These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

About the Eos' model

First post First post First post
Author
Jonas Sukarala
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#201 - 2013-06-02 12:31:07 UTC
DeLindsay wrote:
Sarmatiko wrote:
Theodore Giumbix wrote:
Pics please Big smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m8bZ7ThlRY

OMFG!!! The Eos as a sexier Myrmidon makes me wet myself! And honestly the Abso looked damn nice and I was surprised how good the Nighthawk looked as a Drake skin. The Cane model I expected to look good and it does. The Eos is the clear winner of the pack though if it gets the reskin.


I am surprised how good that myrm reskin looks .. the cane is a bit samey as the T1 version though or more like the fleet issue .
It would be a good base to start from then they need to mod them to look unique and more distinguished maybe the colour scheme on the cane needs more colour and flamboyance to it.

'Tech3 ships need to be put down, like a rabid dog drooling everywhere in the house, they are out of line' CCP Ytterbium Nerf missile range into place where is the TD missile change?  ..projectiles should use capacitor. ABC's should be T2 HABC and nerf web strength its still too high

Amakish
Snipes Incorporated UK
#202 - 2013-06-02 12:31:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Amakish
DONT MESS WITH MY SPACE CHICKEN!!!!!

no seriusly dont f*cking touch my absolution and damnation! thx bye...

if you want to give work to the art department here is a list:

redo MOA hull
redo OSPREY hull
redo RAVEN hull
redo HOUND hull - this?
http://tigaer.deviantart.com/art/EVE-Online-Blade-182413980

redo TALWAR hull - space contrainer with solar panels!!!! come on!!! change to this?
http://tigaer.deviantart.com/art/EVE-Online-Blade-182413980 or
http://tigaer.deviantart.com/art/Tsunami-Primary-Arrangement-181731541

redo DRAGOON - looks too much like the coercer!!! change to this?
http://www.deviantart.com/art/AMARR-Shamshir-181909868

looking through the internet for inspiration is hard.... looking through contest submissions even harder!!

redo space potato hull ehh i mean DOMINIX
make unique model for BHAALGORN - keep color scheme
http://i39.tinypic.com/2lm46et.jpg

make unique model for VINDICATOR - keep color scheme
make unique model for GILA - keep color scheme
make unique model for VIGILANT - keep color cheme

redo several t3 subsystems, some of them just looks silly
Solhild
Doomheim
#203 - 2013-06-02 12:39:22 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
This is something I've been thinking about during my predesign for the command ships.

I'll start with this disclaimer, we will never feel that we need to make hull designs match the function of every ship. So there's no NEED to switch the hulls on any command ships. This is not something we've decided to do, but it is something we could do and would like your opinions on.

It might be interesting to convert half the command ships into the other BC hull, picking the one that matches their weapon type at the T1 level.

That would (potentially) mean:

  • Eos would use the Myrm hull
  • Sleipnir would use the Hurricane hull
  • Abso would use the Harb hull
  • Nighthawk would use the Drake hull

  • This is the kind of thing that we'd expect many people would have strong opinions about, and since it wouldn't have direct gameplay effects we wouldn't consider it worth doing unless there was some significant community support for the idea that overwhelms the opposition.

    So, hypothetically, what do you guys think?


    I love the idea of this. Please do it.
    I have no problem with the invention implications of this either.

    Perhaps you should be open to the option of switching T2 manufacturers to preserve the skin that best suits the ship?
    i.e. make Boundless Creation the manufacturer of the Claymore so it keeps the desert camo skin on the cyclone. Doing this means that Core Complexion is the manufacturer of the Sleipnir and we have a black cane Shocked

    Really looking forward to the art folks making independent model derivatives for Command ships from their T1 base.
    Alvatore DiMarco
    Capricious Endeavours Ltd
    #204 - 2013-06-02 12:41:58 UTC
    Solhild wrote:

    I love the idea of this. Please do it.
    I have no problem with the invention implications of this either.

    Perhaps you should be open to the option of switching T2 manufacturers to preserve the skin that best suits the ship?
    i.e. make Boundless Creation the manufacturer of the Claymore so it keeps the desert camo skin on the cyclone. Doing this means that Core Complexion is the manufacturer of the Sleipnir and we have a black cane Shocked

    Really looking forward to the art folks making independent model derivatives for Command ships from their T1 base.


