These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Alliance & Corporation Recruitment Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

are you old? dont have time for the drama games? want to live in 0.0?

Author
Ares Beck
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2013-06-21 17:13:51 UTC
We are out in Immensea.
Jacklaser
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2013-06-21 18:46:30 UTC
Looking forward to talking to you all tonight. I'm new, but eager to get into the game and the right Corp.
Ryjil Xiao
Doomheim
#23 - 2013-06-21 20:49:11 UTC
Put in my application 3 times to have it denied. For no reason other than "You've been denied."

Was told later in the recruitment channel that i'd be useless in 0.0 space and that i'm too new to join.

Don't advertise that your corp is friendly and accepting of new players when it's not.

If other corp members are speaking for you, maybe it's time to clean house and get some of them out of there.

Regardless; You've lost yourself a great candidate and dedicated player. I'll find a corp that is more accepting.
Tekumze Wolf
30plus LLC
Brave Collective
#24 - 2013-06-21 21:13:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Tekumze Wolf
Heh... I figured you'd take it the wrong way as you never waited long enough to talk through all the things you needed to know.
For some reason you seemed bitter and impatient when we chatted. I haven't done anything to cause that afaik.

I checked the applications. We didn't reject you. In fact I don't see an app from you in the app history.

I would also appreciate my words being taken as they were written. I think you took them out of context and never really gave me a chance to explain my position.
The "worthless" word was never mentioned and never even crossed my mind. In a gang any player can be useful.

What I said is something I tell to all new players:

In 0.0 you will not be able to do anything alone. We're not a big corp so chances are you will be alone when you log in.
If people can't do anything alone they tend to get frustrated and stop logging in altogether.

I don't want for people to feel useless on their own. That's why I encourage new players to spend a bit of time in Empire to skill up.

Having said that we have no issues about taking anyone as long as they realize they might feel useless when nobody is around.

Personally I am also wiling to help through my alts the same way as I've done it for many that were just lucky enough for my alt to be in their vicinity while they were struggling to do stuff and learn things in empire
Lumpynurse
30plus LLC
Brave Collective
#25 - 2013-06-21 21:58:25 UTC
not sure where you applied, we have not recieved one from you much less rejected. and as tek said, we dont have a SP minimum but we live in 0.0. having the basics will help but not required. were looking to help people have fun in eve, and if your not getting what is expected it can ruin your fun, so we chat to make sure you understand what your getting into.
Mac Omon
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-06-21 23:18:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Mac Omon
We are in Z-H2MA in Immensea. Oops this reply didn' t end up where I thought it would, lol.
Out Law
30plus LLC
Brave Collective
#27 - 2013-06-22 07:28:30 UTC
We're looking for more olddder players, our corp offers free ask a nurse consultations! Plus having like minded people to kill time in a stupid addicting game that we all love
Althulas Maken
30plus LLC
Brave Collective
#28 - 2013-06-22 09:24:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Althulas Maken
Not a full member yet but have taken part in their public channel, as soon as my skills are up a little for 0.0 I will be joining them properly I'm only waiting until as per the friendly advice I have been given by existing members. So far they are a friendly bunch and I like the fact that they realise that R/L comes first and this game is about having fun. Looking forward to being fully part of 30+ Big smileBig smile
Enochx Kaine
Doomheim
#29 - 2013-06-22 19:37:21 UTC
Althulas Maken wrote:
Not a full member yet but have taken part in their public channel, as soon as my skills are up a little for 0.0 I will be joining them properly I'm only waiting until as per the friendly advice I have been given by existing members. So far they are a friendly bunch and I like the fact that they realise that R/L comes first and this game is about having fun. Looking forward to being fully part of 30+ Big smileBig smile

I wasn't able to play last night, but I have been keeping up with this thread. Seeing as I have only gotten through the career agents and am in the middle of the sisters of eve epic story arc thing, I know nothing of null sec or low sec space.

Since some of you other newer people are waiting because of your skills, I assume that would be the advice given to me as well. My question is this.........how will I know when my skills are good enough? Also, what should I do in the mean time for like money or whatever?

See I have been reading up and studying as much about htis game as I can. I haven't been this "into" a game in a long time. Probably since the first time I started playing WoW years ago. Since I got bored with WoW, I have been flip flopping back and forth through game after game trying to find another one that captivates me like WoW did. I like games that I can play for years and years and I think I have finally found it with EvE here.

