These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

CCP hires Mintchip?

First post
Author
Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#21 - 2013-06-04 16:16:53 UTC
Ok I did a little research. Is this mintchip?

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Radgette
EVE Irn Bru Distribution
#22 - 2013-06-04 16:17:34 UTC
I haven't really watched any of her vids, but tbh she can't be worse than CCP Dolan so theres atleast that :P
Muad 'dib
The Nine Nine
#23 - 2013-06-04 16:20:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Muad 'dib
She better only be in charge of making the tea, because if shes allowed to touch my beloved eve at all i will be so crushed and disappointed in ccp.

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Muad 'dib
The Nine Nine
#24 - 2013-06-04 16:21:22 UTC
is this some sort of elaborate trolling?

Have i been "got" ?

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Throktar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#25 - 2013-06-04 16:23:57 UTC
Kijo Rikki wrote:

No, but at least that chic is actually cute. I have never understood the way some guys just go crazy bc a girl plays a video game. I mean, if I am going to get excited about a girl who plays games she better look like this.

Sadly though this is what you get with most of those "girls" you think you are talking to.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#26 - 2013-06-04 16:27:01 UTC
Throktar wrote:
Kijo Rikki wrote:

No, but at least that chic is actually cute. I have never understood the way some guys just go crazy bc a girl plays a video game. I mean, if I am going to get excited about a girl who plays games she better look like this.

Sadly though this is what you get with most of those "girls" you think you are talking to.

Misogyny is not an attractive trait, no matter what you may think.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-06-04 16:28:25 UTC
Who is this & what makes you think she would give CCP a bad image? They hired Michael Bolton III after he got thrown out of the 2012 charity dinner.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Anslo
Scope Works
#28 - 2013-06-04 16:33:49 UTC
No.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#29 - 2013-06-04 16:34:11 UTC
Congratulations Mintchip.

Anyone that expresses personal opinion on a video game is going to take heat for it, especially if they are an attractive girl.

I've seen far less insightful observations made by so called "major players", so I really don't have a problem with this... particularly since we have no idea what her responsibilites are going to be.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Luc Chastot
#30 - 2013-06-04 16:35:38 UTC
So? CCP can hire or fire whoever they want.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Private Pineapple
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2013-06-04 16:37:20 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Throktar wrote:
Kijo Rikki wrote:

Misogyny is not an attractive trait, no matter what you may think.

Being shallow is not the same thing as being misogynistic. I, too, have standards as to how my women should look, but I like my women a bit big. And before you spout nonsense about how I'll never find anyone, too high standards, blabla... I'm still with her :) so there is nothing wrong with having standards as well as thresholds of attraction. I actually categorize people on "mateable" and then "dateable". One must first be mateable to be dateable, and I've been very happy so far as mentioned.

Either ways, I do not support Mintchip working at CCP. It is the equivalent of letting PewDiePie work at CCP, so this is not just a *girl* thing.

Malen Nenokal
HEX Reconnaissance and Reclamation
#32 - 2013-06-04 16:38:45 UTC
What did she get hired for? I don't understand what a Youtube reviewer adds to the company besides a face for the cameras.
Winters Chill
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2013-06-04 16:40:20 UTC
I don't like her videos, I find people who play on thier gender unseemly.

But mad props if she got a job with CCP. Well done to her and all that.

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#34 - 2013-06-04 16:40:23 UTC
Gamer culture is incredibly misogynistic. Much of this thread is neckbeards going, "Oh god! A girl! At CCP! She's going to paint everything pink and put ponies on stuff, right? FIRE HER NOW. SHE CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO HAVE OPINIONS."

We have no idea what her professional experience is, or what she's hired for. She's likely very qualified for whatever position CCP hired her for.

So. Again. Whatever.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#35 - 2013-06-04 16:41:12 UTC
Private Pineapple wrote:
being misogynistic..... my women

You are right, being shallow isnt the same thing.

This is how you can be both at once

See how that works?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Stoogie
Cadre Assault Force
#36 - 2013-06-04 16:43:38 UTC
No
Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#37 - 2013-06-04 16:45:22 UTC
Gustav II Adolf wrote:
Also she doesn't even play the game.

THIS.

I stopped paying any attention her when every game she talked about wasn't Eve.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

De'Veldrin
Adversity.
Psychotic Tendencies.
#38 - 2013-06-04 16:46:12 UTC
I for one welcome Mintchip to the eve family, and wish her good luck.

All hail CCP BuyMeStuffOnAmazon.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Private Pineapple
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2013-06-04 16:48:30 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Private Pineapple wrote:
being misogynistic..... my women

You are right, being shallow isnt the same thing.

This is how you can be both at once

See how that works?

So when I say "my girl" it's misogynistic but when my girl says "my man" she's alright? I don't say it as if they are my property, it's a short way of saying "my possible love interests who are female...". But if you want to ignore context and strawman then alright I guess.

Also you have no idea how I treat my girl or anything else really, she is a bit submissive but I make sure we are 50/50 when it comes to opinions, decisions, and so on. If that is being misogynistic then so be it, we are both happy and it seems like the only person not happy with the current state of things is you.

Elise Randolph
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#40 - 2013-06-04 16:49:00 UTC
Mintchip is good people #nomadpls

~

Previous page123Next page