These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Do Level 4 missions pay too much compared to 1 through 3?

First post First post
Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1121 - 2013-09-09 00:19:43 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Pr1ncess Alia wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

I see you have no idea how to tell the difference from alliance level income and alliance member income.

so

much

fail

Yes, you show a lot of "fail".

You cant even grasp the basics.

So what, everyone here is like that.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1122 - 2013-09-09 00:21:10 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Pr1ncess Alia wrote:
It would do nothing.

it would give us a reason to go back the null.

Pointless. There's highsec already

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1123 - 2013-09-09 00:21:25 UTC
Quote:
First, it's not my goose egg. I have no dog in this fight.

You keep confusing the issues. Baltar as well

If you dont make enough isk in null. That's that. Period. That will never change by ANYTHING you do in high sec.

But you do... well, maybe YOU don't, but plenty of others do.
The reason you might not be seeing the isk in your wallet is another thing entirely.

No, I think you're confusing the issue.

Baltec doesn't want to have to spend 50% of his time in highsec to make money. He likes nullsec, and in COMPARISON to highsec it should be viable, but it's not.

I see one area of space that, in terms of it's isk/risk ratio, is a much more attractive prospect than the other 4 areas of space.

This isn't entirely analgous to ship balancing. For example, the Rifter was much, much better than any other frigate. So CCP buffed the others, and (imo too hard), nerfed the Rifter.

But you can't do that with income. Nullsec is about as high as it can get, they've made that clear not only with nearly a decade worth of nerfs, but with outright statements. They cannot buff null without breaking the game. And inflation is bad, no ifs ands or buts. Less money is the solution, not more.

So, you have 1 thing that is overpowered compared to 4 things. 2 of those 4 things cannot be buffed without becoming OP themselves.

Ergo, your only choice is to nerf the 1. The nail that stands up gets pounded down.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1124 - 2013-09-09 00:24:24 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

If you dont make enough isk in null. That's that. Period. That will never change by ANYTHING you do in high sec.

The reason you might not be seeing the isk in your wallet is another thing entirely.

Baltec doesn't want to have to spend 50% of his time in highsec to make money. He likes nullsec, and in COMPARISON to highsec it should be viable, but it's not.

I see one area of space that, in terms of it's isk/risk ratio, is a much more attractive prospect than the other 4 areas of space.

This isn't entirely analgous to ship balancing. For example, the Rifter was much, much better than any other frigate. So CCP buffed the others, and (imo too hard), nerfed the Rifter.

But you can't do that with income. Nullsec is about as high as it can get, they've made that clear not only with nearly a decade worth of nerfs, but with outright statements. They cannot buff null without breaking the game. And inflation is bad, no ifs ands or buts. Less money is the solution, not more.

So, you have 1 thing that is overpowered compared to 4 things. 2 of those 4 things cannot be buffed without becoming OP themselves.

Ergo, your only choice is to nerf the 1. The nail that stands up gets pounded down.

CCP will hurt their foot on that nail, highsec is too important to the very survival of eve online

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#1125 - 2013-09-09 00:32:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Rinn
baltec1 wrote:
List these mission nerfs.

As for mission income nerfs. 30% reduction in income from level 4s max, 20% should do the trick.

• Removal of interesting loot
  • Overabundance of prop mods
  • Reduction of blitzing by NPC-locking more gates
  • Improvement of NPC AI making tank+spank or DPS+logi pairs redundant

Of course you also need to look at how some folks are making their 40M ISK/hr: are they killing everything and looting/salvaging? Are they blitzing and making ISK in LP/hr?

What is an acceptable level of income in ISK/hr? What kind of fitting is that based on? Should blitzing be rewarded or punished? What is your 30% nerf based on? Perhaps you just want to keep nerfing any hisec income until people are forced into lowsec and null?

What is the problem that you are trying to address, and what do you expect the outcome of your solution to be?
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#1126 - 2013-09-09 00:43:18 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

As for mission income nerfs. 30% reduction in income from level 4s max, 20% should do the trick.

