These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP stll needs to do something about cloaks

First post
Author
Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#41 - 2013-06-14 15:15:10 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:
good loving all the retards replying to this post, feels like Wow community atm

Yes, I'm getting that feeling. You'd probably feel more at home there because you don't belong with us civilised types.

sad cause i don't play wow lol
Derath Ellecon
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2013-06-14 15:15:34 UTC
Hans Zwaardhandler wrote:
Random Woman wrote:
Remove Local, problem solved. Dont hear much afk cloaking whining from the wh croud. No local seemed to have fixed it for em.

Except for the fact that, as it has been mentioned before in other threads, that wormholes are unique in a variety of ways; you actually have to probe down the wormhole entrance, the wormhole can collapse and reshuffle to another position, and you cannot cyno in a wormhole system, which prevents drops and such.

So, comparing the tired old argument of local/cloaking in lowsec/nullsec vs. wormhole space is pointless given that they are not equal.

Yes they are different, but many aspects of the comparison still hold true.

You don't need hotdrops in WH space because you can sneak an entire cloaky fleet in undetected. I'd say hotdrops are a side efffect of local as well, trying to storm in from a gate spikes local giving people time to react.

Yea wormholes collapse, others show up. Unless you want to sit inside all day from downtime there is generally no way to be absolutely sure you are alone in a system.

Bottom line however is that WH folk have learned how to deal with these situations and manage to leave their POS shields anyway.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#43 - 2013-06-14 15:15:36 UTC
It's amazing to me the lengths people go to to NOT be creative in a game about creativity.

Not going to type it all again, so I'll just quote myself from the features and ideas forum:
Quote:

-You could rat/mine in strong fleets or multiboxing. Just last week on of my alliance mates was doing anomalies with 3 Domis when a Tengu appeared and cyno'd in a gang. His 3 remote rep domis survived while killing a tengu and a talos and make the rest of them run away.

-You can rat in warp core stabbed FoF missile or drone ships. I do this a lot with a raven with 2 warp core stabs, and have done so in the past with a tengu with 2 warp core stabs and the interdiction nullifier sub system. Works with Domis and Rattlesnakes and Gilas too That way if a cloaky uncloacks and tries to point you, unless he has more than 1 scram on (or is in a HIC, which can't warp cloaked), you are IMMUNE from being tackled (the tengu is immune from being bubbled lol).

-You could rat with a Carrier at the edge of a pos shield assigning fighters + a tanked transport like an Impel. The Impel gets +2 warp strength like a Venture so add 1 warp stab and the other 6 lows are armor tank, Target painter in the mid, remote rep of some kind in the high if you can fit to emergency repair the fighters, or a tractor beam for loot since you got a lot of cargo hold lol.

-you could leave system and rat somewhere else (even works for renters going to totally unclaimed null space, the landlords tend to not mind).

-You can even bait the cloaky and kill it if/when it uncloaks (and if it never uncloaks, you know the guy was bluffing.

But rather than find creative ways to make "afk cloaking" moot, they come to the forums and beg for big brother (CCP) to intervene on their behalf. It's shameful if you ask me, to be to weak minded to play a video game successfully.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#44 - 2013-06-14 15:15:37 UTC
You've got me so confused and there's words I could use
But I'm afraid to say them
I feel I've been had and I'm boiling mad
Still I cant live without you
You don't have the time and you wont spend a dime
Not even to call me
You don't know I exist and I wouldn't be missed
If I had the nerve to quit you

Invisible -I feel like I'm invisible
You treat me like I'm not really there
And you don't really care
I know this romance - it aint going nowhere
Invisible [just like your love]
You treat me like I'm invisible
When you get the need to flirt
You do the works
You just don't care how much it hurts

I can never reach you on the phone
It rings and rings well I know you're home
It maybe naive but I just wanna believe
I'm the only one
I tell myself lies to give you alibis
Knowing your promises you'll never keep
Like a merry-go-round I'm going up going down
I'm on a dead end street

Invisible [just like your love]
I feel like I'm invisible
You treat me like I'm not really there
And you don't really care
I know this romance it aint going nowhere

Although I know it's not a lot
Don't wanna loose whatever we've got
I keep hanging on knowing I can't win
Cause it's too hard to start over again

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#45 - 2013-06-14 15:15:51 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Cry me a river of nullbear tears.

