These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

! DEPRECATED -- Winter Expansion: Crucible SUMMARY (Updated 11/9)

First post
Author
Iam Widdershins
Victory or Whatever
#21 - 2011-10-22 21:27:21 UTC
David Grogan wrote:

so will miners get any reprieve to help counter the new suicide ganker ship griefers are getting?

not that i really care for afk miners but if they cant mine without being ganked all the time, im sure alot will drop their subs for that account(s) which will only serve to hurt Eve online as a whole due to less revenue and more staff layoffs.

You'd best be trolling. Suicide ganking doesn't have a very large effect on miner subscription rate, nor could suicide ganking become that prevalent, nor will the new ships necessarily be any better for suiciding. If anything they will be about as effective but cost significantly more.

They are far more likely to just end up doing what they were meant to, which is provide a much more solid and currently absent stepping stone between Cruisers and Battleships, which can only help the new player experience (a couple weeks or more into the game of course).



Evenus Battuta wrote:
Old turret icons back

Correctus, I believe that was mentioned as coming this expansion. Adding it to the list.



JC Anderson wrote:

Actually if I remember correctly, I do believe the 2nd battlecruiser for each race was in the very same patch with the tier 3 battleships. You know, back when the Caldari were stuck with the Ferox as their only bc?

In any sense, it's fitting that we will see yet another BC. Though I have always wished we would see the hurricane hull used for some new class of tech 2 battlecruisers. ;) But I guess that isn't all that likely.

That's a good point, you're right. And yes, I myself am being a **** and hoping for T2 hurricanes along the lines of "Admiral Ships" (prerequisite: Command Ships V) with 8 guns, a strong tank, and double damage bonus.

I really do hope that CCP finds a niche to fill with some more T2 Battlecruisers in the future though.

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

Iam Widdershins
Victory or Whatever
#22 - 2011-10-22 21:27:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Iam Widdershins
Renan Ruivo wrote:
They are not turning "lag" into a feature. They are featuring a feature that is aimed at dealing with lag. There's a difference....

i think....

I know, I was just poking fun at CCP. It's a fantastic idea, and in a game that is as technologically impossible to serve as EVE I believe CCP does a fantastic job in that 1000 man fleet fights work at all. This incredibly difficult to achieve.



Zendoren wrote:
New Capital Cyno effects

Adding to the list!



Breaker77 wrote:

I guess T3 ships are not combat ships Sad

D'oh! Good call sir. I didn't even think of them, they are all so weird and lumpy looking. Like the Vogon Deconstructer ships Constructor Fleet. You could say that they are the first outright designed ship models, since T3s are just a bunch of parts designed to sort of go together...




Lipbite wrote:
TL;DR No new content

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
So... no NEx store... no Incarna... no casual content... no solo content... no PvE content...

Why should I keep paying to play this game?

My goodness you people are incessant whiners. That is just sad.

As I have been taught and had reinforced in my head countless times over the last two years, "content" in EVE is not what CCP makes for you to do once or twice. That's what Blizzard does. If you want that, then I am dead serious -- go play WoW. That's what that whole game is about. In EVE, "Content" is when you go out and get a fight out of some actual players. The great news is, you can do this to absolutely anyone who plays the game! We're all on one server here! So quit mucking up my day with your sickening whinering and man up.

Plus, CCP did mention in the past that they have a small team dedicated to ongoing content creation in new expansions, largely focused on fleshing out the deadspace complexes for each pirate faction from 1/10 to 10/10 and making sure that all deadspace modules drop somewhere in the game. I don't know if they already finished this with the last release (B-Type EANMs are available now, etc.), but even if they did I highly doubt you've run them all. Please be quiet.

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#23 - 2011-10-22 22:35:56 UTC
T3's are just multi-role ships that cost at least 4x as much as any other role-ship its supposed to be filling in for.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#24 - 2011-10-22 22:43:41 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
We will conduct extensive perfromance testing to ensure that these two assets do not add extra strain to players computers



Is this going to be like the kind of testing for strain that you guys did when Incarna was released? I just need to know if I should upgrade my water cooling system or not...
Iam Widdershins
Victory or Whatever
#25 - 2011-10-22 22:46:01 UTC
OP updated with links and missing items. Keep it rolling!

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

David Grogan
NerdHerd
#26 - 2011-10-22 23:00:36 UTC  |  Edited by: David Grogan
Iam Widdershins wrote:

You'd best be trolling. Suicide ganking doesn't have a very large effect on miner subscription rate, nor could suicide ganking become that prevalent, nor will the new ships necessarily be any better for suiciding. If anything they will be about as effective but cost significantly more.


bullcrap........... for one thing and even by goon's own admission the new tier 3 bc will be way better to suicide gank in.
why?
1. less cost than a bs yet same dps (tank doesnt matter a sh1t for suicide gankers)
2. it will fit inside an orca so easy to warp a nuetral orca on top of a miner along with the suicide ganker in a pod and pull the tier3 bc out and gank the miner
3. a bc locks alot faster than a bs does
4. a bc moves alot faster than a bs does

look at how many miners are mining in gallente and caldari space right now...............a lot lot less than it was before goons started the ganking

Everytime you buy something that says "made in china" you are helping the rising unemployment in your own country unless you are from china, Buy locally produced goods and help create more jobs.