• Removal of interesting loot
  • Overabundance of prop mods
  • Reduction of blitzing by NPC-locking more gates
  • Improvement of NPC AI making tank+spank or DPS+logi pairs redundant

More ancient nerfs but still within his magic "eight years":

- replacing nice mission roids with trit and pyroxeres roids.

- removal of faction spawns or making them very very rare. And worse. I don't recall getting an high grade faction bonus spaw in Worlds Collide since years.
Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#1127 - 2013-09-09 00:43:22 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

So that's the only way null is viable? If you personally don't see any other attractive options?

And we balance the game around this? Perception?

And I don't even want to go down this road of stated facts like "null sec is about as high as it can get" and confusing the entire development of the game with "a decade worth of nerfs".

It is viable. There is plenty of isk to be made in null, it's just COMPETITIVE.

And if it wasn't, nerfing another activity in the game won't make it so.

Do they not teach logic in schools anymore?

Apples and oranges. Changing one will have no impact on the other.

-High sec always has been and always will be the perceived preferred option of isk making because of RISK LEVELS not ISK LEVELS.

-null sec always has been and always will be the better source of ISK. The simple evidence for this is every eve empire that has ever existed.
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#1128 - 2013-09-09 00:44:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
baltec1 wrote:
Pr1ncess Alia wrote:

And they are there. There are many entities in null and wh space that pve to a great extreme.

How do you not understand this: If you have a problem with making isk in null, it has nothing to do with high sec missioning.

If it does, feel free to point to whatever evidence you have that shows where lvl 4 missioners are making it impossible for you to make isk.

YOU want a boost to null faucets. Nothing wrong with that, you can make that case. But crying because it's easier for you to make isk in high sec isn't going to get you anywhere. Nor is nerfing lvl 4 missions in high sec.

Again, it makes no sence to be out in null when you can earn the exact same income or better in high sec where you are perfectly safe.

No such thing as perfect safety. You are a dense one. But rest assured repeating it isn't going to have CCP nerf 80% of their players incomes on your behalf.
GreenSeed
#1129 - 2013-09-09 00:45:10 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Pr1ncess Alia wrote:

You are rewarded, you just aren't on top of the food chain.

Or did you think every null sec empire in history came to be because they farmed high sec level 4 missions with their alts to fuel their null game?

We get zero reward.

As for history, null sec used to have better income than high sec but after 8 years of nerfs to null and none to high sec its become unbalanced to the point where high sec offers the same isk but with near perfect safty.

This is a blatant ball.

As I posted pages ago I and Kerfira pushed for a past nerf and indeed in 2010 and 2011 the missions got nerfed, multiple times.

Also you are dodging my previous question: "How little should a L4 yield for you to be happy and stop spamming these forums since years?"

Just type down an amount so we can all laugh.

lvl4 have been nerfed many times, bounties first, loot drops in quantity first, later on nerfed again when they made Meta1+ stuff refine into 50% of their minerals (some people still get surprised when they hear this...), then again loot drops when they removed Meta0, cap boosters and drone poo.
they been nerfed again with the stupid original FW buff, for over a year highsec LP was worthless, even now implants, ships and modules are insanely expensive on the mission store with meager profit margins that exist only because the dude sitting on 500k implants allows it.

and yeah some people might say "oh but i get X for my lp, and i do fine..." go check that same item compared to the FW store and cry... your lp gain is a joke compared to what the FW people get with their stabbed afk ships.

nerfed when drone boats were made crap, nerfed with the elite lvl ewar that you wont find not even in lowsec DED complexes. nerfed when tengus became crap compared to the OP NPC killing machines they were before, nerfed when machs started to actually have TO fly towards the stuff they were shooting at... instead of just MWDing to the gate.

annndd... yeah, they were also nerfed indirectly when CCP added ABCs making highsec ganking with low numbers a very profitable reality.

and the loot... oh the loot... meta stuff refines into 50% minerals as i already said... this means a lot of people prefer to sell their meta drops, and since they are all that drops, means that meta 1 to 3 sell on the market slightly over mineral value... which is 50% that of Tech1 modules!

