These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP stll needs to do something about cloaks

First post
Author
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#21 - 2013-06-14 15:02:27 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
not a coward been ratting with him here for past 2 hours, just saying it is broken, for someone being able to sit in the middle of space cloaked and safe,

What is he doing that is overpowered or unfair?

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-06-14 15:03:08 UTC
Shock wrote:
Personally I'm in favor of removing local in null though. The power-projection through capitals and jump-gates in combination with perfect local, heavily favors the defenders, making null PvP a more stagnant, blobby affair.

Local intell favors as much defenders as it favors aggressors, if I know you're there you also know I am point blank.

Also you should read this guy:

baltec1 wrote:
Cloak is the only counter to local.

That's it, you have tools available and tactics, don't blame others for your laziness to use them.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-06-14 15:03:44 UTC
Is there a big bad cloaker in your system that isnt letting you mine ahhhhhh do you need a hug?

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

Azami Nevinyrall
#24 - 2013-06-14 15:03:47 UTC
CCP needs to do alot, but they won't, for multiple reasons.

It's best to get used to broken mechanics.

Now stop bitching on the forums cos your bots can't farm and you can't pay rent with RMT.

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2013-06-14 15:03:48 UTC  |  Edited by: De'Veldrin
Or you know, you could bait him out and kill him.

Stupid forums re-parsing the links so they don't work.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#26 - 2013-06-14 15:04:19 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:
So basically there excuse is they do not want to fix it and leave in a over powered game mechanic?

Could you please explain how the ability to be AFK is overpowered compared to, say, being logged off. You still cannot do anything while AFK.

If you manage to die to someone that is AFK then you should probably just quit the game.

Would you find it annoying knowing someone is in the middle of space possibly afk, while your ratting? while in null mind you not high sec derp, no chance of finding him and having to wait hours to kill him cause a cloak does not run on cap or have a timer????
Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#27 - 2013-06-14 15:07:16 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
CCP needs to do alot, but they won't, for multiple reasons.

It's best to get used to broken mechanics.

Now stop bitching on the forums cos your bots can't farm and you can't pay rent with RMT.

i have one account dumb **** if i was botting i'd have many in high sec doing ice belts like all the others, well till they removed them, don't like my opinion go trip on a garden hoe and impale yourself :)
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#28 - 2013-06-14 15:08:39 UTC
Cry me a river of nullbear tears.

Oh, and this:

IBTL.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Haulie Berry
#29 - 2013-06-14 15:10:32 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
CCP stll needs to do something about cloaks, i mean seriously one click and your invisible for all day, can't do **** cause this one person wants to afk with a cyno rapier in the middle of space

it's ok though, cloak takes no cap and you can't find the person unless he magically decloaks while afk but you know that won't happen while hes in the middle of space and there is noting there

in my opinion cloaks are very op and need a nerf :) like the prices of dreads need a nerf lol

You sound like a pussy.
Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#30 - 2013-06-14 15:10:46 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Cry me a river of nullbear tears.

Oh, and this:

IBTL.

thanks for the link, and nice no kills at all, go crawl into your high sec hubs
Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#31 - 2013-06-14 15:11:09 UTC
Haulie Berry wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:
CCP stll needs to do something about cloaks, i mean seriously one click and your invisible for all day, can't do **** cause this one person wants to afk with a cyno rapier in the middle of space

it's ok though, cloak takes no cap and you can't find the person unless he magically decloaks while afk but you know that won't happen while hes in the middle of space and there is noting there

in my opinion cloaks are very op and need a nerf :) like the prices of dreads need a nerf lol

You sound like a *****.

yet i am waiting for him to fight, gotcha
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#32 - 2013-06-14 15:11:10 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
go trip on a garden hoe and impale yourself :)

You're upsetting the harmony of the forums and you need to stop.
Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#33 - 2013-06-14 15:11:43 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Walton Simons wrote:
go trip on a garden hoe and impale yourself :)

You're upsetting the harmony of the forums and you need to stop.

good loving all the retards replying to this post, feels like Wow community atm
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#34 - 2013-06-14 15:12:27 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
1. Don't be a coward.
2. If he is AFK, he can't actually do anything.
3. He can't decloak while AFK.
4. If you are so genuinely terrified by the threat of a pilot who isn't even at his computer, move to a different system.
5. Heaven forbid you set up bait for him and counter his hotdrop or whatever he is planning. Of course, being AFK, he can't actually do anything anyway.

Firstly as above.

Secondly CCP has stated any number of times that cloaking is working as intended and will not be changed.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#35 - 2013-06-14 15:13:00 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
Would you find it annoying knowing someone is in the middle of space possibly afk, while your ratting? while in null mind you not high sec derp, no chance of finding him and having to wait hours to kill him cause a cloak does not run on cap or have a timer????

Eve isn't a game designed around instant gratification so no.

What is it my business if they choose to go AFK without logging off?

If I wanted to go kill something I could think of more successful attempts than trying to shoot someone cloaked, AFK in a safe spot.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#36 - 2013-06-14 15:13:32 UTC
A cloaked player cannot prevent you doing anything. He can't activate modules unless he decloaks, and then you can engage him.

An AFK player cannot prevent you doing anything. He's not there.

If you can't handle the risks of nullsec, leave. Don't demand CCP break game balance for you.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#37 - 2013-06-14 15:13:41 UTC
She can’t see the way your eyes
Light up when you smile.
She’ll never notice how you stop and stare
Whenever she walks by.

And you can’t see me wantin' you the way you want her
But you are everything to me.

I just wanna show you
She don’t even know you,
She's never gonna love you like I want to.
And you just see right through me.
If you only knew me
We could be a beautiful
Miracle,
Unbelievable
Instead of just invisible.

There’s a fire inside of you
That can’t help but shine through.
She’s never gonna see the light
No matter what you do.

And all I think about is how to make you think of me
And everything that we could be

Like shadows in a faded light
Oh, we’re invisible.
I just wanna open your eyes
And make you realize.

I just wanna show you
She don’t even know you.
Baby, let me love you,
Let me want you.
You just see right through me
But if you only knew me
We could be a beautiful
Miracle,
Unbelievable
Instead of just invisible.

She can’t see the way your eyes
Light up when you smile.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#38 - 2013-06-14 15:13:44 UTC
Samillian wrote:
Lady Spank wrote:
1. Don't be a coward.
2. If he is AFK, he can't actually do anything.
3. He can't decloak while AFK.
4. If you are so genuinely terrified by the threat of a pilot who isn't even at his computer, move to a different system.
5. Heaven forbid you set up bait for him and counter his hotdrop or whatever he is planning. Of course, being AFK, he can't actually do anything anyway.

Firstly as above.

Secondly CCP has stated any number of times that cloaking is working as intended and will not be changed.

anyone can voice a opinion and seems alot of people have the same opinion
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#39 - 2013-06-14 15:14:22 UTC
If you nerf cloak

I can't stalk you anymore :'(

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#40 - 2013-06-14 15:14:23 UTC
Walton Simons wrote:
good loving all the retards replying to this post, feels like Wow community atm

Yes, I'm getting that feeling. You'd probably feel more at home there because you don't belong with us civilised types.