But I digress.....back to my question.....how will I know when I am ready to survive in null-sec? Like I said, I have been studying this game for awhile now and my understanding of the game is as follows.....you need a career to make money and you need to sort of focus your skills as far as career and combat accordingly. You sort of need a goal I guess is what I am saying. Anyway, my plan is to do missions, salvage, and exploration to make money. You know, probing for data and archeology sites and mining those. And if any pirates get in my way, then I shall destroy them and salvage their remains.

As far as what to do with all the mats I get from doing these things....I don't know yet. I don't really know what to do with all of this stuff. I don't understand researching, invening, building, any of that.

As I re-read my post here I see I am rambling. That's just because I am so confused and probably because I have read and read and read about this game and not actually done anything IN GAME yet. How's about some pointers from my 30 and up brethren? I don't trust anyone born after 1980 anyway, so if I am going to take anyones advice, it would be yalls.

Is my plan decent? Is it bad? Is it horribly bassackwards? Am I thinking WAY too hard or not nearly hard enough? Am I thinking too much like a solo artist? I don't necessarily want to be a solo artist, I just want to be able to enjoy the game and make enough money while doing it to pvp when I decide to pvp.

Does any of this make any sense? Help dumb it down for me. Help me simplify my ambitions.

In the simpliest terms, this is what I want to do with the game. I want to PvE either running missions, complexes, exploring wormholes etc., killing NPCs and PvP'ing against other players. You know not in every session just whenever I feel like it. Like maybe one week I feel like killing a bunch of players. then another week I just want to run some missions either solo or preferably with some other people. things like that. That is my goal. Everything above is just what I was thnking would be a good way to have enough experience and money to achieve this goal.
Lumpynurse
30plus LLC
Brave Collective
#30 - 2013-06-22 22:44:17 UTC
there is no magic number, but you should be finnished with the tutorial missions. if you can fit most mods on your ship then i think thats enough. If your coming up here with very low skill points you have to understand that you will not be self sufficiant. you will have to rely on others to shoot rats etc. but, whats cool about this corp is that we dont want you for you skills or abilities, we want you because your older, and you want to hang out with like minded people. people here prefer to do things in a group rather than solo, so not being self sufficiant isnt that big of a deal.
everybody wants pvp when you want it, but in 0.0 that rarely happens, if you go on a roam looking for people to shoot, everybody is gone, if you want to be left alone in a belt to mine, every neut in the game is comming to visit. murphys law rules in 0.0 :)
McEvil
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2013-06-23 06:02:54 UTC
We are dirty old men in interweb spaceships....damn you kids get off my lawn...

Lumpynurse
30plus LLC
Brave Collective
#32 - 2013-06-23 12:42:59 UTC
still looking for older chilled pilots to hang out with
Talynn D'uan
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-06-23 18:19:34 UTC
I've just joined these guys, but from the start, dropping in the public channel, they've been fun guys to talk to and hang out with.

Also a lot of thanks to Tek for helping me ship everything out to 0.0!

If you're looking for a nice, relaxed atmosphere, where r/l isn't a hinderance (in game anyway!) then i couldn't recommend them enough :)
Out Law
30plus LLC
Brave Collective
#34 - 2013-06-24 08:16:25 UTC
Come hang out with the cool parents!
Gnasharak
Doomheim
#35 - 2013-06-24 08:35:34 UTC
31 year old male, 4 kids so I play as I can. Miner for now but intersted in all aspects of Eve. I have sent an application as well.
Lumpynurse
30plus LLC
Brave Collective
#36 - 2013-06-24 13:15:12 UTC
sent you an eve mail, we have 3 war decs atm, so high sec is more dangerous than 0.0 right now, join the chat channel and say hey. 30+ public (type it all, not just 30+ its 30+ public)
Talynn D'uan
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2013-06-25 07:24:54 UTC
Shameless bump!
Lumpynurse
30plus LLC
Brave Collective
#38 - 2013-06-25 15:16:21 UTC
come check us out, still have plenty of aspercream....
LadySoulKeeper
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-06-25 15:50:36 UTC  |  Edited by: LadySoulKeeper
I'd like to learn more about your organization i'll be on after work tonite. I live in the US central time GMT -6 I can load up TS and join you if i remember how just coming back after a couple years off. Big smile

and by the way i am a guy and 49 years old Blink

SKILLS = 257
67,107,221 points
Training queue finishes at 2013-06-26 18:22

SECURITY STATUS
LadySoulKeeper
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#40 - 2013-06-25 16:30:57 UTC
McEvil wrote:
We are dirty old men in interweb spaceships....damn you kids get off my lawn...

lol thats funny