These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

pyfa 1.15.0 (Vanguard)

First post First post First post
Author
JohnHoe
Perkone
Caldari State
#301 - 2014-03-26 12:13:09 UTC
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
Glad you fixed it!

In other news, I just pushed this thing to the master branch on GitHub: https://www.dropbox.com/s/alas7zwu0e3ivq3/racks.png

Hopefully this helps visualize slot layout =)


Excellent. This is one of the things that stops me from using pyfa as opposed to EFT. The other thing I am missing is the ability to add charges/paste to the cargo hold for easy exporting.
Dan Rae
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#302 - 2014-03-26 13:09:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Dan Rae
JohnHoe wrote:
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
Glad you fixed it!

In other news, I just pushed this thing to the master branch on GitHub: https://www.dropbox.com/s/alas7zwu0e3ivq3/racks.png

Hopefully this helps visualize slot layout =)


Excellent. This is one of the things that stops me from using pyfa as opposed to EFT. The other thing I am missing is the ability to add charges/paste to the cargo hold for easy exporting.


This would indeed be awesome and though I see it in dropbox, I have no idea how to download it and integrate it to PYFA, if someone could point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

EDIT; Got it eventually, great addition!
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#303 - 2014-03-26 15:07:59 UTC
Dan Rae wrote:
JohnHoe wrote:
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
Glad you fixed it!

In other news, I just pushed this thing to the master branch on GitHub: https://www.dropbox.com/s/alas7zwu0e3ivq3/racks.png

Hopefully this helps visualize slot layout =)


Excellent. This is one of the things that stops me from using pyfa as opposed to EFT. The other thing I am missing is the ability to add charges/paste to the cargo hold for easy exporting.


This would indeed be awesome and though I see it in dropbox, I have no idea how to download it and integrate it to PYFA, if someone could point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

EDIT; Got it eventually, great addition!


Yeah, it'll be available in the next release, however as you found out there's ways of getting it now. I should probably document that on the wiki. =D
Lazerius Bishop
Central Elite Mining Operations
#304 - 2014-03-28 11:14:24 UTC
Hi Guys,
thank you for the great tool, just a simple question.
Do I have to download the tool everytime when a new release is out, or is it possible to update directly with/from git?
I tried several git commands but with no success.

Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#305 - 2014-03-28 17:27:33 UTC
Lazerius Bishop wrote:
Hi Guys,
thank you for the great tool, just a simple question.
Do I have to download the tool everytime when a new release is out, or is it possible to update directly with/from git?
I tried several git commands but with no success.



The most recent version, v1.1.22, will notify you when an official release is ready. It'll offer a download button that will open your web browser and take you to the release details.

As for updating with git, it's possible. If you're on Windows, you can install python and run directly from source. I think it might even be possible to do it from the official Windows release, as all it is is the source files with python / dependencies bundled, tho I haven't tested this.

No idea how Mac works, and Linux you can just run from source.
Ragnen Delent
13.
Enigma Project
#306 - 2014-03-29 00:36:10 UTC
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
Carlita Desposito wrote:
"PyFa has stopped working".
I get that everytime i try running the program. Even tried reinstalling it. Any1 have any idea what creates this issue, and how to make it go away?

-Thanks.


That's way too vague. Backup your database from ~/.pyfa, delete the folder, re install new version, and try again? Has any version worked for you?


Getting a similar issue. This is the error code outputted by windows.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: pyfa.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 49180193
Fault Module Name: sqlalchemy.cresultproxy.pyd
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e9b307d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000012aa
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Deleting all associated pyfa folders (.pyfa in users, plus the pyfa installation directory in program files), no change after reinstallation. Nothing is produced in the log folder in .pyfa when this occurs.

I was able to correct the problem by deleting sqlalchemy.cresultproxy.pyd in the pyfa folder, however I am unsure what (if anything) that will impact.
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#307 - 2014-03-29 02:23:17 UTC
Deleting that file doesn't have any impact afaik. See https://github.com/DarkFenX/Pyfa/issues/6#issuecomment-27734372
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#308 - 2014-03-30 09:44:53 UTC
Great work guys!

Wanted to ask: is there any possibility to see RAPID DPS of rapid launchers?
How big damage they do with 1 full load of ammo?
How long it will take for this fit/skills set?

Thanks

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#309 - 2014-03-30 19:38:56 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Great work guys!

Wanted to ask: is there any possibility to see RAPID DPS of rapid launchers?
How big damage they do with 1 full load of ammo?
How long it will take for this fit/skills set?