meta 4 is genuinely rare and sees a lot of use. but apart from the rare DCU, arbalest or prototype rail everything is crap.

and as for your suggestion, why don't we buff LP gains in lowsec another 20%?

would that do the trick? after all, Fw pretty much made the lvl4 lp worthless.

here's an idea, how about we make stabs give +2 warp strength? would that do it? after all, if its easier for lowsec to produce LP then the highsec LP is even more worthless. Lol
Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#1130 - 2013-09-09 00:47:49 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

CCP will hurt their foot on that nail, highsec is too important to the very survival of eve online

This is very true. Well the second part anyways... I'm not sure CCP is hurting themselves keeping their largest pie piece of players happy

and last I checked (did you watch AT XI?) null people that are doing it right aren't hurting for isk.

But it has nothing to do with whether or not Baltar (or anyone else) lacks incentive (read: ability) to make their isk in null. And no %age change to isk made in high sec missions will change that. Ever.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1131 - 2013-09-09 00:55:32 UTC
Quote:

Are you high? That's precisely the case. If nullsec cannot compete with highsec, and you can't buff nullsec, then nerfing high quite literally will make null competitive.

And, again, it is not about just null.

Highsec outdoes the other areas of the game as well. It shouldn't be allowed to, especially since it is so much safer with so much less potential costs and losses.

Quote:

Everything in EVE is interconnected. It's one of the selling points of game, for goodness sake. Where did you conjure this idea that null and high are seperate and do not interact at all?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#1132 - 2013-09-09 01:10:55 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

Are you high? That's precisely the case. If nullsec cannot compete with highsec, and you can't buff nullsec, then nerfing high quite literally will make null competitive.

And, again, it is not about just null.

Highsec outdoes the other areas of the game as well. It shouldn't be allowed to, especially since it is so much safer with so much less potential costs and losses.

Quote:

Everything in EVE is interconnected. It's one of the selling points of game, for goodness sake. Where did you conjure this idea that null and high are seperate and do not interact at all?

Show us how much null sec can't compete with high sec.

Because you keep parroting that knowing it isn't true.

And I never said high and null don't interact, I said they were basically separate games that interact at a very basic economic foundation.

-You could quantify your argument by showing how high sec impacts null, but we all know that isn't the case. All the REAL isk in null is made in null, not with high sec mission alts.

-So then you'll revert to "well it's more attractive and better so we have to pick that option" because you know you can't quantify a preference.

One which is rooted in RISK quantity, not ISK quantity. No matter how much they could nerf high sec missions, the song would always remain the same from null players that don't know any better. "the grass is greener over there, I dont maek enough isk"

You either need to address your failure at living in 0.0, or embrace the fact you just want to farm all day and move to high sec. I've spent years in this game living in null, I never had an issue. And when I live in low sec now, I sure as hell don't go to high sec to do lvl 4 missions.

...my my, how ever do I survive without turning to the only source of income in the game???
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1133 - 2013-09-09 01:11:18 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

I am not your servant. If you don't even know the game past for the last 4 years you should not even be here making topics or do those "8 years" broad statements.

Arm yourself with Google and search for me and Kerfira and the mission forums. Edit: tips a la LMFGTFY "Bounties horizontal reduction, loot first and second reduction and finally removal of non meta loot". Indirectly, further nerf by removing drone goo (it netted me about 1B a month). Removal of L5 missions from hi sec. Let's see if you did not even know they moved L5 to low sec, that's clown grade poor figure. Moving agents around, it caused many to create missions going to low sec (expecially penalizing to Minmatar and Gallente, not all have 3 7+ standing alts to pick only the hi sec, non faction, non drone missions). Moving SOE to Caldari space aka the great Gallente nerf and what finally pushed me out of missioning for good.

Here's how a professional did get a nerf done.

That's how and where it's done, not with some uninformed whining on GD.

Loot nerfs also happened in null.

AI changes also happened in null.

L5s were intended to be low sec in the first place.

drone goo nerf also happened in null to a much greater degree.

