These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

NPC corp standing loss LE podding

Author
Beliar Gray
I'm quitting Eve PV Rock I want to talk with you
#1 - 2013-06-10 21:59:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Beliar Gray
With new aggression mechanics people are allowed to kill pods if they have limited engagement with someone.
If the target is in player corp there are no repercussions.

If target is in NPC corp you lose 42.8571%
That is equal to neutral standing -> -4.29 for a single pod kill.

While that would be okay if it would be global since you couldn't before... It's not. It only applies to NPC corps.
You only get penalized for killing NPC corp players in legitimate engagements. NPC corp players are already protected versus wardecs, awoxing and thefts.

Question is, why are they also protected versus pod kills by punishing the "offenders"

This mechanics needs to be fixed. NPC corporations are safe enough without any extras like this.

Let me know what you think.
Beliar Gray
I'm quitting Eve PV Rock I want to talk with you
#2 - 2013-06-10 22:28:52 UTC
Here is a link to picture which shows the issue in question.

http://i.imgur.com/C8ay5RK.png
Beliar Gray
I'm quitting Eve PV Rock I want to talk with you
#3 - 2013-06-11 14:27:17 UTC
Looks like nobody gives a damn.
Edward Olmops
Gunboat Commando
#4 - 2013-06-11 14:39:23 UTC
Oh, I do.

You know what?
If you podkill an NPC corp player in Factional Warfare, you suffer a whooping -75% standing hit. (managed to do that for 2 FW corps before realizing what is going on).

For you who are unaware of standing mathematics: that is down from 10.0 to -5.0 in a single volley!
(and it only takes capturing like 4763 plexes to get the standing back up).

And of course we talk about a legitimate engagement: shoot the enemy militia!

So responding to the original question: YEAH IT SUCKS! (in FW even more - before I podkill hoping to kill a billion ISK pod and get some 100k LP, I really have to check whether the hopefully tackled pod is in an NPC corp -.-)

+1 for the idea to fix this.
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#5 - 2013-06-12 08:46:07 UTC
all this is weird.

with my main, who is a pirate, i do pod a LOT of ppl in lowsec, from any corp including NPC ones.

i remained around -10 for a while, but recently, i'm going up again, but i STILL kill pods

never saw such a big SS hit for a pod, -10% is the biggest i had from memory

now if you do pod em in highsec.......well....suffer the consequences, podding is NOT legal under ANY circumstance in high sec, except for solid reds (-5 and below) or wt in regards of concord.

as for FW, you can freely kill their ships, not their pods it seems, this imao is wrong you are supposed to be at war so podkills should be allowed

for duels, think it work as intended, kill his ship, but if you pod him => consequence
UKBigWolf
#6 - 2013-06-12 08:55:52 UTC  |  Edited by: UKBigWolf
seth Hendar wrote:

now if you do pod em in highsec.......well....suffer the consequences, podding is NOT legal under ANY circumstance in high sec, except for solid reds (-5 and below) or wt in regards of concord.


The aggression mechanics now allow you to pod anyone you have a limited engagement with, without concord showing up
And I think this also means you can gank someone and then kill their pod without further sec. status loss (because you've now killed them with a limited engagement flag) - though not 100% sure, not attempted it tbf

Edit: As for the OP's point, yes I think it is abit silly, I'm nearly -10 with most of the NPC corps that have players in them plus some of the Militia corps lol
Edward Olmops
Gunboat Commando
#7 - 2013-06-12 09:57:18 UTC
seth Hendar wrote:
all this is weird.

with my main, who is a pirate, i do pod a LOT of ppl in lowsec, from any corp including NPC ones.

i remained around -10 for a while, but recently, i'm going up again, but i STILL kill pods

never saw such a big SS hit for a pod, -10% is the biggest i had from memory


We are NOT discussing Security Status here, this is about Standings.
Security Status is ofc no problem in legitimate engagements - you won't lose any.
Beliar Gray
I'm quitting Eve PV Rock I want to talk with you
#8 - 2013-06-12 12:01:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Beliar Gray
seth Hendar wrote:

for duels, think it work as intended, kill his ship, but if you pod him => consequence


No consequence if you pod player corp character. Their corporations don't matter.

The mechanic where system punishes you for podding NPC corporation players is as stupid as it gets.

Why do you encourage people to stay in NPC corp CCP?
Fey Ivory
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-06-12 13:22:51 UTC
Anything we do in Eve comes with consequenses wheter its good or bad, now i can understand taking a big standing hit isent fun, but you have a choise, you dont need to pod, its your choise, and you take the hit... as for the reason its a NPC corp player, well in some cases that standing hit might be "nicer", then pissing off a player in a powerfull corp, lets asume you podded Sir Chribba or Mitten in the Goons, you sure that standing hit is worse then being hunted and targetted all the time you undock, if they choose to go after you ?