Rhaegor Stormborn
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2011-10-22 23:09:59 UTC
For the first time in a long time, I want to say thank you CCP for these upcoming changes.
Iam Widdershins
Victory or Whatever
#28 - 2011-10-22 23:36:03 UTC
David Grogan wrote:
Iam Widdershins wrote:

You'd best be trolling. Suicide ganking doesn't have a very large effect on miner subscription rate, nor could suicide ganking become that prevalent, nor will the new ships necessarily be any better for suiciding. If anything they will be about as effective but cost significantly more.


bullcrap........... for one thing and even by goon's own admission the new tier 3 bc will be way better to suicide gank in.
why?
1. less cost than a bs yet same dps (tank doesnt matter a **** for suicide gankers)
2. it will fit inside an orca so easy to warp a nuetral orca on top of a miner along with the suicide ganker in a pod and pull the tier3 bc out and gank the miner
3. a bc locks alot faster than a bs does
4. a bc moves alot faster than a bs does

look at how many miners are mining in gallente and caldari space right now...............a lot lot less than it was before goons started the ganking

Calm the hell down mate.

From the looks of it, the Tornado will have 6 turrets -- probably with a rate of fire bonus, not a damage bonus -- so chances are it won't have super great alpha. A Brutix or autocannon Hurricane will probably still be able to do more damage in a single gank.

Honestly, who knows how this is going to turn out. You're already assuming that all these things will make the new 3T BCs the perfect ganking ships ("less cost than a bs yet same dps") and lamenting that EVE will be over and all the miners will quit. Please get real.

Plus, miners don't actually have that big an effect on the global economy anyway, not nearly as much as you'd think. The majority of minerals used in production come from reprocessed mission loot right now.

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

SMT008
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#29 - 2011-10-22 23:48:00 UTC
OR....Miners could go and mine somewhere else.

I know, it might be strange for some peoples but hey.

If you don't want to tank your ship/organize/do something clever/watch your overview, then you can also mine ice in Minmatar space or Amarr space. Low risk, low reward. Isn't that how it was before the Ice Interdiction ?

CCP, you're doing AN AWESOME JOB right now. Like, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to wait right now :D

Battlefield 3 will help us all to take a deep breath before going balls deep in some hybrid, slowmotion action :D
Reilly Duvolle
Hydra Squadron
#30 - 2011-10-23 00:31:44 UTC
Actually, the Black Ops and Marauder classes of battleships, the Heavy Interdictors, the Jump Freighters and the Electronic Attack Frigates came along with Trinity

The Navy Scorpion, Armageddon, Typhoon and Dominix came along with Emyrean Age
Iam Widdershins
Victory or Whatever
#31 - 2011-10-23 00:35:01 UTC
One of my biggest interests in this upcoming patch is the new ships. More ship names and behaviors to learn and adapt to in PVP, for the first time since early 2009!

My main concern is, what weapons systems and bonuses will the new battlecruisers have? I'm really hoping the Caldari one is missiles, so we can just be outright 800mm/1400mm Tornados, Megapulse/Tachyon Harbingers, Torpedo Drakes, and Neutron Blaster Myrms. Ideally the Caldari one could get a target painting bonus too :O

If they do decide to go with guns I will be interested too. Not perfectly happy, but interested. I'd like to see an outright shield/blasterdps platform.

I'm also wondering what kind of drone bay the Gallente one will have. Will they be going for blaster platform, or will there finally be a fourth ship (dominix, ishtar, sin) with a full complement of bonused drones? Or will it be both?



Reilly Duvolle wrote:
Actually, the Black Ops and Marauder classes of battleships, the Heavy Interdictors, the Jump Freighters and the Electronic Attack Frigates came along with Trinity

The Navy Scorpion, Armageddon, Typhoon and Dominix came along with Emyrean Age

I'm not sure who or what you're correcting, but you are factually correct.

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

Reilly Duvolle
Hydra Squadron
#32 - 2011-10-23 00:51:24 UTC
Iam Widdershins wrote:


Reilly Duvolle wrote:
Actually, the Black Ops and Marauder classes of battleships, the Heavy Interdictors, the Jump Freighters and the Electronic Attack Frigates came along with Trinity

The Navy Scorpion, Armageddon, Typhoon and Dominix came along with Emyrean Age

I'm not sure who or what you're correcting, but you are factually correct.



