These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Can we turn off the new jump animation?

First post First post First post
Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#41 - 2013-06-05 01:10:09 UTC
gulftobay wrote:
Not that it's bad, but when you're having to make a lot of jumps it gets to be a bit much

+1 for the on/off option if possible

So it's basically like buffing titan/jump bridging by making slowboating though gates more painful. Sweet.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Captian Darknipples
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2013-06-05 02:59:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Captian Darknipples
CCP BunnyVirus wrote:
Giovannui wrote:
The new jump animation introduces too much lag when multi-boxing. is there a way to turn it off? If not, please give us the ability to use the old system again.



there is no old system anymore


Ya be sure to use that in court when you getting your high and mighty anuses sued for inducing seizures in seizure prone people. Why not give us an option to turn the auto camera garbage off. Bad business is bad business.
Warcalibre
NovaTech Holdings
#43 - 2013-06-05 03:42:45 UTC
+1 for on/off option
Catabolistic
Perkone
Caldari State
#44 - 2013-06-05 04:19:03 UTC
Giovannui wrote:
The new jump animation introduces too much lag when multi-boxing. is there a way to turn it off? If not, please give us the ability to use the old system again.


Open the map then you will not see the jump animation.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#45 - 2013-06-05 04:36:17 UTC
Captian Darknipples wrote:
CCP BunnyVirus wrote:
Giovannui wrote:
The new jump animation introduces too much lag when multi-boxing. is there a way to turn it off? If not, please give us the ability to use the old system again.



there is no old system anymore


Ya be sure to use that in court when you getting your high and mighty anuses sued for inducing seizures in seizure prone people. Why not give us an option to turn the auto camera garbage off. Bad business is bad business.

There is no old business, there is only new business. Good business.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Daionnis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#46 - 2013-06-05 05:19:28 UTC
Lol cry more. I cant even play the game right now since my computer committed suicide and i am getting vicarious wood from all deez videos of jump animations...
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#47 - 2013-06-05 05:39:20 UTC
OOOOH! Can we make it either like:

  • Dr. Who Space/Time Warp
  • (or)
  • Stargate SG1 Gate Travel

Big smileBig smilePiratePirate

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Li Tiger
Deep Space Resources Ltd.
#48 - 2013-06-05 06:06:17 UTC
+1 for option to remove animation
Domino Artan
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2013-06-05 06:06:26 UTC
Random Woman wrote:

How about disabling the WH jumping animation, turning off - zoom in/ zoom out cant be that hard, and I tell you that **** is annoying as hell if you travel through WHs.


^ this.

The tunnel animation is cool, the zooming in on every gate and then having to manually zoom out is very tedious and detracts from the overall experience.
iEiClintcom
Australian universal Soldiers
#50 - 2013-06-05 06:10:12 UTC
It's setting my pacemaker off after activating a seizure. option to turn off please. Straight

Red Deck
The Tebo Corp
Herd Of Cats
#51 - 2013-06-05 06:33:39 UTC
I, too, strongly prefer the "old" jump gate animation.
Anakus
#52 - 2013-06-05 06:34:27 UTC
Gogela wrote:
OOOOH! Can we make it either like:

  • Dr. Who Space/Time Warp
  • (or)
  • Stargate SG1 Gate Travel

Big smileBig smilePiratePirate


Options, it's what it's all about :P

Maybe have the animation randomized if you don't have it turned off
Kerdrak
Querry Moon
#53 - 2013-06-05 06:37:44 UTC
If you don't like the animation I encourage you to to turn your eyes towards the closest window and look something that is far away. Not only is healthy but that prevents you from watching the animation.
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#54 - 2013-06-05 06:47:54 UTC
Maybe there is something we can remove in the graphics card support drivers that will kill the jump animation. The customers were able to figure out how to get around the stupid launcher, surely we can come up with something.

Single client low settings and I'm still seeing lag in the jump graphics - and no I don't have an old card.

And on top of everything else - after exiting station I'm getting black screens, with a few assorted in space items showing but totally not able to change my view orientation. Dumped my cache and restarted the computer. Hopefully this clears it up.



Viktor Allende
Sensi Fleets
#55 - 2013-06-05 06:49:37 UTC
Kerdrak wrote:
If you don't like the animation I encourage you to to turn your eyes towards the closest window and look something that is far away. Not only is healthy but that prevents you from watching the animation.


Roaming will be really fun if scout looking out of the window while jumping.
Stalker Dellacort
Sarpati Research Institute
#56 - 2013-06-05 06:52:00 UTC
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#57 - 2013-06-05 06:53:37 UTC
Viktor Allende wrote:
Kerdrak wrote:
If you don't like the animation I encourage you to to turn your eyes towards the closest window and look something that is far away. Not only is healthy but that prevents you from watching the animation.

Roaming will be really fun if scout looking out of the window while jumping.

then i guess you know what kind of scout you need.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Brek Blood
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2013-06-05 07:09:19 UTC
You would think that games would be more tolerant of camera rotations. sea sick much?

This is an amazing effect and it really ties together the systems so that I no longer feed like I'm playing in isolated systems. Everyone now feels connected.

Kudos CCP!
Oli Ala
Pane e Panelle
#59 - 2013-06-05 07:10:12 UTC
Giovannui wrote:
The new jump animation introduces too much lag when multi-boxing. is there a way to turn it off? If not, please give us the ability to use the old system again.


yes pl0x
Atlantis Fuanan
Wormhole Research Inc.
#60 - 2013-06-05 07:13:28 UTC
You just gotta love this community: "Hey something new?!" - "BURN IT DOWN!"

[u]Things that would make EVE better:[/u] NRDS - Remove Local - Balance Cloak - Sov-Mechanic Changes - Less QQ