These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Alliance & Corporation Recruitment Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

are you old? dont have time for the drama games? want to live in 0.0?

Author
Dwarfish
Blueprint Haus
Blades of Grass
#41 - 2013-06-25 23:46:38 UTC
friendly bump from someone who knows lumpy and have only good things to say about him.

anyone who joins will be lucky to be in corp with him, not to mention the 30+ mentality.
Vikram Sarabhai
Torrential Downpour.
#42 - 2013-06-26 00:10:06 UTC
I've been playing Eve off and on for about 2 years but I'm just getting into corps and what actually happens in low and null sec.

Is there any strong benefit or motivation to shipping all your stuff out to the corp hq in null?

I've just gotten into L4 mission running and my idea (for now) is to find a corp I'll honestly engage with and basically live a dual life. Send a jump clone in a decent ship to the corp location but keep most of my stuff where it is so I can continue to do PvE as I have.

My play time is erratic so the 24h cooldown on switching bodies isn't a huge issue for me. I find with a little planning you can always be in the right body at the right time.

Thoughts on this?

I'm 31 and on US West Coast. I'll join your public channel next time I'm online and see what you're all about.

"Holding pleasure and pain alike, gain and loss, victory and defeat, then gird thyself for battle: thus thou shalt not get evil."

Mac Omon
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2013-06-26 13:13:46 UTC
I don't see a problem with living a double life as long as you put in an occasional appearance in z-h and are in chat and Teamspeak so that you can develop friendships with the rest of us. Plus, you just might change your mind about null and want to live in 0.0 more once you've been there for a while.
Calm Breeze
Comandos Castle
#44 - 2013-06-26 15:16:33 UTC
Hi, when are you guys online? Iv'e been hanging about in your chat all alone Smile I would like to have a chat with you some time soon. Smile
Ares Beck
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2013-06-26 17:24:25 UTC
We are very geographically (North America and Europe) diverse. I hesitate to say we are always on at such and such an hour, as the group is predominantly working stiffs with families and whatnot. It's been pretty active in the recruiting and corp channels when I'm on (typically 9-11 Eastern Standard Time (UMT-5), though some nights are better than others.
Calm Breeze
Comandos Castle
#46 - 2013-06-26 18:38:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Calm Breeze
Ok, thanks for that. Oh, what is the correct name for your in-game chat channel, 30+, 30plus or thirtyplus?
Captain Stupid
Swiss Army Spoons
#47 - 2013-06-26 19:49:01 UTC
As a 40 year old grumpy old man I saw this and thought it looked interesting. Sadly noone was talking in the public channel so perhaps I will try again later!
Ailuj Nostrebor
The Gold Angels
Sixth Empire
#48 - 2013-06-26 22:01:44 UTC
Calm Breeze wrote:
Ok, thanks for that. Oh, what is the correct name for your in-game chat channel, 30+, 30plus or thirtyplus?

30+ Public
Ailuj Nostrebor
The Gold Angels
Sixth Empire
#49 - 2013-06-26 22:02:15 UTC
Ares Beck wrote:
We are very geographically (North America and Europe) diverse. I hesitate to say we are always on at such and such an hour, as the group is predominantly working stiffs with families and whatnot. It's been pretty active in the recruiting and corp channels when I'm on (typically 9-11 Eastern Standard Time (UMT-5), though some nights are better than others.

There are some antipodeans as well
Lumpynurse
30plus LLC
Brave Collective
#50 - 2013-06-27 09:11:15 UTC
we wont quit till you quit
Drathen Greshnell
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2013-06-27 19:55:18 UTC
Come chat with us or post here nothing to lose by learning more about Thirtyplus!
Ari Zehav
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2013-06-27 22:39:32 UTC
I am way past 30 (at 53 and the kids stay up later than me at this point), but this sounds interesting. I will drop by public chat tonight between 9-12 pm GMT-5 (eastern US) to check out the scene.

I know I am not ready to join, haven't finished the tutorials, but will this week, then build up through the SoE chain. THEN I will start to figure out path and corp options.

Good forum chain. I've been in MMOs for 5 years and similar groups usually work out.

Question: in other MMOs, I prefer "support" roles - the healer, the buffer, etc. What is the equivalent in EVE?
McEvil
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2013-06-28 00:02:14 UTC
Give me your tired, your old,
Your huddled noobs yearning to mine ore,
The wretched refuse of your empire shore.
Send these, the targetless, tempest-lost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

we need more old farts such as myself....plus lumpy has cookies...you like cookies right?
McEvil
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2013-06-28 01:15:07 UTC  |  Edited by: McEvil
Ari Zehav wrote:
I am way past 30 (at 53 and the kids stay up later than me at this point), but this sounds interesting. I will drop by public chat tonight between 9-12 pm GMT-5 (eastern US) to check out the scene. I know I am not ready to join, haven't finished the tutorials, but will this week, then build up through the SoE chain. THEN I will start to figure out path and corp options. Good forum chain. I've been in MMOs for 5 years and similar groups usually work out. Question: in other MMOs, I prefer "support" roles - the healer, the buffer, etc. What is the equivalent in EVE?
souds like you'll fit in and have realistic expectations, plus you are old...and will fit in with the rest of us....i like that. Anyhow to answer your question support roles in this game can be a thankless task but, are needed in combat and industry alike. Leadership skills combined with a command ship can buff a fleet in many different ways such as shields, armor, targeting speed ect...logistics ships and carriers can remote repair (ie healer) there is a lot of info on these ships and skills on evelopedia don't get frustrated because of long train times...you can do a lot with a little and people will appreciate it.
Adoricelak
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#55 - 2013-06-28 01:54:45 UTC
you guys have 8.0 status somewhere for clone creation?
nnaas
Nos Es Uber
#56 - 2013-06-28 02:52:03 UTC
I was excited to join till I started reading your rules, now that I've finished, I'm now 55 years old and have to join FiftyPlus instead :(
Mik Nostrebor
11 Percent
#57 - 2013-06-28 05:08:14 UTC
nnaas wrote:
I was excited to join till I started reading your rules, now that I've finished, I'm now 55 years old and have to join FiftyPlus instead :(

Which rules where they that turned you away?
Mik Nostrebor
11 Percent
#58 - 2013-06-28 05:09:27 UTC
Adoricelak wrote:
you guys have 8.0 status somewhere for clone creation?

There are clone facilities in the 0.0 stations that we have 10 standing with. I myself created a clone about 2 days ago. So, yes. We do.
Mik Nostrebor
11 Percent
#59 - 2013-06-28 05:12:50 UTC
Ari Zehav wrote:
I am way past 30 (at 53 and the kids stay up later than me at this point), but this sounds interesting. I will drop by public chat tonight between 9-12 pm GMT-5 (eastern US) to check out the scene.

I know I am not ready to join, haven't finished the tutorials, but will this week, then build up through the SoE chain. THEN I will start to figure out path and corp options.

Good forum chain. I've been in MMOs for 5 years and similar groups usually work out.

Question: in other MMOs, I prefer "support" roles - the healer, the buffer, etc. What is the equivalent in EVE?

I have found also that healing can be trickier to learn than fighting. It is a good idea to find out the basics of what the fighting ships can do before trying to be a healer. This gives you an idea of who or what should be healed on the field of battle and how to keep your fleet alive longer than the other guys.

Still, there are opportunities to learn and the alliance is very good at teaching.
Lumpynurse
30plus LLC
Brave Collective
#60 - 2013-06-28 08:32:47 UTC
We have many 40+, 50+, and 60+ in corp, looking for more