These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Tornado battleganker - the horror of poor hulkster?

First post
Author
Daquaris
People of the Saiya
Silent Company
#81 - 2011-10-27 03:36:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Daquaris
Zircon Dasher wrote:
Daquaris wrote:
Also, with the right setup, the Talos will push 1700+ dps right now.... YUM!


I dont have pyf, so is that a faction fit glass cannon or a t2 fit with armor/shield buffer?


Nope, a relatively affordable throwaway suicide fit (t2) - admittedly with heat and implants however (I suppose it's not THAT unusual, my ganker has implants...(

Here's the fit if you are interested
stoicfaux
#82 - 2011-10-27 04:44:49 UTC
Am I right in thinking that a T2 1400 Apoc can (barely) alpha a glass cannon Talos?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#83 - 2011-10-27 04:54:47 UTC
An idea just hit me. I think I'm getting Goonitis.

If the Tier 3 BC is cheap enough, how many would it take to alpha a Tech 3 cruiser? Consider the cost ratio, an economic war on a corporation taking down a billion dollar ship with nearly half that in insured hulls...

just saying.


I'm going to stick with my Cyclone. They'll probably be down to 5 million ISK this winter.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Daquaris
People of the Saiya
Silent Company
#84 - 2011-10-27 06:06:03 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
An idea just hit me. I think I'm getting Goonitis.

If the Tier 3 BC is cheap enough, how many would it take to alpha a Tech 3 cruiser? Consider the cost ratio, an economic war on a corporation taking down a billion dollar ship with nearly half that in insured hulls...

just saying.


I'm going to stick with my Cyclone. They'll probably be down to 5 million ISK this winter.



You can already do it cheap (and easily) enough with an artypoc.
Calgrissom Torvec
#85 - 2011-10-27 13:10:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Calgrissom Torvec
Been preaching this ever since they released the info that new low skill BC where coming out with BS weapon mounts. If anyone thinks that these new BC are anything but CCP giving griefers/gankers a cheaper tool to hi sec gank with there crazy. CCP wants pirates running rampant in OP cheap ships as it fuels plex sales for poor high sec players trying to recoup from gankers. There is no place in the game for cheap fast high power weapon ships other than ganking and the best part is most everyone doesnt see this.

Inc major tears and cries for the nerf bat after these things hit the street.
Calgrissom Torvec
#86 - 2011-10-27 13:26:23 UTC
Edit: Wanted to add that ive always said Insurance should never be payed out to anyone who is concorded. If CCP didnt want high sec ganking that would stop 90% of it. But ganking makes CCP to much money on plex sales so of course they are going to fuel their gank players with as much insentive to gank as possible.
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#87 - 2011-10-27 13:42:29 UTC
Calgrissom Torvec wrote:
Edit: Wanted to add that ive always said Insurance should never be payed out to anyone who is concorded. If CCP didnt want high sec ganking that would stop 90% of it. But ganking makes CCP to much money on plex sales so of course they are going to fuel their gank players with as much insentive to gank as possible.


This. No insurance if you're killed by concord.
VaMei
Meafi Corp
#88 - 2011-10-27 14:02:42 UTC
I know all of the numbers people are tossing around are alpha and may not get to Sisi let alone go live, but are people really that worried about getting ganked by a t3 BC with 400mm resolution guns, when destroyers are having their -25% ROF removed? Removing that -25% is actually a 33% increase over current numbers, and that's to guns that can actually hit a small target on a ship with better tracking than anything else out there.

Add in the proposed buffs to blasters, and the Neutron Catalyst firing Void is going to bring suicide gankers to a whole new level of wet dreams.Twisted
Daquaris
People of the Saiya
Silent Company
#89 - 2011-10-27 17:14:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Daquaris
I am ready for this.

Looks like a max skilled cat will push around 750 dps....
Naomi Knight
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#90 - 2011-10-27 19:00:49 UTC
VaMei wrote:
I know all of the numbers people are tossing around are alpha and may not get to Sisi let alone go live, but are people really that worried about getting ganked by a t3 BC with 400mm resolution guns, when destroyers are having their -25% ROF removed? Removing that -25% is actually a 33% increase over current numbers, and that's to guns that can actually hit a small target on a ship with better tracking than anything else out there.

Add in the proposed buffs to blasters, and the Neutron Catalyst firing Void is going to bring suicide gankers to a whole new level of wet dreams.Twisted

so from now on destroyers will be the suicide ships?:O
tempest alpha around 8-10k
trasher around 1k-1.2k
both can do only 1 volley as far as i know
tempest should be able to easily hit its target (industrials)

getting the rof penalty off from trasher wont change this
average industrial 3k ehp

the new bc possibly will have around 80% alpha of a tempst , so would you use 1 ships and account to insta kill an indi or you would take 4 ****** destroyers and split the loot + suffer 4times as much sec penalty?
Calgrissom Torvec
#91 - 2011-10-27 19:21:17 UTC
VaMei wrote:
I know all of the numbers people are tossing around are alpha and may not get to Sisi let alone go live, but are people really that worried about getting ganked by a t3 BC with 400mm resolution guns, when destroyers are having their -25% ROF removed? Removing that -25% is actually a 33% increase over current numbers, and that's to guns that can actually hit a small target on a ship with better tracking than anything else out there.

