These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

This is unfair. You have cheated me, CCP :(

First post
Author
Zaryte
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-06-04 17:02:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Zaryte
I'm really unhappy.. Last night before I went to bed, I had less than 24 hours left to fly the Providence freighter. I woke up this morning and got on EVE and noticed I got the 50,000 skill point compensation from CCP. So obviously, I spent it on the final portion of Amarr industrial 5 and was then going to put the remaining points into the Freighter level 1 skill so I could fly the Providence straight away.

Then, to my UTTER despair.. I see the new skill required. Advanced Spaceship command 5. This has added an additional 24 days to my training time for the Freighter and I can't help but feel like i've been cheated out of my time. My other accounts are the same distance away from the very same ship and I haven't put any time into that ship on those accounts at all. The last month of training has all been wasted.. I find myself unable to fly the ships I previously could and on top of that, the one thing I had been working towards for the last month was taken away from me just hours before getting the skills required.

All that being said, the update is good and I can see alot of work has been put into it. But I just can't get over this feeling of being cheated out of my training time. This isn't fair and i'm really unhappy that i'm one of the unfortunate ones to lose out on skill points. I know there are lots of people out there who worked around this update and basically got literally millions of FREE skill points just because they trained certain skills in certain orders. This is an unfair advantage.

To summarise:

Started training for a freighter 1 month ago.
less than 24 hours to go until all skills completed.
Odyssey is released.
24 days left for freighter all over again.

And note, that's not an additional 24 days on top of the skills i've trained. That's 24 days of different skills altogether, so the previous month of skills were mostly for nothing.

Is this really just meant to be "accepted"?

-

Edit: I was expecting this negative feedback. but i'll add this:

For all those saying I had over a year of knowing this would happen, I'm only 5 months old. I shouldn't be expected to go looking around on forums for this kind of thing. Why would I be doing that? Don't you think if I knew something like this was going to happen i'd be more prepared? Like I said, I began my training for the freighter only a month ago. I didn't even know what odyssey WAS until about 2 weeks ago.
Kangaax
Money in da bank
#2 - 2013-06-04 17:04:52 UTC
Zifrian
Aideron Robotics
#3 - 2013-06-04 17:05:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Zifrian
I wonder how man threads there will be today of people admitting they can't do planning of any sort, even when told multiple times over the past year it was coming, with pictures no less.

In other news, I think it would be really cool if we could put smilies in thread titles.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Rees Noturana
Red Rock Mining Company
#4 - 2013-06-04 17:06:03 UTC
CCP did a great job in communicating all the skill changes coming in Odyssey. Seriously.

Reading dev blogs is always a good idea.

_ _

Haulie Berry
#5 - 2013-06-04 17:07:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Haulie Berry
Zaryte wrote:


And note, that's not an additional 24 days on top of the skills i've trained. That's 24 days of different skills altogether, so the previous month of skills were mostly for nothing.

Is this really just meant to be "accepted"?


Well, why not? It's not like these changes are some kind of surprise. They're extremely old news. You waited to the last minute, didn't get the skill injected in time, and got burned.

It was entirely within your power to avoid this, so why shouldn't you have to accept it?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2013-06-04 17:08:16 UTC
On the bright side, you no longer need a racial industrial 5. Sadly, you never read the devblog

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

De'Veldrin
Adversity.
Psychotic Tendencies.
#7 - 2013-06-04 17:08:17 UTC
Today is the day that the 99% of the players who do not read the forums and dev blogs because "Well, why bother" come to regret that decision.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

handige harrie
Vereenigde Handels Compagnie
#8 - 2013-06-04 17:09:30 UTC
this thread is the reason we need negrep

Baddest poster ever

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#9 - 2013-06-04 17:09:54 UTC
Zaryte wrote:
Then, to my UTTER despair.. I see the new skill required. Advanced Spaceship command 5.


CCP has been pulling out all the stops to let people know about that and other prerequisite changes for months now.

Zaryte wrote:
The last month of training has all been wasted.. I find myself unable to fly the ships I previously could


You have the relevant industrial skill at 5. That has its own uses.

What can't you fly now that you could before? Hint: Don't look at the Prerequisites tab in Show Info, just try climbing into the ship.

There was no way for CCP to make these changes that would not be painful, which is why they gave so much notice that they were making the changes. They first started talking about it late last summer.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Haulie Berry
#10 - 2013-06-04 17:13:05 UTC
Quote:
I know there are lots of people out there who worked around this update and basically got literally millions of FREE skill points just because they trained certain skills in certain orders. This is an unfair advantage.


Also, almost everything about this is wrong.
Invictra Atreides
Toward the Terra
#11 - 2013-06-04 17:23:00 UTC
Just wondering what is better "Iteron" or "Iteron V" since it takes the same time to train for both. I wonder how they gonna rework all industrial ships =/

BlogTutorials | Youtube "I don’t know everything, I just know what I know."