Oh, and this:

IBTL.

thanks for the link, and nice no kills at all, go crawl into your high sec hubs

You sound like a little ***** you really should stop posting.

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#46 - 2013-06-14 15:16:56 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
Would you find it annoying knowing someone is in the middle of space possibly afk, while your ratting? while in null mind you not high sec derp, no chance of finding him and having to wait hours to kill him cause a cloak does not run on cap or have a timer????

No, I won't. I enjoy making ISK with someone watching that doesn't want me to make ISK. Especially when they are cloaked up and unable to stop me. It is your own FEAR holding you back. I take great enjoyment in ratting with a cloaky in local while everybody else cowers in their POSes and stations.
Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#47 - 2013-06-14 15:17:08 UTC
RomeStar wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Cry me a river of nullbear tears.

Oh, and this:

IBTL.

thanks for the link, and nice no kills at all, go crawl into your high sec hubs

You sound like a little ***** you really should stop posting.

thank you romestar, go back to your mining
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#48 - 2013-06-14 15:17:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless
After being for so many years
the life and soul of the party
it's weird
I'm invisible
Whatever I
have said and done
doesn't matter in this chatter
and hum
I'm invisible

I'm here
but you can't see me
I'm invisible
It's queer
how gradually
I've become
invisible

Look at me
the absentee
disappearing finally
Goodbye
Is it magic or the truth?
Strange psychology?
Or justified
by the end of youth?

Can you hear me?
Can you see me?
Am I really even here?

It's too late
to find an excuse
The party's over
and I'm not much use
tonight
Am I tragic or a joke
wrapped in my invisibility cloak?

Well, quite.

I'm here
but you can't see me
I'm invisible
It's queer
how gradually
I've become
invisible

It's a journey so they say
but in this desert I was only a hazy, lazy mirage anyway
I'm invisible

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Azami Nevinyrall
#49 - 2013-06-14 15:18:59 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
CCP needs to do alot, but they won't, for multiple reasons.

It's best to get used to broken mechanics.

Now stop bitching on the forums cos your bots can't farm and you can't pay rent with RMT.

i have one account dumb **** if i was botting i'd have many in high sec doing ice belts like all the others, well till they removed them, don't like my opinion go trip on a garden hoe and impale yourself :)

If you had one acct, then you wouldn't be bitching about a random cloaky alt and just move 1 system over.

Now, stop your bitching and let the "AFK" cloaky hot drop a few dudes on your botting......eerrrr "mining" operation.

Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#50 - 2013-06-14 15:19:02 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
After being for so many years
the life and soul of the party
it's weird
I'm invisible
Whatever I
have said and done
doesn't matter in this chatter
and hum
I'm invisible

I'm here
but you can't see me
I'm invisible
It's *****
how gradually
I've become
invisible

Look at me
the absentee
disappearing finally
Goodbye
Is it magic or the truth?
Strange psychology?
Or justified
by the end of youth?

Can you hear me?
Can you see me?
Am I really even here?

It's too late
to find an excuse
The party's over
and I'm not much use
tonight
Am I tragic or a joke
wrapped in my invisibility cloak?
Well, quite.

I'm here
but you can't see me
I'm invisible
It's *****
how gradually
I've become
invisible

It's a journey so they say
but in this desert I was only a hazy, lazy mirage anyway
I'm invisible

Life and death, light and darkness, hope and despair. The rift was created, and on that day, the Ori were born. But the hatred of those who strayed from the true path festered and bloomed in the dark corners of the Avernakis to which they have been cast! And consumed by this hatred, they poisoned all they touched, bringing death, darkness and despair. And the souls of their victims knew no peace, until the Ori came and whispered to them: 'Sleep, for the end draws near!' And on that day all will rejoice, when the Ori come and lay them low.
Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#51 - 2013-06-14 15:19:32 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

Now stop bitching on the forums cos your bots can't farm and you can't pay rent with RMT.

i have one account dumb **** if i was botting i'd have many in high sec doing ice belts like all the others, well till they removed them, don't like my opinion go trip on a garden hoe and impale yourself :)

If you had one acct, then you wouldn't be bitching about a random cloaky alt and just move 1 system over.

