These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: Ship-troduction: The Minmatar Tornado

First post First post
Author
pussnheels
Viziam
#381 - 2011-10-23 18:37:24 UTC
Buzzmong wrote:
Blimeh, a dev response after the first couple of pages, it's like the old days again P

I'm just curious what role these new BC's will fulfil.

The idea is awesome, but the idea behind titans and motherships (supercarriers) was also Awesome(TM) and look how that turned out.

EvE doesn't need awesome ideas when ships are added, it needs roles which ships are designed to fill otherwise you end up with the problems we've got now, ie supercarriers and to a similar extent, T3 Cruisers (jack of all trades, but oddly also extremely good at said trades, like the Tengu).

If this idea with the BC's using next size up weapons works out nicely, would CCP be willing to take the idea and apply it to Destroyers? They *really* could do with a lot of love and have needed it for many years now.

depends all on the stats and slot layouts but i wouldn't be suprised it will be used as the historical battlecruiser we know ; seek out and destroy anything that isn't fast enough and smaller ( cruisers; other bc s , industrials ) but fast enough to escape anything larger and stronger

butwe need to wait for the stats to see what they will bring more to the game

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

inexistin
Rubbish and Garbage Removal
#382 - 2011-10-23 20:45:11 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
Won't the tier 1 and 2 battlecruisers become useless?

One name: Ferox. And don't tell me about blasters; at least not until winter comes.
Rawls Canardly
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#383 - 2011-10-23 21:51:19 UTC
Looking forward to the change, but I'm of the camp that believes that destroyers need both a big buff (turns slower than a cruiser and tanks like a frigate? Come on.) And more options. this could be game changing nonetheless
Ulair Memmet
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#384 - 2011-10-23 21:52:03 UTC
The ship looks badass. I'm looking forward to the other ones Big smile

How about sentry-boni for the gallente :) Not like the sin, i mean REAL damage and tracking. And a drone-scooping range bonus to make up for the immovability muahaha

Looking forward to the next blogs
Raid'En
#385 - 2011-10-23 22:29:10 UTC
Jack Dant wrote:

It's not the T2 variants, it's the tiers: cyclone vs hurricane, prophecy vs harbinger, etc.

i was only quoting the CRUISER stuff, not the BC stuff.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#386 - 2011-10-23 22:57:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
CCP Phantom wrote:
Thank you for all your replies and feedback. The majority of the posts show excitement! Roughly a quarter of the posts I have read (and I have read them all) had a positive attitude but were a bit hesitant. I saw less than 5% of the posts that considered this idea as being really bad.

Most of the hesitation results from lack of solid numbers so far as you haven't seen the stats of the new ships or how exactly they will work. Won't the tier 1 and 2 battlecruisers become useless? Won't the new battlecruiser have a too strong tank, making them overpowered? Won't the tier 2 battleships become useless? What about the Gallente ship, will it at least this time not get the short end? And how will tracking work, a fast ship with large weapons? We saw more questions and read them all!

CCP Ytterbium is working on a new Devblog with more information about the Tornado and its brothers in arms.

Some of us are maybe going fast for conclusions but heh, after all in what gallente pilots are concerned, it's not like if we're stuck with something close to useless because of the very specific roles our ships can field and represent a tiny portion of what Eve combat has to offer, I guess we play more often than those specific occasions happen.

Yes I'm really curious to see what you guys have cooked for hybrids and gallente pilots in hope we'll be happy and surprised.
Between Caldari and Gallente you'd make a huge percentage of players happy I guess.
Rip Minner
ARMITAGE Logistics Salvage and Industries
#387 - 2011-10-23 23:17:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Rip Minner
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Rip Minner wrote:
Ya this is just what we need lets make Battle Ships even more useless and unwanted out side of pve.What?

These ships from the EVEkill Top 20 think you are talking crazy.

3 Abaddon 52906
4 Armageddon 25130
5 Maelstrom 24284
6 Tempest 22567

But hey I am sure the 175kEHP Abbadon is very scared of a Ship with 25% the Tank that it can hit.

Really if anyone should be scared of these things it should be.

1 Drake 141384
2 Hurricane 85968

These guys which can get hit by those weapons and can not out run the New Battlecruiser.

This numbers realy show nothing.

1.) Did they get poped in the attempt to do PVE? i.e. In a wormhole/in a sactum/in a Incursion/when rating?

2.) Did they get poped in a pvp engagment before they fig out sniping BS's get scan locked and pind down before they can go to warp again?

so on and so on.

