These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP stll needs to do something about cloaks

First post
Author
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#281 - 2013-06-15 02:11:27 UTC
Seems to make me hard to see v0v
Black Dranzer
#282 - 2013-06-15 02:16:18 UTC
You call your presence being announced to the entire system "hard to see"?
Hans Zwaardhandler
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#283 - 2013-06-15 02:26:56 UTC
Ace Menda wrote:
Hans Zwaardhandler wrote:

Not really if you have multiple connecting gates into a single system; for a dead end system or a system at the start of a pocket, you can sit there and only have to observe one gate. When it gets to be that you have a hub system or a system with many entrances into it, covering them requires more eyes there. Whereas wormholes will have one or two entrances that they can roll in order to make sure that they can have no unexpected visitors as long as they have a vigil on the way in/out.

Isn't that the reason you are in a corporation that is in an alliance.

So you can work together.

I know that this sound weird to carebears who like to run things solo so they don't have to share.

Feel free to set up something similar in such a situation mate, I'd love to see a documentary series of you and others doing it and setting it up in low/null space in order to show the rest of us filthy carebears how it's done, since you seem to think that you are a sociable person that people like to run stuff with. vOv
Proclus Diadochu
Mar Sarrim
Red Coat Conspiracy
#284 - 2013-06-15 02:37:43 UTC
Black Dranzer wrote:
You call your presence being announced to the entire system "hard to see"?

Removing local would help out there.

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

Black Dranzer
#285 - 2013-06-15 02:42:35 UTC
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
Removing local would help out there.

It certainly would, but there are still border cases, and removing local would have wide-ranging effects.

It always comes back to intel.
Proclus Diadochu
Mar Sarrim
Red Coat Conspiracy
#286 - 2013-06-15 02:55:45 UTC
You are right. Removing local does have an effect on gameplay.

It's more fun.

Verra Keyne
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#287 - 2013-06-15 02:59:24 UTC
Don't ever leave the house, there are bad people outside.
Black Dranzer
#288 - 2013-06-15 03:00:49 UTC
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
It's more fun.

Be that as it may, I'd still like to see other changes to intel gathering beyond simply obliterating local.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#289 - 2013-06-15 03:09:36 UTC
Black Dranzer wrote:
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
It's more fun.

Be that as it may, I'd still like to see other changes to intel gathering beyond simply obliterating local.

Ok, so after removing local, what other things should be done?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Proclus Diadochu
Mar Sarrim
Red Coat Conspiracy
#290 - 2013-06-15 03:14:24 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Black Dranzer wrote:
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
It's more fun.

All systems should then be connected by temporary, time restrained shortcuts in spacetime. These connections can lead anywhere within New Eden and beyond. Might add a bit of a frontier feel to the game :)

Black Dranzer
#291 - 2013-06-15 03:18:25 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

Honestly, I'm not qualified to say. I'd be interested in seeing a sort of centralized "astrometrics" system; A sort of combination of local, dscan and system scanning interfaces. But it really is a big task that I'd have to sit down and think about for several hours.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#292 - 2013-06-15 03:19:18 UTC
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Black Dranzer wrote:
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
It's more fun.

All systems should then be connected by temporary, time restrained shortcuts in spacetime. These connections can lead anywhere within New Eden and beyond. Might add a bit of a frontier feel to the game :)

Should these temporary, time restrained shortcuts also be mass constrained?

And you need to probe them down?

Anything further?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Proclus Diadochu
Mar Sarrim
Red Coat Conspiracy
#293 - 2013-06-15 03:24:48 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Black Dranzer wrote:
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
It's more fun.

Anything further?

We may consider adding special NPC's for the bearing types, but other than that, I think we may be onto something...

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#294 - 2013-06-15 03:29:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Proclus Diadochu wrote:

Anything further?

We may consider adding special NPC's for the bearing types, but other than that, I think we may be onto something...

They already use (some form of) Sleeper AI.

Maybe they need to wisen up and learn to omnitank and do different types of damage. And learn some basic tactics, like using logistics and calling primary.

Actually if I recall, mission runners discovered what it was like to be called primary by a whole fleet. As I recall further, they exploded.

Oggat
The Adam's Family
#295 - 2013-06-15 03:30:00 UTC
When someone steals from your level 4 mission, the saying? It doesn't belong to you unless it's in your hangar.

Yea, I don't care if you have a dot on the map. It doesn't belong to you. Sorry 'bout that.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#296 - 2013-06-15 03:32:16 UTC
Oggat wrote:
When someone steals from your level 4 mission, the saying? It doesn't belong to you unless it's in your hangar.

Yea, I don't care if you have a dot on the map. It doesn't belong to you. Sorry 'bout that.

Free everyone from the shackles of sov.

E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#297 - 2013-06-15 04:03:35 UTC
Erutpar Ambient wrote:
Grimpak wrote:
a kill made by an AFK cloaker is still something I haven't seen.

and I have seen things, and quite some.. things too

You guys really love drilling this into the ground don't you.

They're called AFK campers not because they kill/cyno you while being afk. But because they're afk the vast vast vast majority of the time they're in your space. Then times when they kill you they're obviously not afk at that particular moment. But hey sometimes miners hop in pvp ships and get kills too. But you know what, nobody has ever been ganked by someone who was mining.

Afker: someone who is afk "most" of the time.
Miner: someone who mines for the majority of their income

Anyone who says "nebedy ever died to an afk cloaker" is essentially saying "nobody ever died to a miner".
Please stop playing dumb, you know what this is all about. If it was working right you wouldn't need to pretend you have trisomy 21 to make an arguement. A very very sad and unoriginal arguement.

I dont think most of them are playing. Like I said if they admit your point is valid then it makes them look even more ignorant for arguing over it and playing dumb.

They dont want to see any other point but their own.

Simple fact is if your playing the game and interacting with the game like the ice miner now does it would not effect a cloaker at all to press a button ever X minuets to remain cloaked.

ITFU
E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#298 - 2013-06-15 04:20:32 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Black Dranzer wrote:
Okay, humor me. I'm cloaked in a safespot that doesn't cross any warp paths. I have a cyno mounted, ready to deploy at any time. I have been paid a sum of isk to do this for an indeterminate amount of time. I don't log off except at downtime. When I log back in as soon as downtime is over, I immediately cloak up and set up a new safe spot.
…and all of that once again comes back to the same conclusion: this supposed “AFK cloaker” problem has nothing to do with AFK or cloaking — it's all just a bunch of other unrelated issues that people try to squeeze under a single umbrella because they believe that “AFK” has any kind of negative connotation to it.

So really: why can't people own up and simply discuss the mechanics that are causing problems for them?

People do and have go into great detail on the problems with the afk cloaker. just like always with any topic because you don’t agree with the issues you want to act like there is no issue and dismiss every valid point as invalid because you yourself are afraid you might loose something.

Clear pattern, search the topic locked threads and you will see your name and your troll buddies on every locked thread where you have repeatedly trolled it until it has become locked.
Haulie Berry
#299 - 2013-06-15 04:25:11 UTC
But seriously, it kind of smells like fish in here.
E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#300 - 2013-06-15 04:35:51 UTC
Haulie Berry wrote:
But seriously, it kind of smells like fish in here.

Ahhh speak of the devil....