These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Er.....is that it?

First post
Author
Capt Tenguru10
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#41 - 2013-05-30 19:47:12 UTC
just quit now

http://i.imgur.com/EYX5Zi7.gif

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#42 - 2013-05-30 19:58:19 UTC
Blake Gates Heleneto wrote:
LOL

Tell me again how much you are paying for these expansions... (...)

I assure you that if CCP figured how to block content to certain clients in a single shard server, you would be paying for using those expansions. Blink

But then, albeit the OP is a bit mislead on the real condition of WiS, the expansions have been "meh" for the last 4 ones, and winter is gonna be "meh" too even if CCP manages to find a EP and put him/her up to speed by then.

Tinkering with the new exploration on Sisi just has showed me how few I like exploration even If i always find fresh unused sites without any competition and can spend any amount of time to fail to hack them.

Under real TQ conditions, I will not waste a minute.
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#43 - 2013-05-30 20:11:52 UTC
I think we'd all love it if CCP developed a more random/engaging exploration/mission system, causing the encounters to be a bit more surprising than, "Google site/mission, change fit if necessary, blow up red +'s."

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Gnaw LF
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#44 - 2013-05-30 20:15:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Gnaw LF
Ranger 1 wrote:
Gnaw LF wrote:
Got out of your ship? Pray do tell what would ever posses me, a capsuleer, leave my precious pod that allows me full control of my ship. Go outside of the 6 to 20 meters of titanium hull that separates my pod and the hard vacuum, and leave the protection of my Blaster Cannons just so Dust Bunny can come and hunt me down?

Come on, have you not been here for the Jita riots? We do not want Avatar exploration, we dont want to run around on foot hopping nimbly bimbly from platform to platform. What we want is spaceships, that is why we are playing this game and CCP is providing plenty of changes to exiting Battlehships and Skills in order to make access and use of said spaceships different for a while after the release of Odessey. Plus its a free freaking expansion, say thank you to CCP that you dont have to pay 30 bucks to play a race of space pandas.

While I agree that the expansion looks quite fully featured, I have to say that you have literally no idea what the Jita riots were about.

Jita riots were about CCP not listening to players and then being smug about it in internal newsletter publications, so shut your filthy mouth sir.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#45 - 2013-05-30 20:33:20 UTC
The expansion has so many "little things" in it we should be glad to see something we can notice.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

DerArt1st
Doomheim
#46 - 2013-05-30 21:38:39 UTC
Haulie Berry wrote:

-Tags4Sec - New content
-A rebalance of a ton of mats - High end ores, Ice, and moon minerals. - Tweak of existing values
-POS management improvements - Tweak of existing values
-A metric asston of ship rebalancing - Tweak of existing values
-Navy battlecruisers! - New content (well, kinda...)
-An assortment of module rebalances - Tweak of existing values
-Capital rigs - New content
-Skill changes/tiericide - Tweak of existing values
-Bunch of visual changes - Tweak of existing values
-Pretty sure I saw something about some performance enhancements, as well. - Tweak of existing values

3 x New content
7 x Tweaks

I don't know what everybody else thinks but normaly "expansions" are filled with mostly new content. Softwarechanges where something gets changed are called "patches".
Pierrot-LeFou
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2013-05-30 21:42:24 UTC
DerArt1st wrote:
Haulie Berry wrote:

-Tags4Sec - New content
-A rebalance of a ton of mats - High end ores, Ice, and moon minerals. - Tweak of existing values
-POS management improvements - Tweak of existing values
-A metric asston of ship rebalancing - Tweak of existing values
-Navy battlecruisers! - New content (well, kinda...)
-An assortment of module rebalances - Tweak of existing values
-Capital rigs - New content
-Skill changes/tiericide - Tweak of existing values
-Bunch of visual changes - Tweak of existing values
-Pretty sure I saw something about some performance enhancements, as well. - Tweak of existing values

3 x New content
7 x Tweaks

I don't know what everybody else thinks but normaly "expansions" are filled with mostly new content. Softwarechanges where something gets changed are called "patches".

Expansions typically also cost money and only come out once every 12+ months.

It's a word, not a standard.
Nex apparatu5
Blackwood Co.
#48 - 2013-05-30 21:56:27 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
LOL

I assure you that if CCP figured how to block content to certain clients in a single shard server, you would be paying for using those expansions. Blink

considering it took me roughly five seconds to figure out a way to do this, i bet CCP could easily gate content.
Pierrot-LeFou
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2013-05-30 21:57:43 UTC
Nex apparatu5 wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
LOL

considering it took me roughly five seconds to figure out a way to do this, i bet CCP could easily gate content.

