These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I'd like to see tags4faction the way tags4sec works

Author
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#81 - 2013-06-15 16:55:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Brainless Bimbo wrote:

I put you on ignore now, read through your first comment and you sure will understand why, you may as well rethink your character name next time, yours has a racist understatement, for that alone you should get banned

ps: if you want to understand a thread you need to read the deatails not only the header
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#82 - 2013-06-15 17:05:27 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
I put you on ignore now, read through your first comment and you sure will understand why
Yes: you have no way of addressing his very valid points, especially the one showing that your problem doesn't even really exist…
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#83 - 2013-06-15 17:32:55 UTC
Tippia wrote:

Tippia, as you might know, your on my ignore list since day one, trust me i did read through some of your comments before that, we will not come together though, there is no need to continously post on my threads as i won't read it, I'm just telling you again because i see your name popup all the time, just let go, there are many other threads where you can play your game, i prefer to have serious discussion, thanks
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#84 - 2013-06-15 17:35:20 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Tippia wrote:

Tippia, as you might know, your on my ignore list since day one, trust me i did read through some of your comments before that, we will not come together though, there is no need to continously post on my threads as i won't read it, I'm just telling you again because i see your name popup all the time, just let go, there are many other threads where you can play your game, i prefer to have serious discussion, thanks

Nevermind that Tippia knows more about how the game works than pretty much everyone.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#85 - 2013-06-15 17:46:30 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Tippia wrote:

Nevermind that Tippia knows more about how the game works than pretty much everyone.

there are people who can learn a book and repeat it line by line without a mistake, but still not understanding a single word
Fey Ivory
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2013-06-15 18:05:17 UTC
OP, i have 5,89 Galante standing, 3,47 Minmatar standing, 1,72 Caldari standing, 1,32 Amarr standing, all positive, when you do missions, and faction missions, its just about looking at the consequence of them, its true at times i will have to turn some missions down, but thats what i love with Eve, things come with a price tag, you can do it all, but can is not allways the same as the smart thing, ie like most things in eve, patience !
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#87 - 2013-06-15 18:10:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Fey Ivory wrote:
OP, i have 5,89 Galante standing, 3,47 Minmatar standing, 1,72 Caldari standing, 1,32 Amarr standing, all positive, when you do missions, and faction missions, its just about looking at the consequence of them, its true at times i will have to turn some missions down, but thats what i love with Eve, things come with a price tag, you can do it all, but can is not allways the same as the smart thing, ie like most things in eve, patience !

did you play faction warfare as well?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#88 - 2013-06-15 18:17:51 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Tippia, as you might know, your on my ignore list since day one
…and that is your problem. You wilfully ignore valuable information and create problems for yourself that simply don't exist (or at least wouldn't if you instead chose to stay informed).

No matter how much you want to ignore it, the simple fact remains: your problem doesn't exist. Your solution already exists. You have just (wrongly) chosen to not make use of what's been given to you. The only way to fix that is for you to become receptive. This is a problem with you, and not with the game — nothing can (or should) be done to the game to fix you.

Quote:
there are people who can learn a book and repeat it line by line without a mistake, but still not understanding a single word
…but unfortunately, you don't qualify for this exalted position. Instead, you fail to read to begin with, and then complain about not understanding while making every mistake in the book. It all could be so easily avoided if you chose to learn instead of ignorantly opine on things you know nothing about.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#89 - 2013-06-15 19:05:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Kara Vix wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Kara Vix wrote:
Your suggestion would completely wipe out all lore in Eve. If anything I think factions should want to kill members of opposing races from start, begin at neg 10 with the two opposing factions. I recall the countless orcs I killed in everquest so the freeport guards wouldn't kill me, it was very fun to work on faction gain-gave another dimension to the game rather than just kill X because its there.

yes i agree that there might need to be some consequences, however i think there should be a better way to fight your way out of the bad standings, maybe with paying down with ISK or with tags, at the moment it seems that you can get stuck with a bad standing to the factions forever, and in addition to that, the standings go down too fast in my opinion, just run a view missions and had -2 at some already, if i would join factional warfare just for some time i would lock me out of the opponent territory for ages

Well you sound like you want absolutely no consequences for actions in this game, and this is a game where every little thing has unseen consequences that can someday get you podded. You have to either accept that Eve is an intentionally harsh universe and has rewards for its harshness or move on, though I would prefer you to stay and learn how to balance faction standings-hate to see people get hung up on the little things and leave. I currently am hated by Amarr (I can't help it-I love blowing up their shinies) but I have Amarr agents in Minmatar space for whom I can mission to repair standings. Just don't go so low in standing that you can't work for an agent and its easy to balance.

in my opinion tags4faction would be a good idea, as some agree the system right now is not perfect, you should stay open for changes, nothing is perfect from the start, there needs to be an evolution, trust me it will be for the better

when the system was implemented not all options in the game have been available compared to today, thats why adjustment needs to happen
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#90 - 2013-06-15 19:12:26 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
in my opinion tags4faction would be a good idea
So why aren't you making use of it?
Smohq Anmirorz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#91 - 2013-06-15 20:43:20 UTC
It works just fine how it is now. If you want to participate in factional warfare or take missions where you shoot up other factions' navies, that is you choice and it has consequences.

