These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Simulation Sickness / Motion Sickness

Author
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#41 - 2013-06-06 15:44:49 UTC
Ordellus wrote:
Have people seriously sunk low enough as to come up with something like this in an effort to combat a change they do not like.

The camera tracking has been in the game for something along the lines of 6 months.... if it truly bothered you, you would have turned it off already. If odyssey magically turned it back on..... turn it off.

Problem solved. You are welcome.

we are not talking here about this

the camera is indeed reactivated, and can be turned off, as does the camera shake.

but the issue is that, both of those are included in the animation itself (for the first camera pan, and the shakes)

meaning we cannot turn em off, AND those give some player motion sickness (including myself)
Craig Bennett2th
Bennett Corp
#42 - 2013-06-06 20:13:40 UTC
Just want to bring it up so CCP can fix this problem since a few are having it. There has been a lot of studies into this, and many researchers found a simple solution. Put a very very very small dot in the middle of the view. For some reason the brain sees that dot, and says if that dot isn't moving then you aren't.

I'm not sure how big the dot has to be, but you can test this out on the test servers.

Hell is around every turn. It's your choice to go in it or not. Please check out the Rookies in EVE video playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLioOFeHwQV5yNk2vpz8wX9hihLVQEIKLt

kardjaval
Curtana Joyeuse and Durendal Security
#43 - 2013-06-06 21:28:09 UTC
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
Stalker Dellacort wrote:
I'm getting some serious motion sickness off the new stargate and jump bridge animations due to the forced camera rotation and warp tunnel effects. It's already to the point where I hate to move systems due to dealing with the animation without closing my eyes or something stupid. There needs to be a way for people to turn off the animation as I also think it is very distracting when moving around.

Pretty much this. I have been home from work for seven hours now, I undocked, made three jumps, got nauseated, made three jumps back while looking away from the monitor, docked up, and haven't been out since. Looked here for an option to turn it off, found out that there isn't one, unsubbed until said option is put in.

On the bright side, if they refuse, my corpmates who can tolerate this garbage will get a bunch of free **** when I leave.

can you contract all your crap to me? because i hate to say it, this will not be removed as it's a REPLACEMENT for the loading screen, furthermore, i would like to know how a non 3 dimensional animation is causing your motion sickness...if that animation causes your motion sickness, then the warp tunnel affect should also cause it, and it's been in for a very long time, exagerating a illness to try and get your way is very uncool...

also, if the veiwpoint shift is causing issues...wow you must never watch television, or movies, cause viewpoints shift all the time there too, even more so than eve does.

ExAstra
Echoes of Silence
#44 - 2013-06-07 05:33:39 UTC
I will agree that a particularly designed Gallente stargate needs a slight redesign so our faces don't slam through the back of them, but I am 100% fine with the animation as is.

That said, if it's truly bothering some people.. I guess CCP can make an option that tones it down.

Save the drones!

Shanlara
Weatherlight Industry
#45 - 2013-06-07 06:17:12 UTC
I have to agree with this post, however I believe the worst part of it is the by default turned on directional camera, after just two jumps I had to turn it off cause of motion sickness, the jump effect is just a matter of looking away, since most people I talk with find this annoying over time.
Previous page123