These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP stll needs to do something about cloaks

First post
Author
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#321 - 2013-06-15 12:27:53 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
AFK cloaking, the scourge of Eve. They're like teh bad man waiting in your closet for you to go to sleep to touch you.

but but but

he gives me sweeties
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#322 - 2013-06-15 14:08:51 UTC
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
You guys posting here act like you never lived in null and never for a corp that cares about their KB. In most corps you can be kicked if you loose something to a cloaky. SOP for most corps to stay POS/docked up to prevent possible loss. So you go play your alt.

I agree with the OP. Interaction should be required to remain cloaked.

If you lose a ship to a cloaky because you were reckless and stupid, then it makes sense to boot you. Why should a nullsec corp/alliance want useless carebears?

With that said, any reasonable corp/alliance wont kick you if you lose a ship in null... so long as you didn't lose it due to unimaginable levels of incompetence.

For example, if you lose a ship to a cloaky hotdropper, but the ship is reasonably fitted (not a carebearmobile), I don't imagine many corps/alliances having a problem with that.
Don Purple
Snuggle Society
Pandemic Horde
#323 - 2013-06-15 14:09:49 UTC
So... you are a null bear too scared to fly because of an afk cloaker? I came expecting something, I don't know what. got some nice tears and then somehow left angry. Lets get rid of local for you and have some real fun.

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#324 - 2013-06-15 14:14:56 UTC
A cloaked afk cloak thread, how quaint.

I thought you could only resurrect dead horses in WoW or something?

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#325 - 2013-06-15 14:32:25 UTC
Fonac wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Fonac wrote:

You dont pve in pvp fitted ships, if you do, you're wasting your time.

So much effort to bung a point or two on an armour Cane

Flying a suboptimal ship(for the job) is no good either.

Suboptimal how? Your isk per hour might drop by 1%, but oh look, suddenly you're capable of surviving or escaping an attacker!

The choice is yours, you can risk it for the better returns, or you can play it safer. Both choices are valid, it's up to you to decide

But, making that decision then demanding none of the trade offs and all of the benefits is invalid.
Typhis Deterious
NO D1C3
#326 - 2013-06-15 15:43:48 UTC
Grimpak wrote:
a kill made by an AFK cloaker is still something I haven't seen.

and I have seen things, and quite some.. things too

Holy crap. Grimmy I didn't even see you post. Long time no see brother. Still providing your voice for phone sex? :p
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#327 - 2013-06-15 15:53:57 UTC
Quote:
16. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

Thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department