You are taking missions where you shoot other navies and then wondering why the standings go down so fast? They're going down that fast because that is what was intended. If you want to trade in the Caldari quadrant, don't shoot Caldari ships. If you want to trade in the Gallente quadrant, don't shoot Gallente ships. If you want to trade in all the quadrants, don't take missions where you shoot navy ships. Only pirate faction missions (Gurista, Serpentis, etc.)
Zircon Dasher
#92 - 2013-06-15 20:43:43 UTC
Tippia wrote:
…oh, and you can already buy faction standing for tags.

Once.

After that you are required to grind for days. That is fine if you exhibit "bot aspirant" (I think this is the new fangled term?) behavior or are ok with doing noob missions while your friends are off in some other region having fun. Not everyone thinks that inhibiting the ability to play with friends is a good thing.

All that also completely ignores the fact that it is entirely possible to ruin your standings permanently. lol Imagine if you could only recover from -5 sec standing ONCE.

Keeping people from playing with their friends because of wallets or RP is bad game design. CCP realized this a long time ago when they introduced the current standing mechanics 5(?) years ago. People are more mobile than ever and CCP should keep up with player trends.

Nerfing High-sec is never the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'YES'.

The Chronophage
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#93 - 2013-06-15 20:47:11 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
" as the character skill training is so timeconsuming I prefer just playing with my main, therefore I would prefer a better way to repair damaged faction standings"

You mean this detail? I too would like CCP to give me lots of free isk. That would save me a lot of time.

The game is designed to punish aggression against the enemy faction while rewarding you with LP from your faction. If you want to shoot people without losses in faction standing, you should be in non-fw lowsec, nullsec or wh space. Hell, you can still shoot militia members in lowsec while being OUTSIDE fw. Like in the old days where fw was really pvp instead being full of carebear LP farmers.

From your detailed whine, it is clear you just want to farm faction tags from missions and/or LP from FW whilst being too lazy to skill up a trading alt. Skip those empire faction missions, stay out of FW, and you'll have no standing problems in highsec. Unless you're dumb enough to get caught smuggling contrabands.
Zircon Dasher
#94 - 2013-06-15 20:50:05 UTC
Smohq Anmirorz wrote:
It works just fine how it is now. If you want to participate in factional warfare or take missions where you shoot up other factions' navies, that is you choice and it has consequences.

You are taking missions where you shoot other navies and then wondering why the standings go down so fast? They're going down that fast because that is what was intended. If you want to trade in the Caldari quadrant, don't shoot Caldari ships. If you want to trade in the Gallente quadrant, don't shoot Gallente ships. If you want to trade in all the quadrants, don't take missions where you shoot navy ships. Only pirate faction missions (Gurista, Serpentis, etc.)

What about folks who ruined thier standings a long time ago? Should they be forced to roll an alt or not be allowed to play with their friends because they did something to an NPC corp?

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#95 - 2013-06-15 20:50:18 UTC
Zircon Dasher wrote:
All that also completely ignores the fact that it is entirely possible to ruin your standings permanently.
Not any more. These days, it's always possible to dig yourself out of any kind of standings hole you've chosen to jump down into.

Quote:
Keeping people from playing with their friends because of wallets or RP is bad game design.
Neither of those keep people from playing with their friends. Only their (and their friends') decisions do that.
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#96 - 2013-06-15 20:52:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
Tippia wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
in my opinion tags4faction would be a good idea
So why aren't you making use of it?

Last time I checked, there's only tags4sec at the moment. Did I miss anything?

Edit: except if you mean those pretty much one-time boosts which are nothing like better (IMO) designed tags4sec...
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#97 - 2013-06-15 20:55:41 UTC
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
Data centres have been around since roughly forever and are where the idea for tags-for-sec comes from.
Smohq Anmirorz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#98 - 2013-06-15 20:59:58 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
Data centres have been around since roughly forever and are where the idea for tags-for-sec comes from.

...and everyone knows you can only do that once.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#99 - 2013-06-15 21:01:20 UTC
Smohq Anmirorz wrote:
...and everyone knows you can only do that once.
…which is plenty to get you out of trouble with the local faction so you can go pursue some new career.
Zircon Dasher
#100 - 2013-06-15 21:10:28 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Not any more. These days, it's always possible to dig yourself out of any kind of standings hole you've chosen to jump down into.

My bad. For some reason I thought even the level 1 mission agents would not talk to you at some point.

Realistically though there is not much of a change. Effectively you boned unless you are a bot who has the desire to play lvl 1 mission online for the next 300 hours. Terrible mechanic is terrible.

Quote:
Keeping people from playing with their friends because of wallets or RP is bad game design.
Neither of those keep people from playing with their friends. Only their (and their friends') decisions do that.[/quote]

LOL. This is merely semantics and you know it.