Thanks


The DPS does not include the reload time unless that has been enabled in the Preferences. So the number that you see there is the DPS until the reload starts.
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#310 - 2014-04-03 04:15:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Sable Blitzmann
Had a bit of downtime tonight, thought this might be a fun project to keep me occupied. I've set up automated 'nightly' builds on my server, which can be found here:

http://blitzmann.it.cx/pyfa-nightly/

Runs every night and generates new builds if commits were made that day.
Naso Gomez
#311 - 2014-04-04 02:48:29 UTC
It seems the fall off range for Railguns is off, in game tool tip displays a little less than double what is displayed in Pyfa.

http://i.imgur.com/l95jHS7.png
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#312 - 2014-04-04 03:19:42 UTC
Naso Gomez wrote:
It seems the fall off range for Railguns is off, in game tool tip displays a little less than double what is displayed in Pyfa.

http://i.imgur.com/l95jHS7.png


These kind of things are most likely user error. Check your fitting, you implants, make sure character API is up to date.

Also, that is not enough info to start diagnosing a potential problem. Please include fit, is this all V / All 0 / custom skill set, complete picture of the fit in-game and in pyfa would be a great starting point. =)
Mikail Thiesant
Catiz is NOT my empress
#313 - 2014-04-04 08:59:57 UTC
Naso Gomez wrote:
It seems the fall off range for Railguns is off, in game tool tip displays a little less than double what is displayed in Pyfa.

http://i.imgur.com/l95jHS7.png



The "Falloff range within" in the ingame tooltip is optimal range + falloff range. If you right click your guns and check attributes, you will see pyfa is correct. The tooltip just says that after the Falloff range within value. you will do less than 50% of your dps, so maybe you should swap ammo or come closer :-) Very noob friendly, no need to sum the values for optimal and falloff together :-D



Yes and one big "Thank you!!!" to the developers. I would be lost without pyfa on my Linux machine.
Naso Gomez
#314 - 2014-04-04 22:08:10 UTC
Mikail Thiesant wrote:



The "Falloff range within" in the ingame tooltip is optimal range + falloff range. If you right click your guns and check attributes, you will see pyfa is correct. The tooltip just says that after the Falloff range within value. you will do less than 50% of your dps, so maybe you should swap ammo or come closer :-) Very noob friendly, no need to sum the values for optimal and falloff together :-D



Yes and one big "Thank you!!!" to the developers. I would be lost without pyfa on my Linux machine.


Thanks, I didn't know this is how the new tool tip worked in game. I'm getting the correct values now.
Louis Ferreira
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#315 - 2014-04-05 03:11:13 UTC
Noticed an issue.
According to pyfa you can't neut (project a neut onto) a carrier with an active triage module, a dread with an active siege module, or a marauder with an active bastion module, but this is untrue in-game
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#316 - 2014-04-05 20:27:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Sable Blitzmann
Louis Ferreira wrote:
Noticed an issue.
According to pyfa you can't neut (project a neut onto) a carrier with an active triage module, a dread with an active siege module, or a marauder with an active bastion module, but this is untrue in-game


This is a known issue and has been reported to our issue tracker: https://github.com/DarkFenX/Pyfa/issues/69

We are still unsure how to proceed at this time, but it's my intention to look into having it fixed. =)
Steven Shen
Flat Earth Believers
#317 - 2014-04-08 03:32:28 UTC
I think that the bonus of Interdictor Heretic doesn't work
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#318 - 2014-04-08 03:38:44 UTC
Steven Shen wrote:
I think that the bonus of Interdictor Heretic doesn't work

Specifics, please? Expected / actual results. For me Heretic bonuses are being applied to Light missiles, rockets, MWD sig, and armor resists just as advertised.
Blue Moonstone
Scorpions Pirate Fleet
#319 - 2014-04-08 15:49:49 UTC
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
Steven Shen wrote:
I think that the bonus of Interdictor Heretic doesn't work

Specifics, please? Expected / actual results. For me Heretic bonuses are being applied to Light missiles, rockets, MWD sig, and armor resists just as advertised.


Both Corax and Heretic can fit 7 Rocket
Corax (5% kinetic damage) fitted with Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket and one Ballistic Control System, it has 199 DPS.
However, when Heretic (5% all damage) fitted with one Ballistic Control System, it just has 126.
And I also don't know why the explosion radius and explosion velocity are different.
In Heretic, it is 18m / 180m/s, in Talwar, it is 15m / 225m/s, both ships do not have radius and velocity bouns.
So, I think there is a problem somewhere.
Blue Moonstone
Scorpions Pirate Fleet
#320 - 2014-04-08 15:58:58 UTC
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
Steven Shen wrote:
I think that the bonus of Interdictor Heretic doesn't work

Specifics, please? Expected / actual results. For me Heretic bonuses are being applied to Light missiles, rockets, MWD sig, and armor resists just as advertised.


And the same problem also exists for Flycatcher.

What's more
When fit with 7 * 200mm autocannon,
Sabre just has 163 DPS when Thrasher has 229, both of them own a 5% damage bonus.
And sabre's falloff bonus doesn't work.

For Eris,
When I try to plug a hybird weapon rigs, the power grid increases 6%, while in other ship, it should be a 2% increase.