These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

About the Eos' model

First post First post First post
Author
Rembraan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#161 - 2013-06-02 08:56:27 UTC
Do it, Fozzie!
PavlikX
Rezeda Core
Rezeda Regnum
#162 - 2013-06-02 09:10:14 UTC
Voting people must post what ships they use.
Looks like absolution's pilots, like me, against this change
Angelhunter
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#163 - 2013-06-02 09:38:08 UTC
You stay the hell away from my Sleipnir Fozzie, I MEAN IT!

This ranks up there with some of the biggest "Why?" questions i have ever seen. The ships all look great as they are. Turning the Nighthawk into a Drake is comical though, i will give you that.
RatKnight1
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#164 - 2013-06-02 09:40:56 UTC
Fozzie... I like you...

If you touch my command ship hulls and turn them into some nasty looking shadow of their former selves, I swear, I will find your pod, I will kill your pod, I will fly with your corpse strapped to the front end of my ship.

On a related note, can you create a "corpse slot" for us to attach corpses to the nose of our ships?... you know, just in case.

Thanks!
Theodore Giumbix
All Gates Are Green
#165 - 2013-06-02 09:54:32 UTC
Pics please Big smile

Yo, New Eden, got capsuleers in da house. What's up? And their pimped rides. Yo, capsuleer, if ya want me to unpimp your ride, lemme hear ya say Wat?

Sarmatiko
#166 - 2013-06-02 09:55:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarmatiko
Theodore Giumbix wrote:
Pics please Big smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m8bZ7ThlRY
Dan-ielle
Doomheim
#167 - 2013-06-02 09:56:02 UTC
Horrible idea.

Do not want.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#168 - 2013-06-02 10:03:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
Theodore Giumbix wrote:
Pics please Big smile


I posted some on Page 4, but I'll repost them here too. I don't have mock-ups of all four ships, but I do have two of them.
These are not exact models, as firstly the exact models don't currently exist and secondly they're rendered using a Borderlands 2 style cel shader created by the artist. Nevertheless, they're sufficient for hypothetical purposes.

Since the Nighthawk is technically a Kaalakiota Ferox, here we have the Kaalakota Drake:

http://i.imgur.com/hqeaQ.jpg


The Sleipnir is made by Boundless Creation. Since Boundless Creation is itself owned and operated by the Brutor Tribe, I present the Brutor Tribe Hurricane:

http://i.imgur.com/hiZTG.jpg

All Credit goes to Apricot Baby of the Caldari Prime Pony Club.

Sarmatiko wrote:
Video currently uploading. Will update post in 1 hour.


This should be interesting.

---

As of this post, 103 pilots in favor and 33 pilots against. I'm being naive and assuming people are using their mains and not posting five times with alts.

There may be a small margin of error, as some pilots' posts were so ambiguous that a yes/no could not be determined no matter how loosely you interpreted them. Those pilots are not being included in the count.
Keldar Kor
Kor Logistics
#169 - 2013-06-02 10:08:03 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
  • Nighthawk would use the Drake hull

  • Ferox VS Drake hull, what a difficult, difficult choice.
    Nighthawk looks nice the way it is as a Ferox hull, the Drake is one of the ugliest hulls in EVE.

    Instead of making the NH ugly, may I suggest making a Rokh Navy Issue, a solid brawler with some damage bonus instead of range?
    Caldari lack a Navy hybrid platfom and the one hybrid pirate BS there is requires Gallente/Minmatar BS. Meh.

    IMHO.
    Callduron
    Dreddit
    Test Alliance Please Ignore
    #170 - 2013-06-02 10:12:01 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    This is something I've been thinking about during my predesign for the command ships.

    I'll start with this disclaimer, we will never feel that we need to make hull designs match the function of every ship. So there's no NEED to switch the hulls on any command ships. This is not something we've decided to do, but it is something we could do and would like your opinions on.

    It might be interesting to convert half the command ships into the other BC hull, picking the one that matches their weapon type at the T1 level.

    That would (potentially) mean:

  • Eos would use the Myrm hull
  • Sleipnir would use the Hurricane hull
  • Abso would use the Harb hull
  • Nighthawk would use the Drake hull

  • This is the kind of thing that we'd expect many people would have strong opinions about, and since it wouldn't have direct gameplay effects we wouldn't consider it worth doing unless there was some significant community support for the idea that overwhelms the opposition.

    So, hypothetically, what do you guys think?


    Thumbs up.

    We don't see Command ships that often and it would be better if they were more visually distinct.

    Also the Cane hull fits the brutal way Sleipnirs get used in the Alliance Tournament.

    I write http://stabbedup.blogspot.co.uk/

    I post on reddit as /u/callduron.

    TrouserDeagle
    Beyond Divinity Inc
    Shadow Cartel
    #171 - 2013-06-02 10:31:29 UTC
    Yeah they're both guns, but sleipnir is about active shield tanking, like the cyclone. Hurricane is about buffer armour.
    Marc Callan
    Lucifer's Hammer
    A Band Apart.
    #172 - 2013-06-02 10:36:49 UTC
    Hypothetically, I am in favor of any plan that results in another Myrmidon-class hull.

    I assume this would be done as part of the command-ship rebalance? Because at the moment, the Myrmidon has a significantly better offensive punch than the Eos, which is a bit odd...

