These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

You kids have it so easy now-a-days...

Author
ACE McFACE
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#41 - 2013-06-14 02:29:55 UTC
I remember a time when Grandpa Bill didn't post on the forums, what a dark and hopeless time it was.

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Black Dranzer
#42 - 2013-06-14 03:27:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Black Dranzer
You know what I remember? Learning skills.

God, **** learning skills.

Incredibly stupid and arbitrary. A needless roadblock. Not fun or interesting or even useful, just an advantage that the veterans held that they didn't want to give up. They wasted two months on needless bullshit, so that means you had to as well.

I remember everybody giving slippery slope arguments, demanding the removal of other arbitrary skills, or of implants. I remember the kicking and screaming that the game was turning to casualization and that the sky was falling.

And then it came around, and people got their SP back, and I no longer felt uncomfortable recommending the game to new players.

When thinking of most MMOs, there are often points in time where you can say "here's where they went bad, and that game is dead now". Honestly, Eve has been going for 10 years, and it's better than ever. Back in my day, things weren't better. They were rustier. They were uglier. They weren't as good. CCP deserves far more praise than they get. They're the only MMO company I can think of that have managed to make a game consistently better over a period of over ten years.

Except for Incarna, obviously. I mean Jesus Christ guys, what the **** were you doing?
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#43 - 2013-06-14 04:47:22 UTC
I remember robotics being a dirt cheap NPC product... Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Tabane Shinonono
Perkone
Caldari State
#44 - 2013-06-14 05:07:02 UTC
I remember when ... people blew up their own ships for insurance fraud....
Kisha Skye
Doomheim
#45 - 2013-06-14 05:09:34 UTC
I remember that a month ago I'd never heard of this game.
BoSau Hotim
Uitraan Diversified Holdings Incorporated
#46 - 2013-06-14 05:42:07 UTC
Large Collidable Object wrote:
Indalecia wrote:
I remember waking up in the middle of the night to train a new skill.

Having started in 2005, I never did that - whenever I knew a skill would finish in the middle of the night, I switched to a long skill and reenabled the one that would finish at night in the next morning before work (or anytime convenient for me).

But more on Topic, I remember where you had to switch to the regular Keyboard for the decimal sign because on most european Keyboards Settings, the one on the numeric pad didn't work - not so long ago actually, but that made my game sooo much more convient (no sarcasm).

I remember when Large Collidable Object was the most beautiful avi on Eve... still is

I'm not a carebear... I'm a SPACE BARBIE!  Now... where's Ken?

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#47 - 2013-06-14 05:58:46 UTC
I remember when there was no Eve Online.

/thread

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Kult Altol
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2013-06-14 06:11:22 UTC
I remember when minmater slaves weren't so controversial.

Pepridge farm remembers.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Pytria Le'Danness
Placid Reborn
#49 - 2013-06-14 06:13:21 UTC
I fondly remember flying my Thorax with eight Ogres and training to get a full flight of ten on the Dominix one day...
Super spikinator
Hegemonous Conscripts
#50 - 2013-06-14 06:51:56 UTC
I remember when there wasn't any tech II.
dark heartt
#51 - 2013-06-14 07:23:00 UTC
I remember watching my friend fly NOS Domis around before I started playing Eve.
Thebriwan
LUX Uls Xystus
#52 - 2013-06-14 07:49:50 UTC
I remember the excitement that rippled the cluster when the first Titan ever was popped.
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#53 - 2013-06-14 08:09:27 UTC
I remember having to willy-nilly having to line up the d-scanner for every single scan.
Lubre Ztripp
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#54 - 2013-06-14 08:14:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Lubre Ztripp
I remember when people would post with their main.
Paknac Queltel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#55 - 2013-06-14 08:14:16 UTC
I remember when hulks roamed the belts of highsec like hungry cows. Or locusts.

I remember Hulkageddon. Pirate

I remember when wardecs were a lot cheaper.

I remember the epic cloud of Ospreys when someone thought they could dec Chribba and attack his POS.

I remember when the Crime & Punishment subforum was good- well, less bad.

Ah, fun times.
Josef Djugashvilis
#56 - 2013-06-14 08:16:39 UTC
Things I should remember from long ago, I have long forgotten.

Old age (relatively speaking) comes to the fortunate.

This is not a signature.

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#57 - 2013-06-14 08:23:47 UTC
I remember when we wore futuristic clothing.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Andrasta
Sanford and Son Salvage
#58 - 2013-06-14 08:25:19 UTC
I remember when the game launched, undocking with a smile and high hopes of conquering the universe only to get dusted and podded by m0o while undocking my newbie ship. Was no concord then and Null sec away from the action was safe sec.
Random banana
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2013-06-14 08:39:03 UTC
I remember the old drake *tears rolls down his face* and the old rifter *starts crying uncontrollably*
Tryce Jaor
Black Dragon PHP
Darwinism.
#60 - 2013-06-14 08:45:02 UTC
I remember Tiller and GingerMagician

And loving Xaeon's films, they were great pvp films.