 mission... 2 million per hour.

Level 2 mission... 4 million per hour.

Level 3 mission... 8 million per hour.

Level 4 Mission... 60 million per hour

I believe the next in the pattern should have been 16 million per hour... not 60 million. The error is not with the mission rewards themselves but with the inflated bounties available in these missions.

16/60
8/30
4/15

round it up to say 5/15...

1/3

Bounty rewards need to be reduced by appropximately 66% or consequently adopt a new compensation ladder for level 1 - 3 missions.

Level 1 Mission... 7 million per hour.

Level 2 Mission... 15 million per hour.

Level 3 Mission... 30 million per hour.

Level 4 Mission... 60 million per hour.

Either a 66% decrease in one tier of missions or 350% increase in the level 1 through 3 missions.

Consider that it costs 5m isk to fit up a proper condor for level 1 missions, if you happen to lose the one from the tutorial, it would take you 2.5 hours of mission grinding to replace that condor. With the new system you could have it replaced in the better part of an hour.

As things are right now I make 15 times a level 1 income just begging in local averaging about 30m/hour.

This is an area that could really use some focus from the development team, the new player experience is dreadful immediately following the tutorial missions and the first epic arc for Sisters of EVE.

2008 wants it's thread back.

Yes, you should be ashamed.

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Rain6636
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#115 - 2013-06-24 04:17:03 UTC
I have a screenshot somewhere... ah, here it is. made this in an hour of level 4s. even caught a suspect!
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#116 - 2013-06-24 05:39:57 UTC
Rain6636 wrote:
I have a screenshot somewhere... ah, here it is. made this in an hour of level 4s. even caught a suspect!

Let me call BS on this since there are no mission that could of given you 2 stats implants in a single hour. There are also no proof of how long it took to get all of that. It could of taken you 7 years and it would look exactly the same in your orca hangar.
Kara Books
Deal with IT.
#117 - 2013-06-24 05:53:00 UTC
Skill Training Online wrote:
Level 1 mission... 2 million per hour.

Level 2 mission... 4 million per hour.

Level 3 mission... 8 million per hour.

Level 4 Mission... 60 million per hour

I believe the next in the pattern should have been 16 million per hour... not 60 million. The error is not with the mission rewards themselves but with the inflated bounties available in these missions.

16/60
8/30
4/15

round it up to say 5/15...

1/3

Bounty rewards need to be reduced by appropximately 66% or consequently adopt a new compensation ladder for level 1 - 3 missions.

Level 1 Mission... 7 million per hour.

Level 2 Mission... 15 million per hour.

Level 3 Mission... 30 million per hour.

Level 4 Mission... 60 million per hour.

Either a 66% decrease in one tier of missions or 350% increase in the level 1 through 3 missions.

Consider that it costs 5m isk to fit up a proper condor for level 1 missions, if you happen to lose the one from the tutorial, it would take you 2.5 hours of mission grinding to replace that condor. With the new system you could have it replaced in the better part of an hour.

As things are right now I make 15 times a level 1 income just begging in local averaging about 30m/hour.

This is an area that could really use some focus from the development team, the new player experience is dreadful immediately following the tutorial missions and the first epic arc for Sisters of EVE.

I LOVE LAMP
Am I doing this right?
Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#118 - 2013-06-24 06:04:43 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Nolak Ataru wrote:
When you consider the difference between the incoming dps of a level 3 and a level 4, you get rewarded for surviving and killing the higher-tanking rats in level 4s

…and is that twice as hard as an L3? Four times as hard? Eight times as hard?
Or is it really just as easy, only with slightly more expensive equipment?

It is a sliding scale based upon skill level. But you always seem to forget that many people aren't at all V's yet. You can fly a Mach rather quickly...and do 200 dps with only 24k ehp.

But here come the blah, blah, blah, not so hard to train up replies with no real numbers. So please, break it all down this time or don't bother replying. I know it is hard for critics to deal in facts, but let's try it this time.
Rain6636
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#119 - 2013-06-24 07:37:40 UTC
risk vs reward. enemies abound part 5 puts out 3000 omni dps if you fall behind waves, I'd say 60mil is appropriate when it takes a well-skilled battleship pilot to stay ahead of the waves consistently.

that mission in particular has timed waves, so if you have to warp out, you'll have the whole mission waiting for you when you get back. it would take a well coordinated RR gang to get a foothold in it after that point.
Yummy Chocolate
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#120 - 2013-06-24 07:44:00 UTC
just seeing you talking about missions makes me feel bad.

Frostys Virpio > CCP: Continously Crying Playerbase

Felicity Love >... was thinking "moar popcorn"... but now, seeing the truly awesome contribution this thread is going to make to the Greater Glory Of EVE.... imagonnamakkadapizza....