Add in the proposed buffs to blasters, and the Neutron Catalyst firing Void is going to bring suicide gankers to a whole new level of wet dreams.Twisted


No people are worried about Minmatar Tornado's with 1400/1200 artys roflstomping indies. Solo ganking just got a 50% discount because now instead of a tempest people will use the tornado.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#92 - 2011-10-27 19:21:22 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
An idea just hit me. I think I'm getting Goonitis.

If the Tier 3 BC is cheap enough, how many would it take to alpha a Tech 3 cruiser?


1st depends how the T3 is tanked

2nd depends how skilled are your friends, because you don't think you can do this al alone do ya?

3rd depends how stupid is the T3 pilot

The "stupid" one let you disrupt him and keeps shooting mobs, you gank it and he's still there waiting his targets do get blown (hi null sec rating bots)

True story bro
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#93 - 2011-10-27 19:23:28 UTC
Daquaris wrote:
I am ready for this.

Looks like a max skilled cat will push around 750 dps....


On paper.
shal ri
Konigreich Preuben
Militaires-Sans-Frontieres.
#94 - 2011-10-27 20:01:36 UTC  |  Edited by: shal ri
all i hear is carebears b******* about being ganked while mining thier little hearts out. its eve. its made for pvp. y play if u dont plan on doing any killin like really. go play WOW if u dont want to pvp. in regards to ganking in high sec, thank god that its allowed. f****** carebears sit in high sec all safe doin the circle jerk to stay busy while they shoot rocks all day and do mish out the ass.

without ganking high sec would be all war decs and ppl spiining thier mining/mish ships in station till the dec is over. gank on gankers kill those carebears. Big smile
bloomeh
Stormy Riders
#95 - 2011-10-28 07:40:51 UTC
Make it like real insurance. The more you lose your ships, the more your insurance goes up till they won't insure your high risk ass anymore.
Ima FatBastard
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#96 - 2011-10-28 08:23:14 UTC
Calgrissom Torvec wrote:
No people are worried about Minmatar Tornado's with 1400/1200 artys roflstomping indies. Solo ganking just got a 50% discount because now instead of a tempest people will use the tornado.

It's going to be amazing.
Onictus
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#97 - 2011-10-28 08:41:06 UTC
Calgrissom Torvec wrote:
Been preaching this ever since they released the info that new low skill BC where coming out with BS weapon mounts. If anyone thinks that these new BC are anything but CCP giving griefers/gankers a cheaper tool to hi sec gank with there crazy. CCP wants pirates running rampant in OP cheap ships as it fuels plex sales for poor high sec players trying to recoup from gankers. There is no place in the game for cheap fast high power weapon ships other than ganking and the best part is most everyone doesnt see this.

Inc major tears and cries for the nerf bat after these things hit the street.



I think you are over reacting.


There are going to be two major effects from T3 BC....

and an increase is suicide ganking isn't it because its STILL going to be a hell of a lot cheaper to gank in **** fit catalysts and a thashers than +40mil isk battlecruisers. The whole idea is ********.....this isn't going to change anything, indies already get ganked all the time, and you still can't do **** about it in high sec because of the way agression works.

However, these new BCs are going to be terrors to the current all BC all the time fleets, from what I've seen they are going to mangle the current BC line-ups, and the only real way to deal with them will be wolf packs and nano-BSs

So maybe we'll see more BS's out and a about other than station games and the odd log-on trap.

The other thing is that these are going to be terrors in groups to cap pilots, specaily since dreads are losing their drones.

Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#98 - 2011-10-28 09:29:13 UTC
Calgrissom Torvec wrote:
Been preaching this ever since they released the info that new low skill BC where coming out with BS weapon mounts. If anyone thinks that these new BC are anything but CCP giving griefers/gankers a cheaper tool to hi sec gank with there crazy. CCP wants pirates running rampant in OP cheap ships as it fuels plex sales for poor high sec players trying to recoup from gankers. There is no place in the game for cheap fast high power weapon ships other than ganking and the best part is most everyone doesnt see this.

Inc major tears and cries for the nerf bat after these things hit the street.


Mr Torvec, what you've just said ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.

Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#99 - 2011-10-28 09:52:20 UTC
How are you guys fitting those ships up when i cant find them in Pyfa? (nub question)

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Aamrr
#100 - 2011-10-28 10:07:49 UTC
Pyfa released a new experimental build including the new BC stats. The pyfa thread has the details.