These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Odyssey Feedback

First post
Author
Meduza13
Silver Octopus
Infernal Octopus
#461 - 2013-06-06 10:49:44 UTC
Please get rid of that tripple flashing of every NPC before it die, its a real torture, soon gonna have to organize a welder's mask to do play eve. There is no need for it and only adds useless effects.

Please move undock button back where it was or at least make it possible to move.
Meduza13
Silver Octopus
Infernal Octopus
#462 - 2013-06-06 10:50:44 UTC
poppeteer wrote:
Please return the ship right click options while docked.


and this, please do
Swidgen
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#463 - 2013-06-06 10:54:09 UTC
LOL the new data/relic site hacking. I gather carbon, datasheets, hydrogen batteries, elec parts and metal scraps.... i jettison them in a can and shoot it. This is like a minigame I played when I was an infant with a mobile dangling over my crib. Ye gods it's bad.
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#464 - 2013-06-06 11:08:28 UTC
Slaver73
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#465 - 2013-06-06 11:17:05 UTC
cant switch ship inside a pos, I have to be in range of the ship m. a.

and I cant align to sigs that I scanned
Gahjek
Subsidy H.R.S.
Xagenic Freymvork
#466 - 2013-06-06 11:23:02 UTC
please set an option to turn the jump gate animation off

it was fun for 3 jumps, now its annoying and gives me a headache
On3St4B
The Untraceable
M A R A K U G A
#467 - 2013-06-06 11:48:37 UTC  |  Edited by: On3St4B
after playing a few hours , this is my feedback :

1- why remove the " scan " feature ? why auto scan every 10 seconds ?
i want to scan whenever i want , and not into a set interval .

2- why show hidden sites into the auto scan resault ?
that defines the whole purpose , hidden sites are hidden so you need to probe them out . FFS

3- that mini games is sh1t , and the luck/random factor in the loot is too high .

4- the "new" gate jumb animation gets old realy quick .
nothing to offer in gameplay , only an eye candy everyone can live without .

5- the radial menu ! what an addition !! WTF is wrong with u guys ??!?
why remove / change the simple conviniece of moving locked targets and changing there order ??
ive set the delay of the radial menu to max , and still pops up ..
does it add anything ? no .
is it anoying ? hell yea .

6- simple things such been able to set teh tab size in scaner !!!! , why is it gone ?

why ? why ? why ?

first rule is if its not broken dont fix it ..
why ruine the ui / scan so much !?!?
all in all , dont go for eye candy staff ! dont ruine the UI ..
On3St4B
The Untraceable
M A R A K U G A
#468 - 2013-06-06 11:49:49 UTC
.. delete
bowlofmilk
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#469 - 2013-06-06 12:20:56 UTC
Patching is a bit slow.

to apply (patch) a 6mb patch it takes 10-15mins Shocked


Katz Meow
Mindless Drones
#470 - 2013-06-06 12:42:39 UTC
Gahjek wrote:
please set an option to turn the jump gate animation off

it was fun for 3 jumps, now its annoying and gives me a headache


Same goes for me and multiple people in my corp, we have to close our eyes or look away to not get motion sickness and start to get a cold sweat just from jumping a gate! If you still wanna use a funny thing like that, then give us the warp animation for it, that at least doesn't make us sick.

Also, for the love of everything unholy, give us back the undock button in the lower left corner.
Zor'katar
Matari Recreation
#471 - 2013-06-06 12:52:00 UTC
People are getting way too confused about the Prerequisites tab on the Show Info on ships showing red X's and a non-zero "Total Training Time" when they can already fly the ships (because the prereqs of the prereqs changed). Can you give that area a little love? Two suggestions:

1. Make the "Total Training Time" counter traverse the requirements from the top down and only drill into skills that aren't yet trained.

2. Similarly for the nested list, either make each skill expandable/collapsible and collapse by default any skill that's already trained, or just filter out the prereqs for skills that are already trained by default and add a "Show All" checkbox for people who really want to see the whole tree.
disasteur
disasterous industries
#472 - 2013-06-06 12:55:53 UTC
On3St4B wrote:
after playing a few hours , this is my feedback :

1- why remove the " scan " feature ? why auto scan every 10 seconds ?
i want to scan whenever i want , and not into a set interval .

2- why show hidden sites into the auto scan resault ?
that defines the whole purpose , hidden sites are hidden so you need to probe them out . FFS

3- that mini games is **** , and the luck/random factor in the loot is too high .