Main thing is, there need to be a consequense, going after people in npc corps thats generally not into PvP shouldent be a get out of trouble free card, and as long as we have the standing system, those pilots are employed by corps belonging to the four empires, dont pod them, if you dont want the hit, simple as that ! or suggest a new better system that gives a equal consequence
Edward Olmops
Gunboat Commando
#10 - 2013-06-12 13:56:51 UTC
Fey Ivory wrote:

Main thing is, there need to be a consequense, going after people in npc corps thats generally not into PvP shouldent be a get out of trouble free card, and as long as we have the standing system, those pilots are employed by corps belonging to the four empires, dont pod them, if you dont want the hit, simple as that ! or suggest a new better system that gives a equal consequence


So you think podding someone in the enemy FW militia NPC corp deserves a -75% standing hit while podding someone in a player corp does nothing?

Btw, if I would have KNOWN this before, I would have tried not to pod anyone, but it is documented nowhere.
And that some podkills are fine and others aren't - that is just silly.

Besides, I don't understand the politics of these FW NPC corps... kill all our ships, you're welcome, that is fine for us - but if you kill a single pod, we will hate you for EVER EVER EVER?!?!?
Beliar Gray
I'm quitting Eve PV Rock I want to talk with you
#11 - 2013-06-12 19:56:30 UTC
Edward obviously understands what I'm saying =D
Fey Ivory
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-06-12 21:34:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Fey Ivory
Edward Olmops wrote:
Fey Ivory wrote:

Main thing is, there need to be a consequense, going after people in npc corps thats generally not into PvP shouldent be a get out of trouble free card, and as long as we have the standing system, those pilots are employed by corps belonging to the four empires, dont pod them, if you dont want the hit, simple as that ! or suggest a new better system that gives a equal consequence


So you think podding someone in the enemy FW militia NPC corp deserves a -75% standing hit while podding someone in a player corp does nothing?

Btw, if I would have KNOWN this before, I would have tried not to pod anyone, but it is documented nowhere.
And that some podkills are fine and others aren't - that is just silly.

Besides, I don't understand the politics of these FW NPC corps... kill all our ships, you're welcome, that is fine for us - but if you kill a single pod, we will hate you for EVER EVER EVER?!?!?


Ewen wars have rules, i cant say i am exactly know the on that have been in our human history, but for example, shooting a jumping pilot in parachute was considered very bad in WW2, when you sank a ship, you were obliged to pick up surivors etc... sure this is Eve, but Eve do try to have a alive world, where your actions matter, im not going to say if its to much of a hit or to little, but shooting a pod from a ship you already defeated, feels like a action that would be looked badly upon.

To some extent, if Podding is a crime, and you do it while fighting for lets say the Galante in the FW, not only loose standing with the corp pilot you pod, but with Gallante as well, since your doing a criminal action enlisted by Gallante
Beliar Gray
I'm quitting Eve PV Rock I want to talk with you
#13 - 2013-06-12 22:24:35 UTC
Fey Ivory wrote:

To some extent, if Podding is a crime, and you do it while fighting for lets say the Galante in the FW, not only loose standing with the corp pilot you pod, but with Gallante as well, since your doing a criminal action enlisted by Gallante


Okay you are trolling...

I hope for your sake you aren't this stupid.
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#14 - 2013-07-02 16:55:46 UTC
Bump

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Rengerel en Distel
#15 - 2013-07-02 17:02:21 UTC
Anyone actually go through the trouble of bug reporting this? It's great to post it on the forums, but without a bug report, it's not likely to get looked at.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#16 - 2013-07-02 18:15:29 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
Anyone actually go through the trouble of bug reporting this? It's great to post it on the forums, but without a bug report, it's not likely to get looked at.

It's not a bug. It's a *feature*.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

RoAnnon
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2013-07-02 18:34:19 UTC
You pod a member of an NPC corp and your standings with that corp drop? What's the issue? Seems pretty reasonable to me. Not sure how you can compare that with a PC run/owned corp, since those are actual players who get to make up their own mind how they feel about you.

So, you're a bounty hunter. No, that ain't it at all. Then what are you? I'm a bounty hunter.

Broadcast4Reps

Eve Vegas 2015 Pub Crawl Group 9

Houston EVE Meet

Tobias Hareka
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2013-07-02 19:07:46 UTC
Edward Olmops wrote:
So you think podding someone in the enemy FW militia NPC corp deserves a -75% standing hit while podding someone in a player corp does nothing?


But you can go from +10.00 to -10.00 if they so decide.
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#19 - 2013-07-02 20:26:27 UTC
Tobias Hareka wrote:
Edward Olmops wrote:
So you think podding someone in the enemy FW militia NPC corp deserves a -75% standing hit while podding someone in a player corp does nothing?


But you can go from +10.00 to -10.00 if they so decide.

But it has ZERO impact on you while NPC corporations own stations that make repairs and trading more expensive.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Tobias Hareka
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2013-07-02 21:26:58 UTC
Arya Regnar wrote:
Tobias Hareka wrote:
Edward Olmops wrote:
So you think podding someone in the enemy FW militia NPC corp deserves a -75% standing hit while podding someone in a player corp does nothing?


But you can go from +10.00 to -10.00 if they so decide.

But it has ZERO impact on you while NPC corporations own stations that make repairs and trading more expensive.


Grinding standing back to 6,67 or higher is easy with NPC corp. You can't grind your standing up with player corp.
123Next pageLast page