Secondly I would realy like to know how you know the new BC's are only going to have 25% of the tank and cant out run a BS?

Is it a rock point a lazer at it and profit. Is it a ship point a lazer at it and profit. I dont see any problems here.

Haulin Gneiss
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#388 - 2011-10-23 23:36:16 UTC
can you say BC6?
Haulin Gneiss
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#389 - 2011-10-23 23:36:22 UTC
derp dupe
Haulin Aussie
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#390 - 2011-10-24 02:32:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Haulin Aussie
CCP Masterplan wrote:
To My Hurricane:
Sorry, I've found something else.
Something vertical

50million isk that Hurricanes will tear these things to shreds.

EDIT: Unless of course your giving these new BC a tracking bonus, and a cap bonus, and a damage bonus, and a tank bonus, derp
bloodlust priest
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#391 - 2011-10-24 03:02:57 UTC
so now there is really no reason to fly t2 ever again
Fenris Nihilus
Gallente Federation
#392 - 2011-10-24 05:17:35 UTC
bloodlust priest wrote:
so now there is really no reason to fly t2 ever again

They said it has over sized guns but sacrifices other assets like tankage.... so no still a reason to fly t2.
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#393 - 2011-10-24 05:26:58 UTC
To all the pro-battleship pilots who hate on caps, support the cap nerf and are not fond of a t3 BC that can push a BS's dps:

BS tears best tears.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Poor Lazarus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#394 - 2011-10-24 06:03:43 UTC
Behold! INTARNET SPACESHIPS ARE BACK!
Alara IonStorm
#395 - 2011-10-24 06:11:32 UTC
Rip Minner wrote:

This numbers realy show nothing.

1.) Did they get poped in the attempt to do PVE? i.e. In a wormhole/in a sactum/in a Incursion/when rating?

2.) Did they get poped in a pvp engagment before they fig out sniping BS's get scan locked and pind down before they can go to warp again?

so on and so on.

Sorry I figured any EVE Player who would have a comment on this would understand that the reason they are in the top six is because those 4 Battleships are the most well known Fleet Battlships in the game.

I should have been more clear. The Abbadon, Maelstrom, Armageddon and Tempest are the fleet standard for PvP and are used heavily in large scale Warfare. which incidently is where they get such a high kill record compared to well everything else in the game below them.

Rip Minner wrote:

Secondly I would realy like to know how you know the new BC's are only going to have 25% of the tank and cant out run a BS?

I do not for sure but your Avg Battlecruiser has 35-50k EHP. I do not see why these would be any different. I never said they could outrun a Battleship, sure I have no doubt they could run. If only running = winning. They have less tank and since most Battlecruisers currently have 6 Guns and smaller Drone bays it is a good bet that they will do less DPS if they can even fit the largest guns like those Battleships can.

I am willing to bet that the Abbadon, Maelstrom and Co are not going anywhere soon.
Alex Logan
OK Researches And Inventions
#396 - 2011-10-24 06:52:51 UTC
this sounds interesting, we can fit the big howitzers and insta pop noobs up in hisec...
Deviana Sevidon
Jades Falcon Guards
#397 - 2011-10-24 06:55:39 UTC
Ulair Memmet wrote:
The ship looks badass. I'm looking forward to the other ones Big smile

How about sentry-boni for the gallente :) Not like the sin, i mean REAL damage and tracking. And a drone-scooping range bonus to make up for the immovability muahaha

Looking forward to the next blogs

I want hybrid fixed and do some proper damage with large blasters, not another drone boat.

....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.

Vorpheus
Three Sword Inc
#398 - 2011-10-24 09:07:08 UTC
i already thought about siege battlecruisers, nice thing... but what next? player controlled fighter bomber i would love... stealthbomber with capital weapons, weeee...

but back to topic... i just realized... another gankweapon... hm, that tornado would be overpowered, if it could have 8 1400mm artilleries... doubt thats gonna happen...

but anyway... winters gonna be epic
Gods Coldblood
BEAST MODE INC
#399 - 2011-10-24 09:28:37 UTC
Ok, well,

i had to check it wasn't April..

It isn't!!!!

I also took precautions and pinched myself,

it hurt, so I'm not dreaming..

So this isn't a joke?

err

hmmm

Ok

My Youtube Channel: Here

charmed knight
Rage and Terror
Against ALL Authorities
#400 - 2011-10-24 10:57:49 UTC
so, Drakes with cruise launchers,
again borring Fleet fights: 100 x Tier3Drakes + 30 logistics VS 100 x Tier3Drakes + 30 logistics :facepalm:

Ugh