These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EFT v2.35 - Citadel

Author
Duncan Anthrax
Absolute Order XVI
Absolute Honor
#1641 - 2013-09-12 22:21:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Duncan Anthrax
I tried upgrading from Version 2.17 to 2.20.1 following the FAQ directions. I got access violations when trying to launch. The GUI did come up but no ships or modules were shown. Did some troubleshooting and if I copy my data into the new version (at least for ships.dat), the new version doesn't like it. I was able to move over my characters and copy my setups over. Hope this helps anyone else who might be upgrading from an older version.

Thanks to the dev team for spending their resources to produce this tool, it is really helpful.
Archa4 Badasaz
Vangazhi
#1642 - 2013-09-13 09:04:12 UTC
Duncan Anthrax wrote:
I tried upgrading from Version 2.17 to 2.20.1 following the FAQ directions. I got access violations when trying to launch. The GUI did come up but no ships or modules were shown. Did some troubleshooting and if I copy my data into the new version (at least for ships.dat), the new version doesn't like it. I was able to move over my characters and copy my setups over. Hope this helps anyone else who might be upgrading from an older version.

Thanks to the dev team for spending their resources to produce this tool, it is really helpful.

You are doing something wrong, please read the FAQ again.
You have to copy 2 folders (Characters and Setups) and config.ini.
Data you don't need to copy, this folder is one of those that contains the updated information about stuff like ships
Markku Laaksonen
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1643 - 2013-09-13 13:42:35 UTC
The Nighthawk has a damage bonus to kinetic, but when I swap out ammo types from scourge to something else I don't see a change in DPS.

What's going on with that?

DUST 514 Recruit Code - https://dust514.com/recruit/zluCyb/

EVE Buddy Invite - https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=047203f1-4124-42a1-b36f-39ca8ae5d6e2&action=buddy

Kery Nysell
#1644 - 2013-09-13 16:53:16 UTC
Duncan Anthrax wrote:

I had that problem too once, in my case it was the unpacking process that went wrong : I forgot to copy the arborescence of folders in the EFT folder.

Like Archa4 Badasaz said, to keep your settings and characters, you only need to copy their specific folders ... even tough I don't even do that, the .zip files of the new versions usually don't have those folders anyway ...

ShadowandLight
Trigger Happy Capsuleers
#1645 - 2013-09-14 05:45:44 UTC
big issue, but it could be just me... EFT refuses to save fits when I close out of the program, forcing me to re create fittings everytime I open up the program.

This seems to be affecting the recent version.
Car Pe Diem
Doomheim
#1646 - 2013-09-14 11:40:18 UTC
Gripen wrote:

Car Pe Diem wrote:
EFT creates the file, the file is visible in the import window "File name" but when I click it, nothing shows on the right part "Please select".

I've tried exporting more of my fittings, it seems that only Prophecy is unwilling to make it into the game.

Can you upload xml file somewhere or post your Prophecy fit here for me to try to replicate this behavior?

Hi! Sorry for the delay, I've been away on work the whole week. This is the Prophecy fit.

[Prophecy, E-1 Prophecy]
Heat Sink II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Adaptive Nano Plating II

10MN Afterburner II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Cap Recharger II
Drone Navigation Computer II

Heavy Modulated Energy Beam I, Gamma M
Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Energy Locus Coordinator I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hammerhead II x5

If this doesn't show the problem, I'll try to find a site to host the .xml

/Car Pe Diem
The Spod
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1647 - 2013-09-14 13:14:50 UTC
BUG REPORT:

Eft does not recognise the glitch of drone scope chips not stack penalizing with omnidirs.
In a standard 3/3 Dominix the in game garde range is 111km optimal while in eft only 80.
LongAboveRokh Gong
Dragon.Warrior
#1648 - 2013-09-14 16:08:06 UTC
The Spod wrote:
BUG REPORT:

Eft does not recognise the glitch of drone scope chips not stack penalizing with omnidirs.
In a standard 3/3 Dominix the in game garde range is 111km optimal while in eft only 80.

yeah..i found the problem too,not only the drone scope chip...but also the drone speed augmentor..
Cheng Chai
Another Corp..
#1649 - 2013-09-15 10:28:17 UTC
How can I change the ship boni? Found a tool to change ship stats but nothing to change the ship boni.
Lynnae Suriyawong
Circle of Steel Inc.
#1650 - 2013-09-17 04:58:41 UTC
I simply cannot see tooltips anymore, and I don't know why. I have even tried the old tooltips parameter specified earlier in this thread.

Anyone have any ideas?
Dreta Isayeki
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1651 - 2013-09-17 11:16:40 UTC
In version 2.20 the Claymore has only 2 Launcher Hardpoints and 5 Turrent Hardpoints. It should be the other way around.
Chris Winter
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#1652 - 2013-09-17 17:59:01 UTC
I've also seen the issue of EFT sometimes not saving fits. No idea why, haven't noticed a pattern, other than that sometimes a ship I produced 3-4 fits for the last time I had it open won't have any fits next time.

Dreta Isayeki wrote:
In version 2.20 the Claymore has only 2 Launcher Hardpoints and 5 Turrent Hardpoints. It should be the other way around.

Already fixed. Download 2.20.1.
Lollakia Asques
Deadspace Excavations
Shadow Ultimatum
#1653 - 2013-09-17 18:03:23 UTC
Thank you for all your work with EFT.
Lucho IYI
BRUTAL GENESIS
GaNg BaNg TeAm
#1654 - 2013-09-18 02:09:09 UTC
Celestis capacitor basic recharge time is 350sec on lvl5 skills, not 300sec showed by EFT. And from there its a big change in fittings
Iova Nox
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1655 - 2013-09-18 12:04:37 UTC
Greetings Gripen,

First of all thank you for all your work. This is an awesome tool!
Would it be possible to add a sortable Meta Level Column to the Modules?

I have browsed a little bit through this thread and this seems to be a frequently asked for feature. Smile

Cheers,
Iova
Buddelschiffsmutje
Zeiteinheit
#1656 - 2013-09-21 21:01:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Buddelschiffsmutje
Suggestion:

(I think) The panel of the description in "Ship Browser" is to small.

Could you please increase the height and/or width of the description panel and/or tie the selected ship with the "Selected Item Info" panel?

Alternative: Could you show the amount of saved fittings behind a ship in "Fitting Panel"?
Toshiko Taka-Yama
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1657 - 2013-09-23 17:56:59 UTC
Hey thanks for looking out for fellow eve players...:) Great job!!Big smile
adopt
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1658 - 2013-09-24 18:44:56 UTC
ShadowandLight wrote:
big issue, but it could be just me... EFT refuses to save fits when I close out of the program, forcing me to re create fittings everytime I open up the program.

This seems to be affecting the recent version.

Open the config file in notepad and change Autosave_Interval=0 to Autosave_Interval=1
Toolkas Yasina
GO' R0V
Pandemic Horde
#1659 - 2013-09-25 17:28:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Toolkas Yasina
After trying to narrow my search in the ship browser i removed all but one "race" namely ORE (don´t ask why)

When i was trying to look at all ships again I got an error "Invalid Index" when pressing the icons to activate the other races.

Only "Special Edition" types was visible. But empty.

I´ve tried reinstalling, but to no awail.

I´ve got it... clean install and transferred all fits and characters
Diaktoros
Hermes Enterprises
#1660 - 2013-09-25 22:33:42 UTC
Is there a way to simulate getting cap/shield/armor from a logi within EFT?