    The problem with a manufacturer change is that Boundless Creation is all about turrets, not missiles. The manufacturer of a T2 ship reflects the weapon platform and ship stats, not just the skin.
    Solhild
    Doomheim
    #205 - 2013-06-02 12:44:43 UTC
    Sarmatiko wrote:
    Theodore Giumbix wrote:
    Pics please Big smile

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m8bZ7ThlRY


    Now I'd love to see what the 'tier2' hulls look like with the other manufacturer - is this possible?

    I'll give you lots of internet likes if you can do this Big smile
    Beaver Retriever
    Reality Sequence
    #206 - 2013-06-02 12:44:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Beaver Retriever
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

    The art guys have also been slowly updating many T2 ships to have modified geometry compared to the T2 hulls, so either way someday the command ships will likely end up being a bit different, but that would likely come later.

    While we're on the subject..

    If this is going to be done, the solar panels/wingy bits on the cane hull for the Sleipnir should be removed and then placed along the top/spine of the hull, like space dinosaur fins. Or a space mohawk.

    That would be cool.

    Solhild wrote:
    Sarmatiko wrote:
    Theodore Giumbix wrote:
    Pics please Big smile

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m8bZ7ThlRY


    Now I'd love to see what the 'tier2' hulls look like with the other manufacturer - is this possible?

    I'll give you lots of internet likes if you can do this Big smile

    http://www.youtube.com/user/TanithAmberdemon/videos

    t'amber/other names/i don't know them all has a lot of racial manufacturer render videos up. i'm sure if you bribe him with cat photos or kind words he will totally make more.
    Stridsflygplan
    Krypted Gaming
    #207 - 2013-06-02 12:46:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Stridsflygplan
    Sarmatiko wrote:
    Theodore Giumbix wrote:
    Pics please Big smile

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m8bZ7ThlRY


    The Sleipnir and its look is so iconic. it feels just strange when it looks like a hurricane. Maybe would be better to make the Claymore look like a cane.

    The Harb(Abso) will definitely be better with its focus on lasers.

    T2 Drake looks badass love the paintjob and feels much better then the current look.

    The EOS is a brilliant change. This game needs more vertical ships and the drone boat theme is a perfect fit :)

    Edit: Thinking about it if the Claymore would look like a black cane with missile launchers that would feel and look just wrong.
    Mattie Silks
    Ministry of War
    Amarr Empire
    #208 - 2013-06-02 12:51:22 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

    That would (potentially) mean:

  • Eos would use the Myrm hull
  • Sleipnir would use the Hurricane hull
  • Abso would use the Harb hull
  • Nighthawk would use the Drake hull


  • Absolutely support this.
    Solhild
    Doomheim
    #209 - 2013-06-02 13:01:59 UTC
    Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
    Solhild wrote:

    I love the idea of this. Please do it.
    I have no problem with the invention implications of this either.

    Perhaps you should be open to the option of switching T2 manufacturers to preserve the skin that best suits the ship?
    i.e. make Boundless Creation the manufacturer of the Claymore so it keeps the desert camo skin on the cyclone. Doing this means that Core Complexion is the manufacturer of the Sleipnir and we have a black cane Shocked

    Really looking forward to the art folks making independent model derivatives for Command ships from their T1 base.


    The problem with a manufacturer change is that Boundless Creation is all about turrets, not missiles. The manufacturer of a T2 ship reflects the weapon platform and ship stats, not just the skin.


    A good point. Perhaps there is scope for reviewing the text that describes the 'lots of guns'/(missiles) philosophy vs. favouring electronics and defence?
    If the claymore/sleipnir rebalance will move them to badass missile ship / badass gun ship then the current manufacturer description doesn't work.
    Alvatore DiMarco
    Capricious Endeavours Ltd
    #210 - 2013-06-02 13:15:42 UTC
    You raise a very good point. Have a Core Complexion Hurricane.
    http://i.imgur.com/gVfxxNZ.jpg
    Inepsa1987
    #211 - 2013-06-02 13:22:02 UTC
    As much as I want the T2 myrm, No because of Sleipnir .

    Spaceship Pilot.