Kangaax
Money in da bank
#12 - 2013-06-04 17:23:43 UTC
Zaryte wrote:

For all those saying I had over a year of knowing this would happen, I'm only 5 months old. I shouldn't be expected to go looking around on forums for this kind of thing. Why would I be doing that? Don't you think if I knew something like this was going to happen i'd be more prepared? Like I said, I began my training for the freighter only a month ago. I didn't even know what odyssey WAS until about 2 weeks ago.


You are expected to keep news on what is happening to the game you're playing.
If you are 5 months old the dev blog came out one month after you started playing.
Take that as a warning that if you run around looking at clouds, you can fall in manholes.
Haulie Berry
#13 - 2013-06-04 17:25:29 UTC
Zaryte wrote:

I didn't even know what odyssey WAS until about 2 weeks ago.

My major takeaway from this is that, 2 weeks ago, when you learned what Odyssey is, you could have stopped your current training plan and began training the new requirements, and only be ~10 days away from a freighter, now.
Zak Breen
Breen Enterprises
#14 - 2013-06-04 17:26:43 UTC
Invictra Atreides wrote:
Just wondering what is better "Iteron" or "Iteron V" since it takes the same time to train for both. I wonder how they gonna rework all industrial ships =/


Depends on what you haul and where you haul. Smile

Maturity, one discovers, has everything to do with the acceptance of not knowing. http://www.di.fm/spacemusic

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#15 - 2013-06-04 17:27:36 UTC
Zifrian wrote:
I wonder how man threads there will be today of people admitting they can't do planning of any sort, even when told multiple times over the past year it was coming, with pictures no less.

In other news, I think it would be really cool if we could put smilies in thread titles.


But they weren't told, ie CCP didn't come to their house, sit down with their moms and have tea before heading down into the basement (after donning gas mask) to personally alert each and every Eve player of the coming change.

How dare any of you expect people to seek out information about a game they play and pay for. For shame you people, SHAME.
Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#16 - 2013-06-04 17:30:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Rhivre
Zaryte wrote:


Edit: I was expecting this negative feedback. but i'll add this:

For all those saying I had over a year of knowing this would happen, I'm only 5 months old. I shouldn't be expected to go looking around on forums for this kind of thing. Why would I be doing that? Don't you think if I knew something like this was going to happen i'd be more prepared? Like I said, I began my training for the freighter only a month ago. I didn't even know what odyssey WAS until about 2 weeks ago.


If you dont go looking at the BIG notices on the screen, or keep up to date on stuff, you will constantly be surprised I guess

Saying you should not be expected to know what happens in a game is a valid point, but then, you should not be surprised when things happen that you did not expect to know


If you are 5 months old, and yet you knew what a freighter was, and had the 1.5bn needed to buy it, and had a use for 800k m3 of cargo on a regular enough basis to make the expense worth it, I am sure that involved using the internet somehow.


Maybe your biggest problem is that none of your corpmates read devblogs either
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#17 - 2013-06-04 17:38:35 UTC
Zaryte wrote:
Is this really just meant to be "accepted"?
Yes.

The amount of heads-up given on this change was nothing short of monumental.
Paul Panala
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-06-04 17:51:06 UTC
Yep, I agree with every single person who replied. The new skill tree was published long long ago. Sorry you had your head in the sand for the last several months. File a petition, see if CCP will exchange your skill points, my guess is they will not.

On an unrelated note: I like the new tree A LOT! Now instead of wasting time training to fly a ship you don't plan to fly, you train skills to help you fly the desired ship better. At least for the most part that is what happened.
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#19 - 2013-06-04 17:52:15 UTC
Zaryte wrote:

-

Edit: I was expecting this negative feedback. but i'll add this:

For all those saying I had over a year of knowing this would happen, I'm only 5 months old. I shouldn't be expected to go looking around on forums for this kind of thing. Why would I be doing that? Don't you think if I knew something like this was going to happen i'd be more prepared? Like I said, I began my training for the freighter only a month ago. I didn't even know what odyssey WAS until about 2 weeks ago.



That changes everything...

Wait, no it doesn't, CCP and posters in multiple forums have been talking about this for a year. Last I looked (being American and I'm bad at Math), 5 months is less than a year. If you only hear dof Odyssey 2 weeks ago, it demonstrates you haven't been paying attention to the goings on of the game you have invested time and money into.

If you are smart you will understand that this is a lesson Learned, if you are...other than smart....you will continue to complain despite the fact that it was your responsibility to keep informed.
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2013-06-04 17:52:59 UTC
Paul Panala wrote:
Yep, I agree with every single person who replied. The new skill tree was published long long ago. Sorry you had your head in the sand for the last several months. File a petition, see if CCP will exchange your skill points, my guess is they will not.

On an unrelated note: I like the new tree A LOT! Now instead of wasting time training to fly a ship you don't plan to fly, you train skills to help you fly the desired ship better. At least for the most part that is what happened.



Long overdue change if you ask me.
123Next pageLast page