These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What are you up do during the current downtime?

First post First post First post
Author
ACE McFACE
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2013-06-03 11:58:15 UTC
VICE VAULT wrote:
played some crysis 1, need to play through 2 as i recently purchased 3 and dont quite get the storyline just yet,

got on top of some housework

spent some time with the fam :)

I played some Crysis 3, never got around to finishing it since my save was lost when I was about half an hour from the end.

Still haven't finished it.

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#62 - 2013-06-03 11:59:50 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
a pint of iced pear cider.

Its called perry you uncivilized cave dweller :P
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#63 - 2013-06-03 12:12:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
I created Papier-mâché Ships (ok, I'm lying, I made paper airplanes out of notebook paper) and flew them around my house yelling "pew pew". I wrote names like "Shadow Serpentis" and "Dread Guristas" on the sides of them , then got my daughter and step daughter to throw quarters at me every time i "shot one down" (this simulated the fun of collecting npc bounties). Then I had my daughter shoot a rubber band at me every 30 seconds, damn Citadel Torps hurt in a living room 10 of 10.

My wife simulated null sec by always barging into the room and "awoxing" me, and by awoxing i mean "being someone whose supposed to be blue but who ruins your fun with ganking and honey-do lists".

So screw y'all panzies, I still played EVE Sunday.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#64 - 2013-06-03 12:26:39 UTC
Washed my car. went to the gym several times, painted the spare room, fixed a draw, a spot of gardening...

EVE should go down more oftenUgh
Lephus Kharne
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#65 - 2013-06-03 12:33:49 UTC
I managed to get my FC Halifax promoted to League 1 on Football Manager 2013, (currently 12th in league home form is good but have been inconsistent away. January transfer window closing soon I need to bring in a couple of star players to push for playoffs)

I also watched the following films:

Bernie
Easy A
Pitch Perfect
I give it a year
and finally 13 going on 30.

2 too many chick flicks in amongst that lot but I blame it on the fact I needed a happy feeling.
ZAKURELL0 LINDA
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#66 - 2013-06-03 12:36:00 UTC
some quality sleep, and went back to work as the dt is sunday night > monday afternoon for me.

not bad, not bad at all

RIP Iron Lady

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#67 - 2013-06-03 12:50:57 UTC
knobber Jobbler wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
a pint of iced pear cider.

Its called perry you uncivilized cave dweller :P

It said pear cider on the box and the bottles. So I call it pear cider, you pretentious hipster.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Venom13Games
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2013-06-03 12:53:29 UTC
Coached my high school men's track and field team to a second place finish at state. Three golds, two silvers, and a runner-up trophy, nothing special...

Then joined up in some community ultimate frisbee pick-up and enjoyed a few hours of the first real spring-like weather we've had all year.

Now sitting at work on a Monday morning, worrying about whether or not my skill queues were long enough to make it til tonight when I get home since I haven't been able to log in since Friday night, too afraid to check their status through the forums...
Ilkahn
Ideal Mechanisms
#69 - 2013-06-03 12:56:53 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
I created Papier-mâché Ships (ok, I'm lying, I made paper airplanes out of notebook paper) and flew them around my house yelling "pew pew". I wrote names like "Shadow Serpentis" and "Dread Guristas" on the sides of them , then got my daughter and step daughter to throw quarters at me every time i "shot one down" (this simulated the fun of collecting npc bounties). Then I had my daughter shoot a rubber band at me every 30 seconds, damn Citadel Torps hurt in a living room 10 of 10.

My wife simulated null sec by always barging into the room and "awoxing" me, and by awoxing i mean "being someone whose supposed to be blue but who ruins your fun with ganking and honey-do lists".

So screw y'all panzies, I still played EVE Sunday.

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#70 - 2013-06-03 12:58:04 UTC
We played a little game while The Event happened.

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Lord Ryan
True Xero
#71 - 2013-06-03 13:03:55 UTC
Playing GT5. Works even when the servers are down. Quality game!

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#72 - 2013-06-03 13:10:14 UTC
I went and learned how and installed and configured a Cisco Network safety Appliance.
Then I tried to get into EVE.
And had my internet drop out
So nowhere near as bad.

Oh and I went outside and played with my dog, she was very happy.
Then went and checked on a Swallow nest I have been watching.
And finally played PS2 and made many an unhappy Vanu
Rana Ash
Gradient
Electus Matari
#73 - 2013-06-03 13:17:23 UTC
Lets see, i played warframe, watched some terra nova. Looked thru other games to play, almost bought a game i couldn't afford. Made and ate a nice dinner, cursed my neighbour for BBQing steaks so i got hungry again.
More warframe and then watched jack reacher before bed..
Burseg Sardaukar
Free State Project
#74 - 2013-06-03 13:19:40 UTC
I got netflix for Arrested Development and discovered Breaking Bad seasons 1-4 on there as well. That pretty much sums up yesterday, aside from my cancer-inducing hours by my pool.

Can't wait to dual box my Dust toon and EVE toon on the same machine!

Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2013-06-03 13:29:59 UTC
I don't normally play EVE on Sundays, but my wife and I dropped off our kid at grandma's and drove out to our favorite wineries to enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest weather yesterday (and get drunk). Also played some KSP, working hard to perfect a stable and powerful launch vehicle.

CCP has no sense of humour.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#76 - 2013-06-03 13:33:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
CCP Falcon wrote:
Given the fact that our engineers are working hard to bring Tranquility back online after a rough weekend, we'd like to keep the forums as clean as possible.

This thread is for you all to discuss what's going on, and what you're up to while Tranquility is recovering from a rough weekend.

Personally, I spent most of the weekend here dealing with downtime craziness, otherwise I probably would have been out with CCP Maiden Steel looking for cats to adopt!

So, what has the outage compelled you to go out and do in the real world?

Oh also, bonus points for providing cute cat pictures :3

went to the drugstore to get some methadone Cool
Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#77 - 2013-06-03 13:39:03 UTC
Normally I wouldn't do this, but since I had the time, I found out where my enemy's FCs and Titan pilots lived and paid them a friendly visit. I had to break a few kneecaps during the friendly banter but we had a good laugh and in the coming weeks I expect a few new systems and a nice titan kill to boot. Go me! Big smile

Seriously I watched the Dover race in between frantically refreshing any media source with news on EvE, kept trying my launcher from time to time, and finally resolved myself to finishing an old game of Sins.

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2013-06-03 13:39:50 UTC
That explains a lot.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#79 - 2013-06-03 13:47:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Went for a seven mile hill walk in the Brecon Beacons, then when I got home I played an epic amount of minecraft (FtB). Built a multi-storey castle with a wizard's tower tacked on the side and a giant rubber tree plantation. Was about half way through the process of assembling a conveyer belt to convert coal into diamonds...

and then the bloody thing crashed and now I can't access that world any longer. >_<

That's the advantage to EVE. No matter how badly my client may fail, I know New Eden will still be there waiting for me once I've rebooted.

no cats involved in my weekend, sadly. One elderly terrier, however.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

EmoKidWithKantana
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2013-06-03 13:50:45 UTC