    Violet Winters
    I HAVE THE POWER OF GOD AND ANIME ON MY SIDE
    SAMURAI SOUL'd OUT
    #212 - 2013-06-02 13:26:07 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:


    That would (potentially) mean:

  • Eos would use the Myrm hull
  • Sleipnir would use the Hurricane hull
  • Abso would use the Harb hull
  • Nighthawk would use the Drake hull



  • beccccauuuuse?

    Another thing that doesn't need to be changed, change stuff that does actually NEED to be changed.

    CEO - Anglic Eclipse.

    Jonas Sukarala
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #213 - 2013-06-02 13:26:14 UTC
    Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
    You raise a very good point. Have a Core Complexion Hurricane.
    http://i.imgur.com/gVfxxNZ.jpg


    much nicer

    'Tech3 ships need to be put down, like a rabid dog drooling everywhere in the house, they are out of line' CCP Ytterbium Nerf missile range into place where is the TD missile change?  ..projectiles should use capacitor. ABC's should be T2 HABC and nerf web strength its still too high

    Alvatore DiMarco
    Capricious Endeavours Ltd
    #214 - 2013-06-02 13:30:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
    Violet Winters wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:


    That would (potentially) mean:

  • Eos would use the Myrm hull
  • Sleipnir would use the Hurricane hull
  • Abso would use the Harb hull
  • Nighthawk would use the Drake hull



  • beccccauuuuse?

    Another thing that doesn't need to be changed, change stuff that does actually NEED to be changed.


    What you consider changes that "NEED" to be made will probably be considered unnecessary to other people, just as you feel this is unnecessary despite other people feeling that it in fact "NEEDS" to be changed.

    EDIT: I should mention that the nice thing about this change is that it doesn't consume any of the dev time required for what you feel "NEEDS" to be done, so these things can actually happen in parallel.
    Kethry Avenger
    Ministry of War
    Amarr Empire
    #215 - 2013-06-02 13:40:16 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

  • Eos would use the Myrm hull
  • Sleipnir would use the Hurricane hull
  • Abso would use the Harb hull
  • Nighthawk would use the Drake hull

  • So, hypothetically, what do you guys think?


    Yes please! Do it!
    Tuxedo Catfish
    Aliastra
    Gallente Federation
    #216 - 2013-06-02 13:43:24 UTC
    I am down with this plan in every way except changing the Absolution model, which unfortunately is an unconditional dealbreaker. Leave the battle chicken alone.
    Romvex
    TURN LEFT
    HYDRA RELOADED
    #217 - 2013-06-02 13:47:08 UTC
    take all of my yeps
    Resilan Bearcat
    The Scope
    Gallente Federation
    #218 - 2013-06-02 13:52:33 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

    ...snip...
    That would (potentially) mean:

  • Eos would use the Myrm hull

  • ...snip....

    So, hypothetically, what do you guys think?


    I love this idea!
    Omega Tron
    Edge Dancers
    Pan-Intergalatic Business Community
    #219 - 2013-06-02 13:53:57 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    This is something I've been thinking about during my predesign for the command ships.

    I'll start with this disclaimer, we will never feel that we need to make hull designs match the function of every ship. So there's no NEED to switch the hulls on any command ships. This is not something we've decided to do, but it is something we could do and would like your opinions on.

    It might be interesting to convert half the command ships into the other BC hull, picking the one that matches their weapon type at the T1 level.

    That would (potentially) mean:

  • Eos would use the Myrm hull
  • Sleipnir would use the Hurricane hull
  • Abso would use the Harb hull
  • Nighthawk would use the Drake hull

  • This is the kind of thing that we'd expect many people would have strong opinions about, and since it wouldn't have direct gameplay effects we wouldn't consider it worth doing unless there was some significant community support for the idea that overwhelms the opposition.

    So, hypothetically, what do you guys think?



    Yes please.

    And can it be a point release rather than a being tied to major release cycle?

    CCP's sand box is EVE Online.  The sand is owned by CCP.  We pay them a monthly fee to throw the sand at each other.  That is all that is here, so move along. Nothing more to be seen.

    Nevyn Auscent
    Broke Sauce
    #220 - 2013-06-02 13:55:34 UTC
    I'm onboard with this change, and I just trained into CS because of how awesome the amarr ones look, but it makes sense even if the Abso might not be quite as pretty,