Moving agents around is not a nerf, they infact were buffed as CCP got rid of the poor agaents and replaced them with perfect agents.

SOE is still available to everyone.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1134 - 2013-09-09 01:16:53 UTC
Quote:
-You could quantify your argument by showing how high sec impacts null, but we all know that isn't the case. All the REAL isk in null is made in null, not with high sec mission alts.

Show us how much that's true.

Because the guys from the biggest alliance in nullsec are telling you that's wrong as hell, and that they, and their friends, and much of the line members of big alliances, make their money in highsec blitzing missions and running incursions and such.

How many more people will have to tell you that before you believe it? Because you've got about a dozen testimonials in this thread thus far.

Quote:
And I never said high and null don't interact, I said they were basically separate games that interact at a very basic economic foundation.

Which (although you used much stronger language) is still a lie.

They are all EVE Online.

Quote:
You either need to address your failure at living in 0.0

I don't live in 0.0. This char is in an "all aspects" kind of corp, and my main was chased out of sov nullsec years ago (when I didn't know what a Goon was).

Best Meltdown Ever.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1135 - 2013-09-09 01:24:26 UTC
Pr1ncess Alia wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

This is very true. Well the second part anyways... I'm not sure CCP is hurting themselves keeping their largest pie piece of players happy

and last I checked (did you watch AT XI?) null people that are doing it right aren't hurting for isk.

But it has nothing to do with whether or not Baltar (or anyone else) lacks incentive (read: ability) to make their isk in null. And no %age change to isk made in high sec missions will change that. Ever.

You do realise that comment was sarcastic right? Alavaria is our most beloved sarcastic poster.

As for our ability, we have no issues with making isk in null, there is just no point in doing it when high sec offer the same isk for near no risk and a lot less effort. Or in the case of incursions, better isk than in null sec.
Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#1136 - 2013-09-09 01:29:04 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Because the guys from the biggest alliance in nullsec are telling you that's wrong as hell, and that they, and their friends, and much of the line members of big alliances, make their money in highsec blitzing missions and running incursions and such.

Sure, let's make balancing decisions off this guy's opinion.

Why not?
He's part of a multi-thousand member organization, he must hold their accumulated knowledge himself!!

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

How many more people will have to tell you that before you believe it?

Just one.

The one that can back it up with proof and not "testimonial"

Quote:

They are all EVE Online.

Yeah, flying around doing high sec missions is EXACTLY like living in Y-2ANO.

Quote:
my main was chased out of sov nullsec years ago (when I didn't know what a Goon was).

Why don't you lay down on the couch and tell me more?

I think we're making real progress here and possibly close to a breakthrough in our therapy.
Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#1137 - 2013-09-09 01:30:20 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

As for our ability, we have no issues with making isk in null, there is just no point in doing it when high sec offer the same isk for near no risk and a lot less effort. Or in the case of incursions, better isk than in null sec.

Again, you're doing it wrong.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1138 - 2013-09-09 01:30:35 UTC
Quote:
As for our ability, we have no issues with making isk in null, there is just no point in doing it when high sec offer the same isk for near no risk and a lot less effort.

Or competition, for that matter.

You can blitz L4s for as long as you can stay awake.

There are only so many anom-nom-noms to go around.

Best Meltdown Ever.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1139 - 2013-09-09 01:36:21 UTC
Pr1ncess Alia wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Sure, let's make balancing decisions off this guy's opinion.

Why not?
He's part of a multi-thousand member organization, he must hold their accumulated knowledge himself!!

We got tech nerfed. We were the ones who pointed out the FW exploit to CCP, we were the ones who stopped titans online and supercaps online. We are the most active in ship balance testing.

Our organisation has the best track record for pushing for things for the betterment of the game. Hell half the time we are nerfing ourselves.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1140 - 2013-09-09 01:38:01 UTC
Pr1ncess Alia wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Again, you're doing it wrong.

How?

I make exactly the same for less effort and risk. I make MORE with high sec incursions.

Are you saying that I should be going for the worse option?