    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegurt

    Alvatore DiMarco
    Capricious Endeavours Ltd
    #173 - 2013-06-02 10:36:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
    TrouserDeagle wrote:
    Yeah they're both guns, but sleipnir is about active shield tanking, like the cyclone. Hurricane is about buffer armour.


    To reply to your concern, the qualifying criteria here is the weapon system used on the T1 version, not about how they "should" be tanked, which is entirely too subjective and variable to be a determining factor.

    Marc Callan wrote:
    Hypothetically, I am in favor of any plan that results in another Myrmidon-class hull.

    I assume this would be done as part of the command-ship rebalance? Because at the moment, the Myrmidon has a significantly better offensive punch than the Eos, which is a bit odd...


    That would be a very good time to implement the switch, as it would give time for the art department to actually make the changes to the models, quite possibly even resulting in the finalized versions being used instead of a simple hull switch now and then an update later.
    Snus Mumriken
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #174 - 2013-06-02 10:37:16 UTC
    I like the idea of seeing more different hulls for Tech2 ships.

    I'm on Twitter.

    Lloyd Roses
    Artificial Memories
    #175 - 2013-06-02 11:01:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Lloyd Roses
    PavlikX wrote:
    Voting people must post what ships they use.
    Looks like absolution's pilots, like me, against this change



    I'm using the abso/sleip/astarte/claymore primarily for pvp on various toons. And I'd love a Boundless Creations Sleipnir. (Ganked a soft mega a couple minutes ago, was thinking how much more awesome it would be to sit in a hurricanehull instead of the current sleipnir)

    Edit: If the eos is to be a myrmhull, I'll quickly order a sixpack of those about now :D
    TrouserDeagle
    Beyond Divinity Inc
    Shadow Cartel
    #176 - 2013-06-02 11:05:49 UTC
    Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
    TrouserDeagle wrote:
    Yeah they're both guns, but sleipnir is about active shield tanking, like the cyclone. Hurricane is about buffer armour.


    To reply to your concern, the qualifying criteria here is the weapon system used on the T1 version, not about how they "should" be tanked, which is entirely too subjective and variable to be a determining factor.



    That's just, like, your opinion, man.
    Kallie Rae
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #177 - 2013-06-02 11:06:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Kallie Rae
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    This is something I've been thinking about during my predesign for the command ships.

    I'll start with this disclaimer, we will never feel that we need to make hull designs match the function of every ship. So there's no NEED to switch the hulls on any command ships. This is not something we've decided to do, but it is something we could do and would like your opinions on.

    It might be interesting to convert half the command ships into the other BC hull, picking the one that matches their weapon type at the T1 level.

    That would (potentially) mean:

  • Eos would use the Myrm hull
  • Sleipnir would use the Hurricane hull
  • Abso would use the Harb hull
  • Nighthawk would use the Drake hull

  • This is the kind of thing that we'd expect many people would have strong opinions about, and since it wouldn't have direct gameplay effects we wouldn't consider it worth doing unless there was some significant community support for the idea that overwhelms the opposition.

    So, hypothetically, what do you guys think?



    This sounds awesome! Do it! :D

    Edit: Though don't even think about making the Sleipnir a missile ship.
    Radgette
    EVE Irn Bru Distribution
    #178 - 2013-06-02 11:07:12 UTC
    please don't do this.

    Especially when it comes to the Sleipnir and Claymore they iconic ships more so than the Cane imo.

    The others i don't fly so am not so fussed about and tbh another Myrm hull would be pretty cool.

    As you said though it would be all or nothing and so I have to say whole heartedly NO to this change
    To mare
    Advanced Technology
    #179 - 2013-06-02 11:17:29 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    This is something I've been thinking about during my predesign for the command ships.

    I'll start with this disclaimer, we will never feel that we need to make hull designs match the function of every ship. So there's no NEED to switch the hulls on any command ships. This is not something we've decided to do, but it is something we could do and would like your opinions on.

    It might be interesting to convert half the command ships into the other BC hull, picking the one that matches their weapon type at the T1 level.

    That would (potentially) mean:

  • Eos would use the Myrm hull
  • Sleipnir would use the Hurricane hull
  • Abso would use the Harb hull
  • Nighthawk would use the Drake hull

  • This is the kind of thing that we'd expect many people would have strong opinions about, and since it wouldn't have direct gameplay effects we wouldn't consider it worth doing unless there was some significant community support for the idea that overwhelms the opposition.

    So, hypothetically, what do you guys think?

    YES PLEASE
    and maybe with the CS tiericide make the the T2 version match the T1 bonus ?
    Alvatore DiMarco
    Capricious Endeavours Ltd
    #180 - 2013-06-02 11:18:23 UTC
    Radgette wrote:
    please don't do this.

    Especially when it comes to the Sleipnir and Claymore they iconic ships more so than the Cane imo.

    The others i don't fly so am not so fussed about and tbh another Myrm hull would be pretty cool.

    As you said though it would be all or nothing and so I have to say whole heartedly NO to this change


    Since you're referencing the Claymore, I want to point out that it would remain the current black cyclone model. It will be getting messed-around-with anyway at some point though, when the art team has its unique T2 variation ready.