Considering skills and whatnot are already blocked when you're a trial account, CCP already knows how to do it too. It was a pretty stupid question.
Zak Breen
Breen Enterprises
#50 - 2013-05-30 21:58:08 UTC
CCP has every right to charge for these expansions but they don't. Why do you complain when they provide consistent updates and features to a 10-year-old game?

Maturity, one discovers, has everything to do with the acceptance of not knowing. http://www.di.fm/spacemusic

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#51 - 2013-05-30 22:45:49 UTC
Tell me again how much you are paying for these expansions...

$14.95 a month?

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Xavier Liche
ACME Mineral and Gas
#52 - 2013-05-30 22:55:52 UTC
Roisin Connor wrote:
Er... is that it?

You (CCP) have tweaked the scanning system and changed the way it works slightly and are selling this as an expansion.

Does anyone else feel the same way as me after each supposed expansion - utterly dejected and depressed with the progress this game is making. When are CCP going to actually move the game on a bit ie open that station cabin door for our avatar.

There was a brilliant post about a prototype exploration game made in Unity engine that CCP had been protyping. You actually got out of your ship and explored the site, other players could come and hunt you. It was FPS love in space. Where is that? We get a few changes to exploration and call it an expansion.

Oh and you add some new system travel animation....

Man this is the only game that is worth playing at the moment but you guys really need to grow a pair and release something more than tweaks.

Please hurry the **** up CCP.

F U R I O U S

It downloaded something while I was getting a drink, didn't cost me a dime, and IMHO it is not good enough Roll
Danni stark
#53 - 2013-05-30 22:56:54 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Tell me again how much you are paying for these expansions...

$14.95 a month?

no that's your subscription cost.
Jimmy Morane
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#54 - 2013-05-30 23:22:36 UTC
My question about this is - when it is released next week is it going to unleash a torrent of problems affecting players like the new launcher release did last week?
Danni stark
#55 - 2013-05-30 23:27:49 UTC
Jimmy Morane wrote:
My question about this is - when it is released next week is it going to unleash a torrent of problems affecting players like the new launcher release did last week?

yes.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2013-05-30 23:50:31 UTC
Roisin Connor wrote:
Er... is that it?

You (CCP) have tweaked the scanning system and changed the way it works slightly and are selling this as an expansion.

Does anyone else feel the same way as me after each supposed expansion - utterly dejected and depressed with the progress this game is making. When are CCP going to actually move the game on a bit ie open that station cabin door for our avatar.

There was a brilliant post about a prototype exploration game made in Unity engine that CCP had been protyping. You actually got out of your ship and explored the site, other players could come and hunt you. It was FPS love in space. Where is that? We get a few changes to exploration and call it an expansion.

Oh and you add some new system travel animation....

Man this is the only game that is worth playing at the moment but you guys really need to grow a pair and release something more than tweaks.

Please hurry the **** up CCP.

Im usually quick to bash CCP but this expansion looks really nice.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

GreenSeed
#57 - 2013-05-30 23:51:42 UTC
anyone else annoyed by all the new people and they lack of familiarity with the eve developing cycle?

yes kid, its an expansion. and its full of changes, some more than enough to fuel a good 2 - 3 years of player generated content. ice changes? relocation of moons? added value on FW LP?

the content on eve is not dev generated, its player generated. there's no need for pandas, a new battleground or yet another mathematically generated tier of items. all it takes is some changes on the rules of the sandbox to generate a cascade effect.
Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#58 - 2013-05-31 00:02:32 UTC
CCP is continually improving its product. And there are two, to some degree, expansions a year.

IMHO the OP sounds spoiled.
Blake Gates Heleneto
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#59 - 2013-05-31 00:09:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Blake Gates Heleneto
GreenSeed wrote:
anyone else annoyed by all the new people and they lack of familiarity with the eve developing cycle?

yes kid, its an expansion. and its full of changes, some more than enough to fuel a good 2 - 3 years of player generated content. ice changes? relocation of moons? added value on FW LP?

the content on eve is not dev generated, its player generated. there's no need for pandas, a new battleground or yet another mathematically generated tier of items. all it takes is some changes on the rules of the sandbox to generate a cascade effect.

+1

/end thread

Edit: Also, anybody that replied to my question with "$14.95" about how much you pay for these relentless expansions CCP works so hard to put out TWICE PER YEAR, go play World of Warcraft(which by the way, you don't even have the option to pay with in-game currency) and pay your $15 a month and enjoy paying $30 or $60 or whatever EXTRA once every what? 18 months for some garbage 'Shaolin Kangaroo' expansion. Idiots.
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#60 - 2013-05-31 00:10:52 UTC
CompleteFailure wrote:
F***ING NAVY BATTLECRUISERS.

That is all.

LOL, Yes, Navy BC's, that rival the BC's we had two years ago, before CCP started lighting off all the nerf bombs.

So, you're happy about paying three times as much for something you had two years ago? Oops

Signature removed - CCP Eterne