These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tranquility Connectivity Issues - 23:15 UTC - June 15, 2013

First post First post
Author
Jess Tiki
Subsidy H.R.S.
Xagenic Freymvork
#721 - 2013-06-16 01:52:54 UTC
Melisandre Freewoman wrote:
buttersworth wrote:
Don't feel to bad, before the servers went down I set my providence to autopilot. When I came back I was podded and I can't even log in to see what happened! Took me a long time to save for that ship. Time well spent :)

http://zkillboard.com/detail/31252624/ APing through low-sec like a pro, I guess.

/facepalm
Sragir
Kshatriyas
#722 - 2013-06-16 01:53:05 UTC
Alien Wraithbane wrote:
Mordraug Stangaferro wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyYaPWasos "We Didn't Start the Flame War"

You just made my day , don't care about the Eve server no more =)) .Thank you sir for this awesome vid.

+1

Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honour matters. Their silence is your answer.

flying and dying in EVE since 2004

Pheonix One
Pheonix One Mining Corporation
Fly Fearless
#723 - 2013-06-16 01:53:09 UTC
I read about some one stating that when they started Eve 5 months ago, there was little interruption with the game. I concur with this, I started playing in 06, and don't recall issues like this occurring very often, in fact, mabe once or twice in a year or two. This however is getting just a little annoying. I very seldom get to play in the evenings, and when I get a chance, it seems something like this happens. I'm just voicing my frustration....Attention
Zona Tarlaa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#724 - 2013-06-16 01:53:14 UTC
Its funny how CCP is having these problems and being attacked right after they pair up with Sony and the PS3 for the dust launch all at the same time that microsoft is nosediving most of its ventures with really bad decisions.
Ithiria Deritan
TxivYawg
#725 - 2013-06-16 01:53:32 UTC
Heyer Vitally wrote:
Why is it always on weekends, my plans of FATassing ruined

I love you CCP, so I dont blame you

I BLAME GOD

*insert standard amarrian speach*

Blame god/ HERITIC ENSLAVE IT AND MAKE IT WORK AS CCP HAMPSTER
Maria Blick
Blick Family Enterprises
#726 - 2013-06-16 01:53:38 UTC
Not again! EVE going down during weekend evenings is the worst, since that's the only time some of us can play eve.

Also, my skill queue expires in a few hours. Hope it's back up by then.

/rant
southlive
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#727 - 2013-06-16 01:53:44 UTC
When ever the Eve goes down there is no reason to go anywhere else but the Eve online forums for all your entertainment needs.......lol

You all are great thank you for the laughs

CEO of TOYS R US. Recruitment Thread https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=340688&find=unread

Revy Aishira
Keiretsu.
#728 - 2013-06-16 01:53:52 UTC
woot \o/ butter popcorn jelly bean!
gun Solette
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#729 - 2013-06-16 01:53:56 UTC
wtf i just bought the game now i cant play ah thats ok
mr ed thehouseofed
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#730 - 2013-06-16 01:53:56 UTC
i'm watching ufc 161 Big smile good fights Big smile

i want a eve pinball machine...  confirming  CCP Cognac is best cognac

Banana2x
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#731 - 2013-06-16 01:53:57 UTC
Xa Ra Shi wrote:
AGILE the worst thing to happen to programming since COBOL

Yeah, let's all go back to waterfall methodology; that was awesome.
Cuz Uranahole
Perkone
Caldari State
#732 - 2013-06-16 01:54:03 UTC
1. Eve goes offline.
2. Apologies (maybe some lame ass SP).
3. Pretend it didn't happen.
4. Never hear about it again.
5. Repeat

Why have we not been given updates as to the status of investigations into the prior service disruptions?
Armerlite
Phantom Works Corporation
#733 - 2013-06-16 01:54:08 UTC
Oblivion Deadspace wrote:
Everytime launcher gets broke you give us free skillpoints.

Yes....lots of skill points and the problem goes away..;)
Tauren Tom
Order of the Silver Dragons
Silver Dragonz
#734 - 2013-06-16 01:54:11 UTC
Ima Spaiiiii wrote:
Tauren Tom wrote:
imahayhead Maricadie wrote:
There are too many children on here complaining that they're losing some game time or losing out on bonus mission rewards. Grow up and be thankful the devs are working on whatever issue this is.

You do realize that if this was ISP like AT&T, ComCast, Virgin, AOL etc that they would be having their asses chewed out and fines levied against them by now for excessive down time right? There's something called "reasonable expectation of services".

Show us a link of a company that has been fined for a couple hours downtime.... Can't wait to read something it would definately be entertaining.

If company's do have downtime they will generally compensate that person, CCP have been giving free SP [which I don't agree with] personally, I think people need to harden the **** up and stop asking for free ****. Just enjoy the game or go somewhere else, stop asking for your hand to be held.

http://www.masslive.com/business-news/index.ssf/2011/11/conn_attorney_general_george_jepson_prod.html

If you do the leg work, you can find more companies that have been nailed for service outages. (Power, Water, ISP's etc.) CL&P is just the most recent and largest I know of aside from Windstream which will be facing a class action lawsuit in the near future over it's "Latency Outages" AKA overselling their bandwidth reserve.
In the grand scheme of things... You're all pubbies. So HTFU.   "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood Blues
MtyRoyal
Di-Tron Heavy Industries
OnlyFleets.
#735 - 2013-06-16 01:54:16 UTC
Where is that hack replacing all of the dev's ships with Ibis's?
Bruca Nox
Blackout Brigade
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#736 - 2013-06-16 01:54:19 UTC
Admiral Manhattan wrote:
Shower: Check
Bug sprayed for ants: Check
Cleaned house: Check
Found note dated 3 years ago: Girlfriend said she couldn't take it anymore and is leaving ... lol I miss her

hahahaha such a common issue xD keep your head up! eventually you'll find some one t hat can take it xD
or at least let you do your own thing ;)
Epsilon Pares
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#737 - 2013-06-16 01:54:21 UTC
CCP Falcon thanks for all your work on this.

I love this game so much i can miss my mind link. Well I was productive and actually went out for a proper meal.

Thanks for all the grief you take from us, cause we love this game!
Alexis Antollare
Phoenix Freight
#738 - 2013-06-16 01:54:24 UTC
Ballac Stormrage wrote:
MtyRoyal wrote:
UPDATE - 01:25 UTC - Tranquility is back online in VIP Mode for testing.

"Online" does not mean accessible by players. This is happening way too often. You need to refund players accounts or extend their time.

go find a job, then you don't need to worry about payment.

Or just remember that the last two times we've been down, CCP has made it right with free SP, even though they have no obligation to do so. Use that history to have some confidence that they'll probably do something to make it right once again.

And if you can't... then go play World of Warcraft with all the 9 year olds and see if Blizzard treats you better than CCP. But I'm not holding my breath.
Killrog Killdare
NeoCom Innovations
#739 - 2013-06-16 01:54:31 UTC
Dear CCP,

If you folks don't get the servers up like right now my wife is going to think I'm available and want me to spend time with her watching another dang chick flick. I reiterate, HELP!!!!!
111kartel111
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#740 - 2013-06-16 01:54:43 UTC
BACON !!