The op claims that before T3s the last new combat ships was the Tier 3 BS which came in Revelations I
Iam Widdershins
Victory or Whatever
#33 - 2011-10-23 01:00:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Iam Widdershins
Reilly Duvolle wrote:
Iam Widdershins wrote:


Reilly Duvolle wrote:
Actually, the Black Ops and Marauder classes of battleships, the Heavy Interdictors, the Jump Freighters and the Electronic Attack Frigates came along with Trinity

The Navy Scorpion, Armageddon, Typhoon and Dominix came along with Emyrean Age

I'm not sure who or what you're correcting, but you are factually correct.



The op claims that before T3s the last new combat ships was the Tier 3 BS which came in Revelations I

Combat ship MODELS, mate. The Foon, Nominix, Neddon, and Snorpion are obviously using already-existing ship models. The only real difference I've noticed is that the Typhoon Fleet Issue has the old scaffolding on it (F*** yeah).

And, yes, of course there's the new Scorpion model. But that was just a replacement of an old model, so we lost one at the same time! STOP BEING PEDANTIC I AM EXCITED FOR THE UPSIDEDOWNMYRMIDON OK

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#34 - 2011-10-23 01:09:01 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
Iam Widdershins wrote:
Here is a brief topical summary of upcoming changes CCP has announced or mentioned in the past few months:


Mechanical changes:

1. New ships: 3rd tier battlecruisers with oversized guns, with the first significant (read: non-supercap) new combat ship hull models added to the game since 3rd tier BATTLESHIPS back in Revelations I in late 2006 (even before overheating!)

2. New T2 modules (specifics unannounced!)

3. Adjustments to Assault Frigate bonuses and hybrid weapons

4. Adjustments and balancing to capitals and super-capitals (exact changes to fighter drones seem not to be set in stone)

5. Time dialation: Maybe not so much lag now (lol lag is becoming a feature ♥)

6. Something about starbase logistics management (specifics unannounced!)

7. Something with Faction Warfare (specifics unannounced!)

8. Something with new EWAR drones (specifics unannounced!)

9. Something about T2 rigs manufacturing (specifics unannounced! possibly t1->t2 salvage conversion)

10. Player-deployed Customs Offices for P.I.

11. Possibly more ongoing changes coming to Nullsec and sovereignty dynamics (as discussed in August), possibly related to #6


Cosmetic & Metagame changes:

12. Implants on pod killmails

13. *Ship Spinning(*already out!)

14. New font

15. New nebulae backgrounds

16. New captains' quarters, one for each race now

17. The glorious return of Engine Trails!

18. Some petition changes (categories for Stuck Character, additional details to be announced)



I don't know about you guys, but I look forward to reading text clearly, while looking at engine trails streaming behind my torpedo-Drake in front of a gorgeous new background, while blowing up pods and customs offices in slow motion.


15. New nebulae backgrounds

17. The glorious return of Engine Trails!

As per this post, the above quoted parts are in development. We will conduct extensive perfromance testing to ensure that these two assets do not add extra strain to players computers.

Expect new Community 'In Development' video blogs with more info in the coming weeks Smile



CCP,

You guys are trying really hard to make us happy.

We like this, tell your bosses. Keep it up.

At this rate, I might actually re-up my account before it runs out of time.

With apprehensive and cautious optimism,

Alia
Bane Loppknow
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2011-10-23 01:09:01 UTC
Nyio wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:
We will conduct extensive perfromance testing to ensure that these two assets do not add extra strain to players computers.


This won't be a huge issue though, since you forced us to upgrade them. P


Made me giggle.
Cur
Back Door Burglars
#36 - 2011-10-23 01:27:50 UTC
Watch what they do - not what they say

So far - im very impressed

Keep it up - show us results - and it'll be no time till we're sitting all together around the campfire playing soggy sao's with CCP again.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#37 - 2011-10-23 01:50:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Cur wrote:
Watch what they do - not what they say

So far - im very impressed

Keep it up - show us results - and it'll be no time till we're sitting all together around the campfire playing soggy sao's with CCP again.


I'm so sorry, multi player environments and mini games were cancelled.

You can't have both worlds apparently. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#38 - 2011-10-23 01:51:16 UTC
Iam Widdershins wrote:
If they do decide to go with guns I will be interested too. Not perfectly happy, but interested. I'd like to see an outright shield/blasterdps platform.


A Ferox?
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#39 - 2011-10-23 01:52:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
non judgement wrote:
Iam Widdershins wrote:
If they do decide to go with guns I will be interested too. Not perfectly happy, but interested. I'd like to see an outright shield/blasterdps platform.


A Ferox?


Perhaps he meant one that didn't suck? Smile

Kidding.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Byteflux
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#40 - 2011-10-23 02:30:26 UTC
This is looking hawt CCP. Keep up the good work.