Now, stop your bitching and let the "AFK" cloaky hot drop a few dudes on your botting......eerrrr "mining" operation.

killing rats for the 3rd time, guess some can't read
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#52 - 2013-06-14 15:21:18 UTC
Come like secret dances
Show me the shadows of your mind
Take me to a place where
There are things you`ve tried to hide

Come like cloak and dagger
Show me the madness in your stance
This just vicious lover
I`m just trying to understand

Oooooh
Oooooh
Oooooh
Oooooh

Tell me I`m the wild one
Others locked up while I ride
You`re the reason I`m stuck
Can`t you see I`ve lost my pride

Oooh, oh-ohhh
Oh-ohhh oooh
Oh-ohhh
Oh-ohhh-oooh

And I`m strung out
And wanting, wanting
And you can`t fight
Knowing that it feels right
And everything around tonight
Keeps making me lose sight

So just remember me
And all the things I wanna be
Just let me know that you believe
Just let me know that you believe

Oooh, oh-ohh
Oooh, oh-ohh

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#53 - 2013-06-14 15:21:51 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:
Would you find it annoying knowing someone is in the middle of space possibly afk, while your ratting? while in null mind you not high sec derp, no chance of finding him and having to wait hours to kill him cause a cloak does not run on cap or have a timer????

No, I won't. I enjoy making ISK with someone watching that doesn't want me to make ISK. Especially when they are cloaked up and unable to stop me. It is your own FEAR holding you back. I take great enjoyment in ratting with a cloaky in local while everybody else cowers in their POSes and stations.

A man after my own heart lol.I love talking smack in local to someone who can't mess with me even if they tried. If only these "sackless wonders" would TRY some things instead of running to mommy to kiss their boo boo, the world (of EVE ) would be a better place.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#54 - 2013-06-14 15:21:52 UTC
Since this is making the OP cry on the forums instead of playing the game, I'd say cloaking is working exactly as intended.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#55 - 2013-06-14 15:22:43 UTC
When you don't see me...
It's not a matter of going to grow
It's not a matter of time or how I feel
I'm throwing off the shadow of a better man now
What you see is what you never had
Get real
Get another
I don't exist when you don't see me
I don't exist when you're not here
What the eye don't see won't break the heart
You can make believe when we're apart
But when you leave I disappear
When you don't see me...
Oh, it's kind of different when your there
You can lease the peace of mind
You bought a mask, I put it on
You never thought to ask me
If I wear it when you're gone
Get real
Get another
When you don't see me...
You never learned
You bought me
Everything and less
I turned
You couldn't let me move
I guess, I don't deny, it don't disprove
What you see is what you lost
If I were you I wouldn't try
Get real
Get another
When you don't see me...

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#56 - 2013-06-14 15:22:43 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
sad cause i don't play wow lol

You'd like it. Blizzard are very good at catering for carebears. You can even play on a server where you can switch off PvP.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#57 - 2013-06-14 15:23:23 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

If thats the case, then why are you crying about a single cloaked player? You claim he's not affecting you, and he's doing jack all himself if he's cloaked or afk, so ... why the tears, friend?
Azami Nevinyrall
#58 - 2013-06-14 15:26:09 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

If thats the case, then why are you crying about a single cloaked player? You claim he's not affecting you, and he's doing jack all himself if he's cloaked or afk, so ... why the tears, friend?

Just quoting the obvious.

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#59 - 2013-06-14 15:27:12 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:

Life and death, light and darkness, hope and despair. The rift was created, and on that day, the Ori were born. But the hatred of those who strayed from the true path festered and bloomed in the dark corners of the Avernakis to which they have been cast! And consumed by this hatred, they poisoned all they touched, bringing death, darkness and despair. And the souls of their victims knew no peace, until the Ori came and whispered to them: 'Sleep, for the end draws near!' And on that day all will rejoice, when the Ori come and lay them low.

The Ori are space Christians who fly ships that look like toilets.

That is all

BoBoZoBo
MGroup9
#60 - 2013-06-14 15:27:37 UTC  |  Edited by: BoBoZoBo
Walton Simons wrote:
it's ok though, cloak takes no cap and you can't find the person unless he magically decloaks while afk but you know that won't happen while hes in the middle of space and there is noting there

It's OK though because cloaked ships can't shoot and AFK pilots can't see or say anything in a ship that can't do anything and you can always get off your ass and hunt him down. And of course, you are CERTAIN they are AFK as opposed to very patient.

Primary Test Subject • SmackTalker Elite