4- the "new" gate jumb animation gets old realy quick .
nothing to offer in gameplay , only an eye candy everyone can live without .

5- the radial menu ! what an addition !! WTF is wrong with u guys ??!?
why remove / change the simple conviniece of moving locked targets and changing there order ??
ive set the delay of the radial menu to max , and still pops up ..
does it add anything ? no .
is it anoying ? hell yea .

6- simple things such been able to set teh tab size in scaner !!!! , why is it gone ?

why ? why ? why ?

first rule is if its not broken dont fix it ..
why ruine the ui / scan so much !?!?
all in all , dont go for eye candy staff ! dont ruine the UI ..



my point exactly...........

and CCP, please answer this question for once, it has been asked many times already
TheSkeptic
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#473 - 2013-06-06 13:12:58 UTC  |  Edited by: TheSkeptic
Hakaru Ishiwara wrote:
Feedback: Please give us a means for disabling the new gate animation. Even with a quad core i7, 12GB of ram and a 560 Ti GTX, the tunnel portion of the animation is choppy.


I run an i5 with 4 gig ram and 580 GTX and even with 6 clients open it's fine... sounds like your rig rather than EVE.

Edit: My feedback... move the undock button back... this was a pointless change that does little more than frustrate the player base.

...

Phext
SIGBUS
#474 - 2013-06-06 13:27:45 UTC
Katz Meow wrote:
Gahjek wrote:
please set an option to turn the jump gate animation off

it was fun for 3 jumps, now its annoying and gives me a headache


Same goes for me and multiple people in my corp, we have to close our eyes or look away to not get motion sickness and start to get a cold sweat just from jumping a gate! If you still wanna use a funny thing like that, then give us the warp animation for it, that at least doesn't make us sick.


After playing a few hours I renamed my desktop shortcut from eve-online to vomitgate-online Ugh

:wq!

Lord Jita
Lord Jita's Big Gay Corp
#475 - 2013-06-06 14:46:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Jita
UNDOCK BUTTON POSITION -- WHY?!?!?

You can easily see usability went out the window over "looks" on this change.

Either put it back or just add the original back again so we have 2 undock buttons and can use the one we like!
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#476 - 2013-06-06 15:10:39 UTC
Why is the undock button suck an issue for some people?
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#477 - 2013-06-06 15:16:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Rek Seven wrote:
Why is the undock button suck an issue for some people?


This is a feedback thread not a psychology thread.

How about explaining why its a good idea to move the undock button if thats how you feel instead of commenting on others feedback?
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#478 - 2013-06-06 15:22:59 UTC  |  Edited by: seth Hendar
TheSkeptic wrote:
Hakaru Ishiwara wrote:
Feedback: Please give us a means for disabling the new gate animation. Even with a quad core i7, 12GB of ram and a 560 Ti GTX, the tunnel portion of the animation is choppy.


I run an i5 with 4 gig ram and 580 GTX and even with 6 clients open it's fine... sounds like your rig rather than EVE.

Edit: My feedback... move the undock button back... this was a pointless change that does little more than frustrate the player base.

nope, i7 4.2ghz gtx670 16bg RAM / SSD the animation is choppy at the end of the warp tunnel

had corpmate with equivalent rig, or better, get's choppy the same, and EVERYTIME it's te same behaviour, like 2 little lags near the end of it

animation is beautiful, but choppy, bug filled, and give motion sickness, it need to go or at least we NEED to be able to deactivate it, a game that rely THAT much on gate crossing CANNOT afford said gate crossing to give animation sickness / headaches or trigger epilepsy like it does for some.

again ALL this was reported while it was brought to SISI, CCP couldn't ignored it, and yet, rushed it live without taking players feedback in account
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#479 - 2013-06-06 15:24:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:
Why is the undock button suck an issue for some people?


This is a feedback thread not a psychology thread.

How about explaining why its a good idea to move the undock button if thats how you feel instead of commenting on others feedback?


Too bad it's not a psychological thread as i see some underlying anger issues in your post Blink

There is no real reason to move it but there is no real reason the have it on the necom. It's a trivial issue and people will get used to it over time so there is no point moaning about it imo.
Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#480 - 2013-06-06 15:28:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Che Biko
I am actually quite fond of the jump effects etc. Especially when it comes to the situational awareness you get when you arrive at the next gate, and the turning of the cam towards the destination star. I get a better sense of scale.
I do think there could be some inprovement in when the tunnel effect ends, it could end a bit more close to the arrival.

I would like the buttons for undock and CQ to be smaller, they take up a bit too much of my screen real estate for my taste.